GDT: @ George Mason

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We’re a 1 bid league (possibly) for the NCAA, true. But we have several teams right on the NCAA/NIT line including yours 

Yeah, and the Big 10 deserves 10 teams in.  That is total BS.  Many of those Big 10 teams are .500 or less in their own league.  If you aren't winning more games than you lose in your league, you shouldn't get a bid.  My opinion. 

And most of these teams never play a high mid-major anywhere but on their own floor or maybe at a neutral site.  If the NCAA wanted to level the field they would require Power 5 teams to play a certain number of out of conference games on the road.  

The A10 deserves 2 minimum in the NCAA field.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific defensive performance in the second half. Early on, Perkins scored to put us up 33-32. After that, Mason's next 10 possessions went like this: turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, missed shot, made 1FT,  turnover, missed shot. That's 7 turnovers and 1 pt. in 10 possessions. As far as that goes, the next 3 possessions saw a made basket and 2 more turnovers. By the end of that we're up 45-35 and it's basically ballgame.

SLU_Lax and Zink like this

9 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Terrific defensive performance in the second half. Early on, Perkins scored to put us up 33-32. After that, Mason's next 10 possessions went like this: turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, missed shot, made 1FT,  turnover, missed shot. That's 7 turnovers and 1 pt. in 10 possessions. As far as that goes, the next 3 possessions saw a made basket and 2 more turnovers. By the end of that we're up 45-35 and it's basically ballgame.

Thanks for bringing back the conversation back to the game and our 11th win in the conference season.

The better conference record milestone has been reached with a game remaining, good job tonight being short handed.

4 straight conference game wins going down the stretch, great job coaches and players.

Bell the last two games has finished the game for French and this is really important.  Bell is hitting ,638 percent from the line and improving, it takes away the hack a French plan from teams at the end of the game, remember Pitt last season?

Perkins offensive efficiency continues to improve, remember the high shot totals but the low shooting percentage?  As of last night FG% .443, 3PT% .345 Avg 15.0 with 450 points he should hit 1000 next season.

The game was more uncomfortable than it should have been but that is the MO of our team and SLU was due for an uncomfortable game.

Our last game means something, it has been a while since the last game of the conference season meant something.

The wife and I are so excited about Saturday and saddened that this is the last game of the season.  The wife and I really love the team and the college basketball game even with the bad officiating.  I hope many will stick around after the game and give our team praise as they leave the court for the final game of the season.  The players acknowledge fans cheering for them as they leave the court through the tunnel.  The tunnel is at section 101, I hope a big crowd shows up and cheers these young men. 

David King and Old guy like this

8 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Yeah, and the Big 10 deserves 10 teams in.  That is total BS.  Many of those Big 10 teams are .500 or less in their own league.  If you aren't winning more games than you lose in your league, you shouldn't get a bid.  My opinion. 

And most of these teams never play a high mid-major anywhere but on their own floor or maybe at a neutral site.  If the NCAA wanted to level the field they would require Power 5 teams to play a certain number of out of conference games on the road.  

The A10 deserves 2 minimum in the NCAA field.

i've maintained for a long time, that you shouldn't be eligible for an at large bid if you don't have at least a 500 record in conference play...historically, the A-10 has been a 3 bid league and has had as many as 6 teams ( i think 2014) make the tournament..

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

Thanks for bringing back the conversation back to the game and our 11th win in the conference season.

The better conference record milestone has been reached with a game remaining, good job tonight being short handed.

4 straight conference game wins going down the stretch, great job coaches and players.

Bell the last two games has finished the game for French and this is really important.  Bell is hitting ,638 percent from the line and improving, it takes away the hack a French plan from teams at the end of the game, remember Pitt last season?

Jenkins offensive efficiency continues to improve, remember the high shot totals but the low shooting percentage?  As of last night FG% .443, 3PT% .345 Avg 15.0 with 450 points he should hit 1000 next season.

The game was more uncomfortable than it should have been but that is the MO of our team and SLU was due for an uncomfortable game.

Our last game means something, it has been a while since the last game of the conference season meant something.

