Transfers and grad transfers - 2020

ACE

Just now, Reinert310 said:

Maybe if we’re just talking about basketball. But the kid has obviously been through a lot. He might different motivation when making his commitment. I hope it’s SLU, but who knows.

That is a good perspective. All i can say is i have spent some time in Normal, and I was always happy to drive back to STL.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

That is a good perspective. All i can say is i have spent some time in Normal, and I was always happy to drive back to STL.

That’s a good point. Same.

1 minute ago, A10Ref said:

Regardless, I love the roster we have and team blue is going to be fun for some years to come.

Out of reactions. Good post.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

What at all is enticing about ISU right now? They won nine games last year. They're 150ish in Torvik's 2021 ranks. Why wouldn't Bradley be the choice if you're trying to stay really close? Illinois? 

I understand the wanting to stay home, but ISU is such a wild choice considering his options, especially those within three hours of Normal.

Is Illinois State a top five program in the state?

They won NINE GAMES in that dumpster fire of a conference.

His dad passed away a few months back.  I think you underestimate the ability to get home in 10 minutes to see / be with his mother as compared to 3 hours.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oregon transfer Francis Okoro posted on Snapchat that he will announce his decision tonight at 6 p.m.<br><br>Okoro (a fellow Normal West grad) posted last night a photo of him in an ILST uniform and clarified it wasn&#39;t official. <br><br>Okoro was ESPN&#39;s #56 player in Class of 18.</p>&mdash; Wyatt Wheeler (@WyattWheeler_NL) <a href="https://twitter.com/WyattWheeler_NL/status/1253759842692595718?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Not common but it does happen more than you would think.

Taj gave us an update of all the A10 teams 2 weeks ago or so, and if memory serves correct, 2 of our A10 competitors were then over-subscribed.   Not all that uncommon.  RM over subscribed for us here at SLU for a short time.   

Will Okoro pick us?  No idea.   But Ford needs to clear a sport first?   No.  Why would anyone even say that?   

53 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

We can have more commits than scholarships available. Happens in the big league teams all the time. It doesn’t have to be diarra either. No one knows for sure if thatch is healthy or Goodwin or French wanna play for 300k in g league 

Agree.  And once an existing player announces he will leave, questions will abound as to where he will go and his leverage may actually drop --- not good for our players

3 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Maybe he meant he declared for the NFL draft - Round 2 starts at the same time.  Coincidence?

And...the plot thickens!

1 hour ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

We can have more commits than scholarships available. Happens in the big league teams all the time. It doesn’t have to be diarra either. No one knows for sure if thatch is healthy or Goodwin or French wanna play for 300k in g league 

those G guys get 300K a season? If that's the case adios twin wonderfulness if they get accepted.

2 minutes ago, Slufan10 said:

is that a reliable source? They joined twitter this month. Hope it's true though.

They’ve tweeted a lot about recruits to be completely random.