Transfers and grad transfers - 2020

ACE

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I have no inside info, mostly just bored at home, but it really would be super surprising if not a single player transferred this year. Just being extremely On Line for the past several weeks, it really does seem like EVERY team has turnover. 

Right, it would be really surprising if we don't experience some turnover. And timing wise, you would expect that to happen fairly soon.

2 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Just saw Bishop is testing out the NBA waters. Knew he was having a decent season (15.6pts/3.5reb/2.2ast per game) but didn’t think it was worthy of NBA consideration, unless he just wants some feedback on his game.

He still has eligibility left? He has to be 24 years old now.

7 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Aaron Cook is transferring from SIU-C and is a grad transfer. 6'2 guard from Westminster Christian Academy. For those who see a need to replace Weaver, this could possibly be that from a position stand point, but some different skill sets.

He only played 6 games this year, but an interesting name. Is he a 3point threat? 

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

He only played 6 games this year, but an interesting name. Is he a 3point threat? 

No not really.  His best 3pt season was his sophomore year, shot 38%.  Then 34% with last year being 27%.  Maybe the 27% was due to injury?  

6 minutes ago, Compton said:

About the same 3 point threat as Tay Weaver was. Cook would be a great addition. 

Averaged 10 a game as a junior, and was scoring at 15 a game through 6 before the injury this past season. Has successful experience in the MVC. Don't know what he is looking for but our backcourt is crowded for a one and done.

1 minute ago, mdscott24 said:

Averaged 10 a game as a junior, and was scoring at 15 a game through 6 before the injury this past season. Has successful experience in the MVC. Don't know what he is looking for but our backcourt is crowded for a one and done.

Cook would be a nice stopgap if one of our guards departs, but with the Hankton scholarship, I would rather go for a big or impact sit-one transfer. Also, I think I would rather take a shot with Russell over Cook - he's got the connection with Yuri, plus could help lead to Kern (although I'm not sure if that would be a factor in his decision).

willie likes this