ACE

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/20/2020 at 1:07 PM, Littlebill said:

marcus smart

Speaking of Smart, he tested positive for Covid-19. Says he feels totally normal and could play a game right now. I'm only reporting it since his name came up, not offering any commentary about it.

16 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I would take Tray Jackson in about .001 seconds. 

Alex O'Connell from Duke also transferring. 

All of my mizzou friends are 10/10 heated at Martin for treating Jackson the way he did. 

On 3/21/2020 at 3:05 PM, wgstl said:

All of my mizzou friends are 10/10 heated at Martin for treating Jackson the way he did. 

On 3/21/2020 at 3:15 PM, RiseAndGrind said:

It was definitely a bold move to have your top 50 recruit and top 150 local recruit ride the bench while your team sucked 

cuonzo needs to pull in some transfers or next season might swirl down the drain

On 3/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, TheChosenOne said:

Playing the comp game is kind of fun, who has some NBA comps for Goodwin?

I truly don't think there is a comp for JG. Honestly such a unicorn when it comes to 6'3 players. I think the Marcus Smart comp is worn out but probably the best just by body type and demeanor. 

i think if you look at the way he plays (in no way am i saying he is anywhere as good) goodwin is oscar robertson lite lite.  he does it all.  

16 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Good riddance. He killed us this year as I recall. Too bad for Duquesne, though. I hate to see good A10'ers leave especially for the Beast. 

He was with lasalle 

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Roy, I'm probably older than most of the posters here, but I'm not old enough to have watched Robertson!

the original triple double machine and get to the basket guy.  

thanks for reminding me i am old.

14 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

some would say the big O was the GOAT

i would agree.   he basically won the ncaa tourney by himself beating that great ohio state team with jerry lucas and john havlechek two years in a row.  only jordan and lebron probably should be discussed in the same conversation.  

one of my favorite memories of Oscar was when he totally changed his game at the end of his career to be the pure point guard for the milwaukee bucks and defer to Kareem (lew alcindor then) and win the nba world championship.  

back to my original comparison, again, i only liken goodwin's style of play with oscar.   oscar was a far superior player at the same point in his career.  

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i think if you look at the way he plays (in no way am i saying he is anywhere as good) goodwin is oscar robertson lite lite.  he does it all.  

good comparison.......probably should receive more consideration as the best ever........

Guard Oscar Robertson played 14 seasons for the Royals and Bucks. Robertson's career averages were 25.7 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 9.5 assists in 1,040 regular season games.