Transfers and grad transfers - 2020

ACE

50 minutes ago, wgstl said:

My mizzou friend sent me a screenshot of a powermizzou (paywall) post about Okoro.  The guy who posted it has a ton of ties to STL, he used to work with sports for ksdk I believe. Anywho, his post to the mizzou board said, " He wont be playing in columbia, but he'll be playing in missouri"

Ha PowerMizzou. Gabe DeArmond might be the biggest d bag in all of Missouri.

Can your friend send the responses to the post? I think we could all start our weekend off with some laughs. Wait today is Friday, right? I guess if I don't know the answer then every day is the weekend...

TJHawk and ACE like this

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, wgstl said:

My mizzou friend sent me a screenshot of a powermizzou (paywall) post about Okoro.  The guy who posted it has a ton of ties to STL, he used to work with sports for ksdk I believe. Anywho, his post to the mizzou board said, " He wont be playing in columbia, but he'll be playing in missouri"

-that had to cause some heads to explode, cool

15 minutes ago, NH said:

I don't think this is correct. Bishop has received one redshirt year, which I'm assuming was the year he sat out. He then had to burn a year after transferring. I'm not sure whether he has officially been granted another year of eligibility yet, but would presume he will. At best, Bishop will play 3 full seasons of college basketball.

Here is what Bishop's career has looked like:

2015-16 - played 27 as a freshman at SLU

2016-17 played 9 games as a sophomore at SLU (missed games due to injury)

2017-18 sat at SLU because of Situation 2.0 (presumably NCAA counts this has his junior year / 3rd year of eligibility burned)

2018-19 sat at Norfolk St. as a transfer (this is likely his "redshirt year")

2019-20 played 31 games at Norfolk St. as a "senior"

So he's exhausted his 5 years, but only actually played 2 full seasons and less than 1/3 of another season.  Presumably he's applying for a 6th year of eligibility based on either his injury shortened sophomore year or the year he had to sit due to Situation 2.0.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Here is what Bishop's career has looked like:

2015-16 - played 27 as a freshman at SLU

2016-17 played 9 games as a sophomore at SLU (missed games due to injury)

2017-18 sat at SLU because of Situation 2.0 (presumably NCAA counts this has his junior year / 3rd year of eligibility burned)

2018-19 sat at Norfolk St. as a transfer (this is likely his "redshirt year")

2019-20 played 31 games at Norfolk St. as a "senior"

So he's exhausted his 5 years, but only actually played 2 full seasons and less than 1/3 of another season.  Presumably he's applying for a 6th year of eligibility based on either his injury shortened sophomore year or the year he had to sit due to Situation 2.0.

He received a medical hardship waiver for 2016-17.

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

I think the guy used to work at KSDK with Frank. Based on his posts in the past he is definitely well connected to the local sports scene regardless, but I always thought it was thru being tied to Frank. He posted “He’s not coming to Columbia, but won’t be shocked if he calls Missouri home.”

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Wait, that’s not me? I guess I have some work to do, off to buy more clothes from the Normal Brand.

Some Affliction T-Shirts would help...DeArmond sets a pretty high bar.

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Here we go! From Scott Burgess:

Oregon transfer & former Normal West C Francis Okoro @chibestfrank88 tells PHI he will announce his decision at 6 PM tonight!

Is that 6 Central?

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Here we go! From Scott Burgess:

Oregon transfer & former Normal West C Francis Okoro @chibestfrank88 tells PHI he will announce his decision at 6 PM tonight!

I would take that as bad news.  By this I mean that I would assume that Ford would clear a spot first.  I think he would ask Okoro to wait on making an announcement until he gets things in order here.

That's a very fast turnaround. I was talking with @TheChosenOne last night about who might have an inside track. He mentioned Illinois State as the hometown team. Illinois and Purdue were his other two finalists out of HS. If he's choosing this quickly (he entered the portal a week ago), I am guessing it's somewhere that's already well known to him. Without any spots on paper for SLU currently, I have a hard time believing it's us.

Just now, cgeldmacher said:

I would take that as bad news.  By this I mean that I would assume that Ford would clear a spot first.  I think he would ask Okoro to wait on making an announcement until he gets things in order here.

There's no rule against being oversubscribed, and I could imagine a player has told the staff they plan on leaving but hasn't made it official yet. Especially if the outgoing player is relying on the school for resources at this point... that said, this definitely doesn't feel like good news for us.

SLU_Nick likes this