Welcome Andre Lorentsson!

moytoy12

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Yes, you can spell Jimmerson, er Jimerrson, or whatever.

For me, and I underline me, it is a matter of respect to use a player's name.  Nicknames are fine with me, if the player is okay with it. 

HP, I really can't imagine (and I emphasize "I") that a player feels disrespected by being referred to by his initials, e.g. JP for Perkins.  If so then a number of posters are being disrespectful !  Maybe you should aim your next arrows at the champion of the east side (BR) because I would think a player like Jimerson might, and I emphasize might, find the consistent, deliberate misspelling of his name to be more disrespectful (especially since it's the only name that poster continually misspells) than being referred to, along with all his teammates by their initials.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, bauman said:

HP, I really can't imagine (and I emphasize "I") that a player feels disrespected by being referred to by his initials, e.g. JP for Perkins.  If so then a number of posters are being disrespectful !  Maybe you should aim your next arrows at the champion of the east side (BR) because I would think a player like Jimerson might, and I emphasize might, find the consistent, deliberate misspelling of his name to be more disrespectful (especially since it's the only name that poster continually misspells) than being referred to, along with all his teammates by their initials.

I respect your opinion.  I don't agree with it.  We are from different times.  Carry on.

21 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Well, it only took about 50 years to find an heir apparent to Harry Rogers.  If we're lucky, it will only take 25 years to find another Perkulator.

I did not watch Harry Rogers - unfortunately he was beyond my time.  With that said, are we limited the test to the someone who looks and plays like Rogers?  Or just another guy who was tall, lanky, really good, smooth and talented?   If so, I recall a guy within the last 50 years with a first name of Larry.

21 hours ago, ACE said:

He's definitely more springy than Ellis, who had no hops, but I doubt he is as strong. Ellis did a good job of holding his own defending in the paint. He usually didn't get pushed around.

IMO, Cody Ellis was a big, a forward who could rebound, block out, set a screen, take a charge in the lane... though his guard/dribbling skills were not good as he was more an interior player who could step and shoot it.

AL appears to be more of a wing, a guard, a 3,  a perimeter player who can shoot....

wgstl likes this

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

IMO, Cody Ellis was a big, a forward who could rebound, block out, set a screen, take a charge in the lane... though his guard/dribbling skills were not good as he was more an interior player who could step and shoot it.

AL appears to be more of a wing, a guard, a 3,  a perimeter player who can shoot....

Ellis only averaged 3.5 rebs for his career. Really the only things he did as a big were the pick part of the pick and pops and defend bigs, which usually turned into taking a charge

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

The A10 will breath a sigh of relief when the Double Double Twins and the Perkulator graduate.  Then they will recoil in horror as they discover Yuri is surrounded by the Splash Brothers, Dr. Dunkenstein and the new and improved Locomotive.  When they foul to slow us down they will gently weep as we shoot over 70% from the line.  

“Splash Brothers” is obviously already taken. I suggest Gibson Jimmerson and Lorentsson be nicknamed the Sons of Splash (or perhaps SOS for those OK with being disrespectful and using the abbrevs).

Bizziken likes this

22 minutes ago, BillyKen said:

“Splash Brothers” is obviously already taken. I suggest Gibson Jimmerson and Lorentsson be nicknamed the Sons of Splash (or perhaps SOS for those OK with being disrespectful and using the abbrevs).

Lots of Blue Koolaid around here.  Me, always skeptical of foreign players until they get on campus.  SLU has had by far more busts than wins when it comes to foreign players.  Lorentssen did not have a particularly long list of suiters and this brings me pause .... he's a wait and see.

1 minute ago, WVBilliken said:

Lots of Blue Koolaid around here.  Me, always skeptical of foreign players until they get on campus.  SLU has had by far more busts than wins when it comes to foreign players.  Lorentssen did not have a particularly long list of suiters and this brings me pause .... he's a wait and see.

Question for those that know such things. When a recruit gets on campus, can he play in a "pickup" game? could something liked that happened with AL?

33 minutes ago, BillyKen said:

I prefer "the pal boyz"

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

but again, we dont need him 2 years year. So he'll have plenty of time and practice to adjust before really needed. 

59 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Our success rate with 180 shooters is 100%.

7 hours ago, dennis_w said:

Question for those that know such things. When a recruit gets on campus, can he play in a "pickup" game? could something liked that happened with AL?

When I was at SLU, this was SOP for the tennis team.  They’d get the recruit on the court ASAP, match him up with the #3 or #4 guy, and let the chips fall where they may.....I always got a kick out of the subsequent discussions and evaluations among the resident players.

https://www.scoopswithdannymac.com/heja-sverige-billikens-get-commitment-from-swedish-stretch-forward-andre-lorentsson/

Article on Lorentsson by Chapley.  The last paragraph could start better.  Andre won’t arrive in midtown till late in the summer.  That means no weight training and no workouts with the staff.

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.scoopswithdannymac.com/heja-sverige-billikens-get-commitment-from-swedish-stretch-forward-andre-lorentsson/

Article on Lorentsson by Chapley.  The last paragraph start better.  Andre won’t arrive in midtown till late in the summer.  That means no weight training and no workouts with the staff.

Does anyone know, if after signing, coaches can communicate freely with the signed recruit, including strength coach providing workout and weight training instructions ..... before a recruit reaches campus?

8 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Does anyone know, if after signing, coaches can communicate freely with the signed recruit, including strength coach providing workout and weight training instructions ..... before a recruit reaches campus?

Yes, they can. Communication is restricted but they can definitely give workouts