Transfers and grad transfers - 2020

ACE

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, billikentim said:

Weren’t we looking at him at one point? I don’t think we’d have interest now but worth notating. 

Yes, we recruited him in HS for a while. He was a pretty strong PG prospect at the time. Then he was the victim of bad advice from a HS coach. Transferred heading into his senior year and it was ruled ineligible by Kentucky's HS sports association. Went the JUCO route and then ended up at K-State.

Sloan is a sit-one, play-one transfer. I'm not sure there's a fit for him at SLU; he's not going to want to be Yuri's backup for his last season. Glad you brought him up, though, as I've been keeping an eye on transfers we recruited in the past.

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yes, we recruited him in HS for a while. He was a pretty strong PG prospect at the time. Then he was the victim of bad advice from a HS coach. Transferred heading into his senior year and it was ruled ineligible by Kentucky's HS sports association. Went the JUCO route and then ended up at K-State.

Sloan is a sit-one, play-one transfer. I'm not sure there's a fit for him at SLU; he's not going to want to be Yuri's backup for his last season. Glad you brought him up, though, as I've been keeping an eye on transfers we recruited in the past.

When SLU played Kansas State and other games I watched I thought Sloan turned the ball over to much and I did not like his shot selection.

I am all in on Russell, he will fit in with the team because he knows some of the players plus he can backup Yuri.  I watched the Rhode Island game over the weekend and when Yuri was out the offense did not flow with Jacobs running the point.

Pistol likes this

21 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

if this haarms guy agreed to being the third big behind french and bell i am very much for going after this guy!!   betting bell could learn a lot from just playing against him in practice.  

but i dont want to retard bell's development by benching him. 

I'm sorry, but we need to be all in for next year.  Next season has the potential to be one of the best in the program's history.  We cannot sacrifice that so that Bell can develop a bit more.

I like Jimmy Bell and his potential.  I also think that he will develop just fine even if we bring in a grad transfer that can contribute a lot.

kappy96 likes this

I am pulling for Russell as our final schollie for the simple fact that I enjoy routing for the local kids. It has been really fun to watch Goodwin, Perkins, Yuri, Thatch, et al develop on the court. The other players are very fun as well, but the local guys are a two-fer, Slu and city.

HenryB, almaman and CBFan like this

36 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I am pulling for Russell as our final schollie for the simple fact that I enjoy routing for the local kids. It has been really fun to watch Goodwin, Perkins, Yuri, Thatch, et al develop on the court. The other players are very fun as well, but the local guys are a two-fer, Slu and city.

And Hargrove.

I think coach 314 could be hinting possibly Russell.

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I believe a big is coming 1st...if there is more roster movement Russell would definitely fit if he agrees to the role that would be carved out for him.  

Can you give us a hint on this possible big? Doesn't need to be an obvious hint. Perhaps something like first initial and last name?

15 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Can you give us a hint on this possible big? Doesn't need to be an obvious hint. Perhaps something like first initial and last name?

Good one 😂😂

Chapley pretty much confirms what I heard.  I heard a name that they prefer at this moment.  They might have to go to another name on the list if this drags out.  They want the full squad in place for summer workouts.  🙏

Screenshot_20200407-173658_Chrome.jpg

TheChosenOne likes this

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Good one 😂😂

Chapley pretty much confirms what I heard.  I heard a name that they prefer at this moment.  They might have to go to another name on the list if this drags out.  They want the full squad in place for summer workouts.  🙏

Screenshot_20200407-173658_Chrome.jpg

@Coach314, are you hearing that the transfer big is close to verbally committing? You mentioned the other day that there might be news soon.

4 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I believe a big is coming 1st...if there is more roster movement Russell would definitely fit if he agrees to the role that would be carved out for him.  

Thank you Coach.

12 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Come on now...it’s all dominos right now. If the guy we want doesn’t t get the offer he wants, then he could fall to us. If not, he chooses someone else. All undecided right now. I would not expect anything for a few weeks.

That's kind of the way recruiting works.