A 10 Tourney Seeding

2 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Hargrove was manhandled by Weathers in our first matchup with Duquesne. Ford failed to provide him with help throughout that game, although he did reduce Hargrove's minutes greatly in the second matchup. Of course, Weathers still ate us alive in the second matchup. Our inability to contain Weathers is the main reason Duquesne is our worst matchup in the A10.

Agreed, but Hargrove more than 2 months ago was lost on both ends of the floor compared to now. I think he would hold his own much better.

Plus Hargrove was one of the few players who contributed offensively the first game vs Duq.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Richmond-Duquesne is on ESPN+ tonight at 7 Eastern/6 Central. I'm hoping to have my kids down early enough to catch the second half. Let's go Spiders!

(VCU-Davidson is on ESPN2 at 9/8 Central - they probably thought it would be a much more important game when they scheduled it.)

38 minutes ago, wgstl said:

what determines the tie-breaker if the bonnies and Dukes both lose this weekend?  They split the regular season series, would it be overall wins?

Two-Team Tie
1. Head-to-head competition.  - tie since they split the season series

2. Conference record of the tied teams based on winning percentage versus the highest
common opponent and proceeding down to the lowest common opponent, if necessary, until
one team gains an advantage. -both lost to #1 Dayton.  I'm fairly certain that's still a tie even though DUQ went 0-2 and Bona was just 0-1.  Next would be #2 Richmond.  Bona is 1-0 and DUQ would be 0-1.  Therefore Bona would win the tie-breaker.

16 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Two-Team Tie
1. Head-to-head competition.  - tie since they split the season series

2. Conference record of the tied teams based on winning percentage versus the highest
common opponent and proceeding down to the lowest common opponent, if necessary, until
one team gains an advantage. -both lost to #1 Dayton.  I'm fairly certain that's still a tie even though DUQ went 0-2 and Bona was just 0-1.  Next would be #2 Richmond.  Bona is 1-0 and DUQ would be 0-1.  Therefore Bona would win the tie-breaker.

So best case for us is to get the four seed and hope Bona gets the 5

I want the three but will settle for the four.

If Duquense loses and Rhode loses, and we win, Duqense and the Bonnies are 11 and 7.  Us and Rhode Island are then 12 and 6 and we get the three based on head-to-head.  Richmond has the two locked ---- even with a loss they are 13 and 5 and if Rhode wins, they too are 13 and 5 but Richmond has them in the head-to-head.

If Duquesne wins, and Rhode wins, and we win, we are tied with Duquesne for fourth and Duquesne gets the four being 2 and 0 against us.  In a three way tie of Duquesne, Rhode and us all at 12 and 6, Duquesne gets the three with an aggregate of 2 and 1 against us and Rhode.  That will then pit us against Rhode for the four and we got them head-to-head.

Even with a Duquesne win tonight, hope for a four remains alive pending the Rhodey game tomorrow.  PROVIDED WE BEAT THE BONNIES.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Richmond-Duquesne is on ESPN+ tonight at 7 Eastern/6 Central. I'm hoping to have my kids down early enough to catch the second half. Let's go Spiders!

(VCU-Davidson is on ESPN2 at 9/8 Central - they probably thought it would be a much more important game when they scheduled it.)

I've become a big fan of the 8pm start times for this reason. Rush them to bed right at 8 and bribe them with false hopes of Disneyworld if they shut up and close their eyes.

wgstl likes this

With last night's results, Davidson will play GW and VCU matches up against UMass on Thursday.  Tough road ahead for VCU, as winner gets Dayton.  A10's preseason pick for Top Team finishes at 8-10.

Richmond is looking at drawing Davidson in round 3 assuming they get past GW.

14 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Yes, and if we get the 4 seed and both Dayton and SLU beat our opponents in the first game, we will face Dayton for the second game.

Looks like when we get 4th, we likely play St. Bonnie in our first game.  Having Rhode Island tank today would be nice.  I'll take a 3rd seed even though that would give us Duquesne.  It looks like the top level teams that we will avoid in our first game are Davidson, VCU and/or UMass.  Face it, we have to continue our good play no matter where we end up in the bracket.