GDT: Ram jam in RI for the bye game 1 of 3

CBFan

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

While I know the NCAA now uses the NET, and the new NET won't be released until tomorrow, FWIW, SLU's RPI (the old rating used) is 44.  That would be in the NCAA Tournament under the old system.

Under the “ old system “ MO State had a 21 RPI & they didn’t make it.  It’s an old boys club in many ways.

5 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

Under the “ old system “ MO State had a 21 RPI & they didn’t make it.  It’s an old boys club in many ways.

True, but SLU is from a big market and is not Mo. State, nor St. Bonaventure or St. Mary's for that matter, two small schools who both got shafted by the NCAA, twice in SMC's case. 

I've done a couple of comparisons of the NET vs. the RPI, and found that the NET is giving the Power Five two (2) more NCAA At Large Bids than under the RPI.  The RPI was bad enough in being Power 5 skewed, but the NET is even worse.  It is a self-perpetuating crutch for the Power 5.

8 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Goodwin had a very quiet 17 and 10. First team all a10?

I'll lead a hunger strike if he isn't all A-10. Here's the argument:

• He's on one of the better teams
  • He's a two-way player, not just a scorer
  • In A-10 games, He's 8th in the league in scoring and 3rd in rebounding. Gudmundsson is the only other A-10 player top 10 in both 
  • He's also 18th in FG%, 13th in assists, 3rd in minutes, and 3rd in steals

To me the obvious 1st teamers are Goodwin, Toppin, and Crutcher. Fatts probably 1st team. I would have Tre Mitchell on the 1st team, but cases could be made for Lofton or Gudmundsson. 

1 minute ago, Crewsorlose said:

• In A-10 games, He's 8th in the league in scoring and 3rd in rebounding. Gudmundsson is the only other A-10 player top 10 in both 

To me the obvious 1st teamers are Goodwin, Toppin, and Crutcher. Fatts probably 1st team. I would have Tre Mitchell on the 1st team, but cases could be made for Lofton or Gudmundsson. 

Daly could as well.

2 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Gundmundsson is a top 10 rebounder in conference play?

Just now, Fraz42 said:

Crutcher at the buzzer is worse.  That rims out and we’re a 8/9 seed 

True but that was a while ago and we should have never blown that lead ..went conservative and stopped playing to win . We played to win today and kept pushing the ball. 

3 minutes ago, billikenblue said:

That UMass loss blowing a 16 point lead still hurts. 

The hurt from blowing that 16 point lead may have fueled the controlled anger you saw against Rhode Island today.  Except for the late turnovers, these guys were locked in.  Rhode Island absolutely needed this win and SLU wouldn't let 'em have it.

Crewsorlose and Zink like this

This was a great game. Bummed to see Jacobs wilt under the pressure. 5 players in double figures. Bell was unreal. Has was also amazing. J-Good with two terrible live ball turnovers on consecutive plays, but he's so unfazed. Hargrove, prior to VCU, played 4 games and scored 3 points total in sparse minutes. Picks it up and scores in double figures in consecutive games for the 1st time all season. Now it's up to three straight games. He and Collins are team emotional leaders on the 2021-22 team. 

15 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

This was a great game. Bummed to see Jacobs wilt under the pressure. 5 players in double figures. Bell was unreal. Has was also amazing. J-Good with two terrible live ball turnovers on consecutive plays, but he's so unfazed. Hargrove, prior to VCU, played 4 games and scored 3 points total in sparse minutes. Picks it up and scores in double figures in consecutive games for the 1st time all season. Now it's up to three straight games. He and Collins are team emotional leaders on the 2021-22 team. 

How is “bummed to see Jacobs wilt under the pressure” your first takeaway from our biggest win of the year?

SLU_Nick and Box and Won like this