GDT: @ George Mason

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

That was another dominant defensive effort in the second half.  Of course, without a true point and very few athletes, Mason was cooked.  They made it close I'll give them that credit.  Fouls ended up 22 to 21 but Mason was adding up down the stretch.  For all the shite that does happen in games, the touch fouls and phantom head tosses are amazing.  Wilson would not have saved Mason tonight.  Greene looked negatively impacted coming off suspension.  I hope Jacobs has learned a valuable lesson.  French and Goodwin a combined 1-for-9 at the line.  Goodwin missed a double-double by two rebounds.  Collins only four assists.  Weaver hit his first shot which was his only shot made.  French, Goodwin and Collins all with four fouls which makes life scary.

Now .....go Spiders and we put away Bonaventure.  Moving over to watch Dayton and Rhode.  I got to say go Dayton.

We want Dayton Taj there is still a chance to catch RI.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

You’re kidding, right? NIT is not taking 4 A10 teams.

Idk what you’re getting at but yes we practically locked up an NIT. Heck, there’s just a very few games left and we’re seeded pretty high on almost every seeding prediction 

I know the results weren’t there tonight, but J-Good’s free throw stroke looks infinitely better. He had at least 2 that rattled in and out. Those improvements could be huge going forward. 

12 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

You’re kidding, right? NIT is not taking 4 A10 teams.

SLU's NET entering tonight's play was 56, which is easily in the NIT, and in fact should yield a first round NIT home game.  Richmond with NET of 42 would be in the NCAA, with #3 NET Dayton.

The NIT, the Sock Hop, is a fallback, however.  The goal remains the NCAA, the Big Dance.

1 hour ago, abas115 said:

I'd rather Ford suit up.

I imagine his suit is a ripaway covering his full uni, just waiting for the right moment

I picture Ford's plums hanging out of some 1.5" inseam shorts, him acknowledging it immediately, not adjusting and being like "hey, shut up, let's play some ball."  Then he just spins the ball a few times between hands, slaps it hard and aggro chest passes it at the first guy who makes eye contact.

Then he goes like 7-11 from 3 with 6 assists and 1 turnover that wasn't his fault, like a backdoor cutter who didn't cut hard enough.

I've got a backdoor cutter issue right now, too.  Fuokin dangler I can't wiggle away from on the sh!tter.

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I know the results weren’t there tonight, but J-Good’s free throw stroke looks infinitely better. He had at least 2 that rattled in and out. Those improvements could be huge going forward. 

How did you like French’s free throws? Happy to see Ford put him on the bench for the last 4. 

1 minute ago, jimbofive said:

I picture Ford's plums hanging out of some 1.5" inseam shorts, him acknowledging it immediately, not adjusting and being like "hey, shut up, let's play some ball."  Then he just spins the ball a few times between hands, slaps it hard and aggro chest passes it at the first guy who makes eye contact.

Then he goes like 7-11 from 3 with 6 assists and 1 turnover that wasn't his fault, like a backdoor cutter who didn't cut hard enough.

I've got a backdoor cutter issue right now, too.  Fuokin dangler I can't wiggle away from on the sh!tter.

The visuals in the post are fantastic!

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

I should probably refrain from commenting on their band that appears to be made up a poor souls from a genetics experiment gone horribly wrong.

Hahahaha fuok me, I told the nanny when it panned across them "oh fuok, those kids got poured out of a blender "

Littlebill and brianstl like this

1 minute ago, willie said:

How did you like French’s free throws? Happy to see Ford put him on the bench for the last 4. 

To answer your question: I didn’t. Lol. His stroke is so broken. No legs. Just shot putting it up there. But at least J-Good has been consistently better over the past few games. Hopefully he’s fixed it. That would help a lot. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I should probably refrain from commenting on their band that appears to be made up a poor souls from a genetics experiment gone horribly wrong.

The band should be judged differently from the cheerleaders. I liked the GM band. Several of them displayed a lot of enthusiasm, although not necessarily for the team.

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Jacobs is a hero for taking all the blame, but he is out for the night. Better than having French, and Hargrove also suspended                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm still enjoying this. Old guy, I know you're an MD and all, but come on...and it was Jimbo.

58 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Idk what you’re getting at but yes we practically locked up an NIT. Heck, there’s just a very few games left and we’re seeded pretty high on almost every seeding prediction 

They are saying this is a 1 bid league, don’t know how you can say this is locked up. Finishing 4th or 5th is not getting you into the NIT. Not sure why A10 is trending down, but to the eye, the A10 is much better this season.

How many bids the league gets is still up to the league. Anywhere from 1-4, although URI's glass slipper might need Fatts to go for 25 in the 2nd half.

I thought this was a great win. Team was short-handed; hoping it was just DJ showing up 10 minutes late for a shoot-around, and nothing more. JB.. what else can be said? Big minutes. Perk was enormous. Refs were garbage. Collins wasn't great but had moments, and J-Good really swung the game in the first four minutes of 2nd half. TJ not afraid. Refs were garbage. Ford did a nice job with the fouls, and got Bell enough of a breather so he could close out the game. 

This team is coming home to conclude the regular season. Their rotation includes six of eight guys who weren't getting minutes last year. Let's sell out Chaifetz. Have I said the refs were garbage?

CBFan likes this

6 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

What’s an NIT bracketology projection? Did you make that up?

Did a google search. Apparently it exists. And SLU is a 3 or 4 seed in nearly everyone of them.

One of them had 5 A10 teams in the NIT....