GDT: Ram jam in RI for the bye game 1 of 3

CBFan

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Slowly but surely this incoming class showing up big time. Just imagine if Gibby did not go down. Good things to come from them now for 4 more years!

If jimmerson doesnt get hurt perkins might not have gotten the minutes to emerge

AGB91 likes this

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

If jimmerson doesnt get hurt perkins might not have gotten the minutes to emerge

You never know how things play out, but I respectfully disagree. Perkins minutes were going to be here regardless. You probably see more balance throughout. I don’t necessarily think anyone gets buried.

Maybe Hargrove and Weaver see less time. But not Perkins. He had minutes and results prior the Gibson’s injury and plays a different role.

2 minutes ago, bgtholt88 said:

You never know how things play out, but I respectfully disagree. Perkins minutes were going to be here regardless. You probably see more balance throughout. I don’t necessarily think anyone gets buried.

Maybe Hargrove and Weaver see less time. But not Perkins. He had minutes and results prior the Gibson’s injury and plays a different role.

IMO, Weaver wouldn’t hardly be playing at all if GJ was healthy. The need for an outside shooter wouldn’t be there.

RUBillsFan likes this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Weaver graduates and no guards signed, Jacobs will play and probably start next season.

Thanks for calling out the 5 minutes per game comment.

I could see him starting.. not sure if he starts all season though. Could Perkins Hargrove or Jimmerson Bump him? 

35 minutes ago, bgtholt88 said:

Thanks for calling out the 5 minutes per game comment.

I could see him starting.. not sure if he starts all season though. Could Perkins Hargrove or Jimmerson Bump him? 

It was a silly post, Jacobs had 5 assists his last game and he will get better plus will really be needed if Fred Thatch does not come back.

VeniceMenace likes this

3 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Can we talk about the embarrassing performance by Mark Plansky? He did color commentary for the game and made a fool of himself. Begging for fouls for Fats on ridiculous attempts, was awful. He acted like he was banging Russell. Maybe Fats played selfishly shooting fade away 3s. 

New Englanders are gonna New England.

rgbilliken likes this

I missed real time but showed great self control and watched my DVR version. What a great effing win! Not going to knock any player, the coach, or anyone. This was a HUGE win. We looked awesome. Jimmy Bell is going to be a force in the A10. TJ played great. JGood and Has big time. Yurimania some great assists. Perkulator is Mr Smooov! Love this team! They can make the Dance! 

jimbofive likes this

Great win. We are in better control of our double-bye destiny.  Win out and see a Duquesne loss and we are there.  Win out, and have Rhode drop these last two --- to Dayton and at Umass ---- and Rhodey is 12 and 6 also.  That would bump us to third in the tiebreak with Rhodey.  If Richmond were to lose out and finish 12 and 6, we could bounce all they way to 2nd given we would be 2 and 0 against our tied partners Richmond and Rhodey.  Whatever --- the door to top four is wide open.

The first key game will be Tuesday, VCU MUST beat Duquesne at VCU.  We could also root for Davidson to win at Richmond but I don't think that happens seeing as Richmond destroyed Davidson at Davidson already.   With that expected win, Richmond should wrap up the two/three seed. 

The next big one is us at Mason on Wednesday.  We MUST win.  Javon Greene did not play for Mason at Duquesne.  This after starting and scoring 8 in 22 minutes against Dayton.  Anybody know if there are issues/injury?  I consider Greene their best player.  Would be nice to see him on the bench against us as well.

I'm beginning to think we are a team of destiny. I realize Mason there won't be easy,  but we suddenly look very good. St B's worry me, well, because they have been such pain in our ass. But to get a 2 game bye would be huge! 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I missed real time but showed great self control and watched my DVR version. What a great effing win! Not going to knock any player, the coach, or anyone. This was a HUGE win. We looked awesome. Jimmy Bell is going to be a force in the A10. TJ played great. JGood and Has big time. Yurimania some great assists. Perkulator is Mr Smooov! Love this team! They can make the Dance! 

Had to do that with the St. Joe's game on YouTube TV.  Start time snuck up on me.  Worth it to be surprised with the victory.

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

I’ve noticed that JGood is holding the ball at the line a little differently recently, more on his fingers rather than the palm of his hand. He has been better recently.

mhg

Good post out of reactions, noticed that, too.

French went out with 4 fouls at the 6 minute mark and did not have to return because of how well Jimmy Bell played what a game for the young big man.

It is so nice that French does not have to carry the whole big load on his own he has help.

1 hour ago, Franchise_08 said:

Can we talk about the embarrassing performance by Mark Plansky? He did color commentary for the game and made a fool of himself. Begging for fouls for Fats on ridiculous attempts, was awful. He acted like he was banging Russell. Maybe Fats played selfishly shooting fade away 3s. 

Was he the 🤡 that said Hargrove should have been tackled after the dunk?