The wife and I are so excited about Saturday and saddened that this is the last game of the season.  The wife and I really love the team and the college basketball game even with the bad officiating.  I hope many will stick around after the game and give our team praise as they leave the court for the final game of the season.  The players acknowledge fans cheering for them as they leave the court through the tunnel.  The tunnel is at section 101, I hope a big crowd shows up and cheers these young men. 

I think you mean Perkins offensive efficiency continues to improve.

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

How about TJ just letting it fly from the corner. That was awesome. Still thinking about that this morning 

Hargrove's upside is really exciting. I think he will make a nice leap in production next year. I love having his freak athleticism out on the court and as he continues to fine tune elements of his game, he is going to be handful. If he can knock down some outside shots it will just be a bonus. I wouldn't be shocked if he is a starter next season.

RiseAndGrind and Old guy like this

ford getting hargrove to realize defense means staying between the basket and his man and not running along side his man was just huge.  

30 minutes ago, ACE said:

Hargrove's upside is really exciting. I think he will make a nice leap in production next year. I love having his freak athleticism out on the court and as he continues to fine tune elements of his game, he is going to be handful. If he can knock down some outside shots it will just be a bonus. I wouldn't be shocked if he is a starter next season.

Agreed. He’s shown some of the most in-season improvement I can remember. I’ll be curious to see where his improvement comes, whether it’s outside shooting and ball handling, or gaining strength and working on his finishing. It’s very hard to predict what Hargroves game will look like as a senior (in an exciting way)

31 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

ford getting hargrove to realize defense means staying between the basket and his man and not running along side his man was just huge.  

7 minutes ago, NH said:

Agreed. He’s shown some of the most in-season improvement I can remember. I’ll be curious to see where his improvement comes, whether it’s outside shooting and ball handling, or gaining strength and working on his finishing. It’s very hard to predict what Hargroves game will look like as a senior (in an exciting way)

I marvel at Hargrove being asked to defend in the paint against guys 4" to 6" taller and 20 to 40 pounds heavier than him.  Physically that is a mismatch, but Terrance is holding his own. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I marvel at Hargrove being asked to defend in the paint against guys 4" to 6" taller and 20 to 40 pounds heavier than him.  Physically that is a mismatch, but Terrance is holding his own. 

Just doing the eyeball test, I'm not buying that Hargrove is only 6-4.

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Just doing the eyeball test, I'm not buying that Hargrove is only 6-4.

iirc he said on social media at the start of the season he was 6'5

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

Overall your post was great and I understand the sentiment that this team has achieved more during the conference season than any recently.  However, just last year we were also playing for 4th place / double bye in our final game vs St Bonaventure.  If Richmond beats Duquesne on Friday, the stakes of our game Saturday will be identical to last season with the only difference being it is a home game for us this time around instead of in Olean.

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

he holds his own because he is probably the best pure athlete on the team.   in high school that was enough to be all state and lead his team to a state title.   in college i think he has finally figured out it takes a little more than that.  

VeniceMenace likes this

3 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

How about TJ just letting it fly from the corner. That was awesome. Still thinking about that this morning 

Who thinks TJ would have found the bench had it not gone in? It's gotten a hell of a lot better but he still has a shorter leach than some. 

Ford has a tolerance for 2 3pt shots a game from most everyone...if they are good shots. Naturally, if you make one, or two, keep going until you are underwater, or you take bad 3s.

The rookies are getting their feet wet, and doing well. Bell made a good midrange set shot. Hargrove made his bullet 3. 
We defended well, played good step up help defense, and once again survived the touch fouls while we couldn’t buy a foul on GMs Christmas tree defense in the paint(having at least one or two defenders draped on our bigs.)

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

As we all saw, he did hold his own against Daly. Ford said he had doubts against making him defend Daly but the other coaches insisted he was ready, as he was. Ford is getting to better understand what Hargrove is capable of doing and will be asking more of him, hopefully, in the coming games.

Man, when TJ shoots in rhythm it looks pure.  The one last night and the 3 pointer from the game before looked as good as anyone's outside shot has all season.  Dude is going to be an absolute monster by his Jr. year.  I could actually see him in the league at some point assuming he keeps this trajectory going.  He's got all the attributes to be a dominating player. 

Also, how about that assist from Bell to TJ last night?  That was a thing of beauty. And the long 2 pointer? We're just scratching to surface of what Jimmy can do.  

BIG BILL FAN likes this