SLU basketball TV

courtside

1 minute ago, NextYearBill said:

Hulu my friends 

Hulu Live has been pretty solid. My only complaint is that it's almost impossible to rewind or fast forward live tv without it jumping all over the place. It also says "network error" a lot so if i'm watching a game on delay it jumps to live action when I fix it. Anyone have these issues on other streaming services?

YTTV has a glitch problem with some Roku devices. By this I mean when first starting/turning on, picture may be a white spinning circle that fades to black. Then you have to exit YTTV and re-enter and trying again. This glitch happens sometimes. It can also happen when changing channels. YTTV has been good about customer service so far. This only seems to happen between Roku and YTTV. Picture quality has been excellent.

First glance at Hulu Live is $5 more a month, does not have unlimited recording, missing about half a dozen channels that my family likes compared to YTTV. And there is more of a limit regarding how many devices can be used at same time. A decent fill in until a better option presents itself. I would guess television shows and movie selections would be far greater with Hulu but I have not checked yet. 

I had multiple Dish accounts many years. They are not likely to ever do a deal with Sinclair. If they do I am told 2021 is earliest. I cannot get DirecTV on one of my accounts. .....and Spectrum just isn't competitive in my opinion.

I will have to do a free trial with Hulu Live and check it out. YTTV had free 30 day trials.

Well that sucks.

Whats total BS about all this is that I lose a channel that I really want but my price won’t go down.

Cable services suck they have some of the worst customer service known to man and show very little concern for the customer. 
This attitude is why so many people are cutting the cord. 
It looks like YouTube TV didn’t get the memo about how poor customer relations hurts your business.

16 minutes ago, almaman said:

should all be ala carte

This 

14 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I just added youtube TV kept my spectrum while I was trying it out. I guess youtube tv is out. 

I’ve had it for awhile.

I really liked it but this is a deal breaker.

What is this Sinclair company going to do when nobody carries their channels anymore?

3 hours ago, ARon said:

Doesn’t ESPN+ stream any game that is also on FSMW?

Yes. I finally cut my cable (AT&T) because they increased the regional channels price again. You can link ESPN +/ Hulu + / Disney + and essentially bay under $70 a month. 

10 hours ago, courtside said:

Youtube TV announced today that they will no longer carry Sinclair channels beginning February 29th. These include all Fox Sports Regionals (Fox Sports Midwest) as well as Yes Network. Dish hasn't had Sinclair channels since last year. 

I no longer have Dish, but when I searched on line, it seems that Fox Sports Midwest is back on Dish.  Can anyone verify that?

I am on Uverse and it does carry most of the sports channels.

has your tv been freezing up much? here in WG I had them come out twice and they had all kinds of stories and I still have issues. find out a friend few blocks over also has had same issue. he went to a att office and they told him that verse is history within the year. They aren't signing up new customers and they are going to push a wired version of Directv.

54 minutes ago, gister said:

I no longer have Dish, but when I searched on line, it seems that Fox Sports Midwest is back on Dish.  Can anyone verify that?

57 minutes ago, gister said:

Fox Sports Regionals have not returned to Dish, no.

Latest discussion is that Dish has said that they were willing to sit down and talk again about it. No response yet from Sinclair. The idea being if they returned, they would likely be on a higher tier. But nothing has changed at this time.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:40 PM, courtside said:

A "Temporary Extension" has been reached between YTTV and Sinclair for FS Regionals. 

I wonder how much money they were hemorrhaging. They must not have realized how many people subscribe solely for MLB/NHL/college basketball. We have YouTube tv and were planning to cancel on March 1 once the changes went live. We’ll stick around til we see what happens I guess. 

10 hours ago, rgbilliken said:

I wonder how much money they were hemorrhaging. They must not have realized how many people subscribe solely for MLB/NHL/college basketball. We have YouTube tv and were planning to cancel on March 1 once the changes went live. We’ll stick around til we see what happens I guess. 

I don't know how long the temporary extension will be. It's obviously a much different situation. YTTV/Google spends a lot of money advertising for those sports.  I'm sure they knew, but it's also a way of testing the market. Could they go a day or two or week or two or more without it? What would people do? Some would be more likely to switch because it is easy to do and the patience for the topic has evaporated.

An apples to oranges timing comparison is when Stl lost the Rams, and tried to get MLS. Dave Peacock couldn't believe Stl couldn't get public funding for MLS. It was obvious that after Rams left, any new team needs to have mostly privately funded stadiums. They didn't have the money to do it.....until The Taylors came along years later.

Back to YTTV. Timing matters. Many have switched to YTTV because they grew tired of sports carriage disputes. There is no long term loyalty built up for YYTV.

YTTV has positioned themselves as one of best alternatives to Satellite/Cable subscribers. They still don't get some channels such as Pac 12 Network, NFL Network etc...

Google and YYTV are moving the opposite direction of Satellite/Cable. They will work it out and people will watch to see if there are any cost increases. 

It is also much easier to add/drop streaming services, and they of course know that.

I will keep YTTV and hope they keep adding missing channels. But if they drop the FS Regionals I will leave much quicker than I left Dish. First day.

rgbilliken likes this

1 hour ago, courtside said:

I don't know how long the temporary extension will be. It's obviously a much different situation. YTTV/Google spends a lot of money advertising for those sports.  I'm sure they knew, but it's also a way of testing the market. Could they go a day or two or week or two or more without it? What would people do? Some would be more likely to switch because it is easy to do and the patience for the topic has evaporated.

An apples to oranges timing comparison is when Stl lost the Rams, and tried to get MLS. Dave Peacock couldn't believe Stl couldn't get public funding for MLS. It was obvious that after Rams left, any new team needs to have mostly privately funded stadiums. They didn't have the money to do it.....until The Taylors came along years later.

Back to YTTV. Timing matters. Many have switched to YTTV because they grew tired of sports carriage disputes. There is no long term loyalty built up for YYTV.

YTTV has positioned themselves as one of best alternatives to Satellite/Cable subscribers. They still don't get some channels such as Pac 12 Network, NFL Network etc...

Google and YYTV are moving the opposite direction of Satellite/Cable. They will work it out and people will watch to see if there are any cost increases. 

It is also much easier to add/drop streaming services, and they of course know that.

I will keep YTTV and hope they keep adding missing channels. But if they drop the FS Regionals I will leave much quicker than I left Dish. First day.

Exactly. FSMW is ~75% of the reason I have any kind of live TV at all and I have zero loyalty to YTTV (or any other service). If they drop those channels I will go to Hulu or DirecTV streaming or whatever is the best deal that carries them in a heartbeat. You’re also correct that it’s SO much easier to cancel and switch streaming services than traditional cable. It took me two hours and three representatives/“let me speak to your manager”s to cancel my cable last year and that was because I was moving to a new city that didn’t even have that provider!!! The ease of canceling probably contributes to customer satisfaction but I’m sure they lost a lot of money on it over the past few days. 

On 3/1/2020 at 11:22 AM, rgbilliken said:

Exactly. FSMW is ~75% of the reason I have any kind of live TV at all and I have zero loyalty to YTTV (or any other service). If they drop those channels I will go to Hulu or DirecTV streaming or whatever is the best deal that carries them in a heartbeat. You’re also correct that it’s SO much easier to cancel and switch streaming services than traditional cable. It took me two hours and three representatives/“let me speak to your manager”s to cancel my cable last year and that was because I was moving to a new city that didn’t even have that provider!!! The ease of canceling probably contributes to customer satisfaction but I’m sure they lost a lot of money on it over the past few days. 

I just got AT&Ttv, not sure if I like it yet lol.