Transfers and grad transfers - 2020

ACE

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Dan Dackich show Seth Greenberg made what I think is a interesting observation on grad transfers.

He said that zero grad transfers have ever played in the NBA and only one was drafted and it was in the second round.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Hargrove getting a workout in today On insta with jimmy bell anddddddddd

Levi Stockard 

I know others aren't quite sold, but if Stockard wants and is able to come to SLU as a grad transfer then i think it's the perfect addition.  Fills a need, likely won't demand or expect 20+ minutes, allows JBJ to continue to grow as a player, St. Louis native from a H.S. that we'd like to make inroads with, friends on the team.  I absolutely love this possibility. 

3 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I know others aren't quite sold, but if Stockard wants and is able to come to SLU as a grad transfer then i think it's the perfect addition.  Fills a need, likely won't demand or expect 20+ minutes, allows JBJ to continue to grow as a player, St. Louis native from a H.S. that we'd like to make inroads with, friends on the team.  I absolutely love this possibility. 

I believe someone noted that he actually may be a traditional transfer, sit one and play either 1 or 2

Just now, wgstl said:

I believe someone noted that he actually may be a traditional transfer, sit one and play either 1 or 2

Damnit, man, don't rain on my parade. I'd have to think through it a little more if he wants to come as a traditional transfer.  Probably still worth it for the reasons mentioned above. 

Stockard:

2016-17 - High school senior

2017-18 - College freshman (played in 36 games)

2018-19 - College sophomore (played in 32 games)

2019-20 - College junior (played in 32 games)

Looks like if he transfers, he'll be sitting out a year.

19 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Stockard:

2016-17 - High school senior

2017-18 - College freshman (played in 36 games)

2018-19 - College sophomore (played in 32 games)

2019-20 - College junior (played in 32 games)

Looks like if he transfers, he'll be sitting out a year.

Unless he had enough credits to graduate this spring, right?

this stuff can get confusing 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Unless he had enough credits to graduate this spring, right?

this stuff can get confusing 

I'm totally confused. I thought the whole thing that was about to happen till cv19 was that you could transfer no sitting out. some around here act like there is either or. I know they never made final call but it they had I thought it was in with new out with old not either or

55 minutes ago, almaman said:

I'm totally confused. I thought the whole thing that was about to happen till cv19 was that you could transfer no sitting out. some around here act like there is either or. I know they never made final call but it they had I thought it was in with new out with old not either or

I guess you have been too busy with the Covid thread. It has been reported on this board that the NCAA will vote on the transfer rule in June. If it passes it would likely go into effect 2021-22. Chapley also covered this. 

On 4/8/2020 at 6:31 PM, kmbilliken said:

Seems like any player transferring closer to home should be able to get exemption to play immediately because of COVID-19. “ I needed to be close to home to help my parents if there is another shelter at home order”. 

good point.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:44 PM, moytoy12 said:

😣 this was my pick...the more time passes tho I don't think it will happen.  Hope I am wrong.  He would be a great fit with this group.

35 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

😣 this was my pick...the more time passes tho I don't think it will happen.  Hope I am wrong.  He would be a great fit with this group.

Do we even know if Stockard even is considering leaving K State?

What's unusual this year is that every college student (including basketball players) are back in their homes/home towns -- and have been there for this past month. Usually, they would not head home from school until after school is over and long after most transfers have transferred.  Now, these kids (Stockard) are back home, yes going to school on-line, but are away from their (K State) friends, teammates and coaches -- and likely are more subject than normal - to pressures to leave their existing schools and transfer. Not surprised Stockard is hanging out with 2 SLU players.   Our out of town players are likely doing the same.