Transfers and grad transfers - 2020

ACE

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Help me out - why are people talking about Stockard? Just a rumor?

K-State has 4 outgoing transfers and 3 graduating players. There's a big coming in from UTEP but he has to sit a year. I don't think the incoming bigs - Lewis and Bradford - are already better than Stockard. Seems like it would be foolish of Stockard to transfer at this point. He finally has a chance to get some big minutes there. He'd also be sitting a year to play one. Doesn't seem worth it.

Because Stockard is from Vashon and some are pushing that we land as many as possible.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I'll take a player  equivalent to any of French, Goodwin, Perkins, Yuri, Jimerson, or Bell 

Sure.  We all would.  At the same time, not as far fetched as one might think in that Ford has landed some good transfers (who must sit out a year) by getting us Bess and Foreman guys who we think would have been good - Graves, Santos and Henriquez.   Back then, Ford had playing time to offer.   This time, Ford has playing time to offer with the graduation of French, Goodwin and Perkins.  If not, then a Grad Transfer big.  If not, and if Diarra can earn minutes, then pocket the schollie.  If not, and if Diarra cannot earn minutes according to Ford, then get what we can find.

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

Because Stockard is from Vashon and some are pushing that we land as many as possible.

I think moreso it is because our local Vashon insider speculated earlier in the year that this might be a possibility. 

Agreed with those who think it is looking increasingly unlikely, which is probably fine for all parties. Best of luck to Mr. Stockard in his senior year at KSU.

Rhode Island picked up three transfers today: the Mitchell twins from Maryland and Malik Martin from Charlotte. Good work by Cox in quickly restocking the cabinet. Things looked very bleak for a minute there and while there is no guarantee Rhody will be competitive, these transfers at least give them a chance.

9 minutes ago, NH said:

Rhode Island picked up three transfers today: the Mitchell twins from Maryland and Malik Martin from Charlotte. Good work by Cox in quickly restocking the cabinet. Things looked very bleak for a minute there and while there is no guarantee Rhody will be competitive, these transfers at least give them a chance.

They all have to sit out, right? He still has like no one for next year

8 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The Mitchell twins both left the Maryland basketball program in December so at worst they will be eligible for the A10 conference season.

DONTE HOUSTON, COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!!! (up)

Old guy likes this

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

They all have to sit out, right? He still has like no one for next year

Depends on whether the NCAA approves immediate eligibility for transfers. I think that decision is expected to be sometime between April and June. If not, Mitchell twins sit out first semester and Martin sits out all year (barring the grant of any waiver).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Heck, he prepped at Victory Rock Prep in Bradenton Florida where Markhi Strickland currently is...the connections keep adding up.</p>&mdash; Carter Chapley (@ChapleyMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChapleyMedia/status/1244763323259813888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most importantly, he is immediately eligible.</p>&mdash; Carter Chapley (@ChapleyMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChapleyMedia/status/1244763904623992845?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hard to tell how good he is. Played sparingly in the no conference and put up some bad numbers. Got a lot more minutes in conference and had some spectacular lines. He had 24 boards in a game just like French.

He's a stiff offensively at the A10 level but I bet his defense could translate to high major. 

33 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Hard to tell how good he is. Played sparingly in the no conference and put up some bad numbers. Got a lot more minutes in conference and had some spectacular lines. He had 24 boards in a game just like French.

He's a stiff offensively at the A10 level but I bet his defense could translate to high major. 

Even his good games in conference were against the bottom half of the league. I'm indifferent based on current production but at worst he's a serviceable backup.  Maybe after a year in the weight room he could blossom into something more.

^Interesting. The timing would certainly line up well with his two years coming after French graduates if he sits. But would Third Team All-MEAC (albeit as a sophomore) cut it for SLU? 

Also, sounding very shortsighted here, but safe to say Javon Bess is the all time best Bills transfer? And Termaine Isabell is the all time best Bills grad transfer? 

BuiltFordBills likes this

3 minutes ago, Compton said:

^Interesting. The timing would certainly line up well with his two years coming after French graduates if he sits. But would Third Team All-MEAC (albeit as a sophomore) cut it for SLU? 

Also, sounding very shortsighted here, but safe to say Javon Bess is the all time best Bills transfer? And Termaine Isabell is the all time best Bills grad transfer? 

H Waldmen must be in this conversation.

Compton and SLU_Lax like this

24 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

For those who have been following it, when will a decision be made about allowing immediate eligibility for all transfers?

Was supposed to be June but NCAA has recently discussed potentially moving it up to April.

11 hours ago, meerkat said:

I'll take any guy that's 7-1 and has played major minutes. Even if said minutes are in a lesser conference. Could be a quality backup big and play crucial minutes.

I would certainly have interest. He provides two things that Bell does not - rebounding and shot-blocking. I think a big who can do this two things to prepare for the departure of HF is our biggest need.

9 hours ago, nimble said:

I think the only issue with BMB would be that he would end up being the same class and JB and MD. Do we want 3 centers in the same class?

That is a good point. I think I’d rather have a grad transfer big over a guy who has to sit out and would be in same class as JBJ And MD

9 hours ago, nimble said:

I think the only issue with BMB would be that he would end up being the same class and JB and MD. Do we want 3 centers in the same class?

It could speak to what Ford think's of MD's future.

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Im starting to get on the Gok train.  Its risky, hes injury prone, but if he can stay healthy and log 6-10 min a game im happy. 

I haven't seen anything beyond Carter's tweet, but this makes a lot of sense from my perspective. He has a history with Ford, and he's just a 1 year guy.