Transfers and grad transfers - 2020

ACE

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Martin was a  two-year starter playing 34 min a game as sophomore for a 21 win team.  Seemed like he was poised for a breakout year.  Head scratcher.

probably thinks he can start and play at duke.   

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, HoosierPal said:

So today's countdown of OldFarts, with HS grad year:

@gister 60

@papal 62

@Major Majerus, @Old guy, and @drkelsey55 63

@Billikenbooster and @slu72 65

@willie 66

I'm not worthy of this honor roll with 1969.

OK put me in next to @willie in the great class of 66.

HoosierPal likes this

Griffin had a SLU offer in HS. We were actually involved relatively early and his stock rose considerably heading into senior year. We also offered his younger brother, a 5-star Duke commit, early on. Their dad is Adrian Griffin, NBA veteran and currently the top assistant for the Raptors.

This isn't to say I have any insight as to whether we'll end up on his shortlist - just that there's a history.

56 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Griffin had a SLU offer in HS. We were actually involved relatively early and his stock rose considerably heading into senior year. We also offered his younger brother, a 5-star Duke commit, early on. Their dad is Adrian Griffin, NBA veteran and currently the top assistant for the Raptors.

This isn't to say I have any insight as to whether we'll end up on his shortlist - just that there's a history.

Also one of our graduate assistants, Chris Lowe, was a coach at Archbishop Stepinac when Griffin was there in HS.  Not saying it will make a difference, just pointing it out

Pistol likes this

I've always thought Martin was kind of a thug ...... in your face when things were going his way, moping and uninvolved when not.  He had a putback dunk and was fouled by Perkins in our game and stood there posterizing in Javonte's face.  He also threw the ball at Collins after a made layup same game.  In their rematch against Dayton, he threw a forearm shiver into Obi Toppin after a Toppin dunk and Obi almost went after him.  Kid originally from the Allentown, PA area.

Something is way wrong in Kingston.  Dana Tate announced his transfer like in December/January.  Mekhi Long just after the season ended.  Dowtin and Langevine are goners and I have heard Fatts won't be back either.  I've long speculated that Jermaine Harris is about the worst four-star recruit I have ever witnessed and thought his time in Kingston would be short as well.  That leaves Cox with a two-man roster right now in small forwards Antwan Walker and Jacob Toppin.   

Rhode Island appears meat for next year.

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I've always thought Martin was kind of a thug ...... in your face when things were going his way, moping and uninvolved when not.  He had a putback dunk and was fouled by Perkins in our game and stood there posterizing in Javonte's face.  He also threw the ball at Collins after a made layup same game.  In their rematch against Dayton, he threw a forearm shiver into Obi Toppin after a Toppin dunk and Obi almost went after him.  Kid originally from the Allentown, PA area.

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed this. He was definitely pretty vocal when we played them in Kingston. Collins even looked to the ref in confusion after Martin threw the ball at him. That said, I really don't mind having players like that in conference. Makes the game more fun. I'm sure people have felt the same way about SLU players over the years.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Something is way wrong in Kingston.  Dana Tate announced his transfer like in December/January.  Mekhi Long just after the season ended.  Dowtin and Langevine are goners and I have heard Fatts won't be back either.  I've long speculated that Jermaine Harris is about the worst four-star recruit I have ever witnessed and thought his time in Kingston would be short as well.  That leaves Cox with a two-man roster right now in small forwards Antwan Walker and Jacob Toppin.   

Rhode Island appears meat for next year.

It looks that all was not well internally in the RI team, really bad chemistry going on?

52 minutes ago, slu72 said:

A lot of teams getting ripped apart by transfers. Most notably in A10 UMass and URI. Outside Wichita St are jumping ship like the Titanic. 

Half of the Shockers scholarship players have now entered the transfer portal

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Woahhhhh umass’ Sean  East has entered transfer portal. That’s a head scratcher

Searched on twitter and apparently they have two PGs coming in? One being the Fernandes kid from Wich St. Umass twitter just saying East was the “odd man out” so I don’t know if he got pushed out or saw the writing on the wall.
thats what they’re saying at least

15 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Searched on twitter and apparently they have two PGs coming in? One being the Fernandes kid from Wich St. Umass twitter just saying East was the “odd man out” so I don’t know if he got pushed out or saw the writing on the wall.
thats what they’re saying at least

Ya saw someone point things about that too. Im just not sure I see any of them being better than East

Just now, Pistol said:

Oton Jankovic is leaving Vanderbilt. We recruited him, he's close with Jimerson, and he would be a nice fit on paper. He didn't really do anything at Vandy this season, though, and he'd have to sit a year.

This is a pass for me. He did nothing on a very depleted Vanderbilt team. 

40 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ya saw someone point things about that too. Im just not sure I see any of them being better than East

East wasn't one of the Woodstock Academy crew, so maybe there is something there. Don't know, but when you have an Assist Coach plus, now, 5 players from Woodstock, who knows....

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm curious, what decisions does Ford have to make?

i'm assuming he means ford has to run off players to be able to get more than the 2 players that he has commits from already.   

hopefully that wont happen.   if a player chooses to transfer, that is their choice, a coach shouldnt run off anyone unless the player concerned is a bad teammate, a bad student or a bad citizen.   

CBFan likes this

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i'm assuming he means ford has to run off players to be able to get more than the 2 players that he has commits from already.   

hopefully that wont happen.   if a player chooses to transfer, that is their choice, a coach shouldnt run off anyone unless the player concerned is a bad teammate, a bad student or a bad citizen.   

At what degree does it turn into "running off"?  I think telling a player that it may be in their best interest to think about transferring if they want minutes, is just fine.