• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 757billiken said:

Awesome news!

Found this. Not a stiff. 

Ok, definitely not a stiff.  Will get pushed around for a bit with no size, but will hit free throws, hit open threes and windmill when afforded the opportunity.

Don't worry, I'm a competent adult, I'll go get my own towel from the closet.

10 hours ago, 757billiken said:

Awesome news!

Found this. Not a stiff. 

He's definitely more springy than Ellis, who had no hops, but I doubt he is as strong. Ellis did a good job of holding his own defending in the paint. He usually didn't get pushed around.

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

By the time the Perkulator finishes at SLU it may be a long time before we land someone that good. I can see him averaging 20+ a game. 

absolutely, it would be wild if we replaced the best offensive player we've had in a LONG time right away.  But this kid we got could be another player who can score from anywhere and has size. 

33 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Well, it only took about 50 years to find an heir apparent to Harry Rogers.  If we're lucky, it will only take 25 years to find another Perkulator.

True enough. Being a huge fan of Harry, he was a classmate, I always enjoyed watching him play. He made scoring look effortless. It's eerie to me to watch Perkolator because his game so much resembles Harry's. He hardly breaks a sweat out there. He keeps this up, especially hitting 3s, he could find himself in the NBA after next season. The exciting thing about him is, he should only improve going forward.

Bess was right on when he called him our best player. Not to detract from JGood's contributions in any way, because he's the heart and soul of this team, but the Perkolator is our assassin. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

absolutely, it would be wild if we replaced the best offensive player we've had in a LONG time right away.  But this kid we got could be another player who can score from anywhere and has size. 

I hope you're right, wgstl. You add Jimerson and Thatch into the whole mix, and it just might be the best Billiken squad we've ever seen. If not the best, the most talented top to bottom. And by the way, the Strickland kid doesn't look too shabby either. 

16 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I like scorers, but I want a board crasher.  (I have no idea if any of those initials you posted are actual players, random letters, or if they are board crashers.).

16 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I like scorers, but I want a board crasher.  (I have no idea if any of those initials you posted are actual players, random letters, or if they are board crashers.).

I'd like a good board crasher also assuming AL doesn't have that as one of his strong points.  We are going to need someone to fill that role after next year when HF, JG and JP all depart.  I guess JB Jr, MD and FT Jr (if he is healthly) can all be possibles in that role but none of the three are certain.

With regard to your parenthetical question, I thought you were enough of a Billiken fan to know who the players are.  After all you have over 5000 posts.  But to help you and BR out, here is a little primer on our roster:

AL is the subject of this thread so you shouldn't be confused about who AL is, but just in case, it's Andre Lorentsson;  GJ is Gibson Jimerson (one "m" please) who is our top 3 pt shooter and will be applying for a medical redshirt due to his broken foot; JP is our current leading A 10 scorer, Javonte Perkins;  DJ is Demarius Jacobs;  HF is the all time SLU blocks leader whose name is Hasahn French.  If you have watched any games you might have noticed that he struggles with free throws;  JG is the double-double machine from Centreville, Ill, Jordan Goodwin; JB Jr. is Jimmy Bell, a 6'10" Freshman;  MD is Madani Diarra, another 6'10" Freshman and FT Jr. is Fred Thatch, who will be applying for a redshirt for an unknown (by the public) medical condition.

If I have missed someone please PM me and I will be glad to try to help you.  The same goes for BR, but he will not know that since he claims to not read any post which contains initials, and this also apparently includes any posts which spell Gibson Jimerson's name correctly.

18 hours ago, cheeseman said:

The problem with the NCAA transcript screening process is that it looks for key words.  If the key words do not appear in the class title or class description then they kick it out.  Then you have to go through the appeals process which takes forever.  The NCAA takes your emergency is not their need to hurry to an extreme.  I assume that they are just are not set up for doing things in a personal manner - having a person screen the non US transcripts.

We might want to have Guy practice the pronunciation a couple of hundred times before Andre takes the floor at Chaifefz.😉

31 minutes ago, bauman said:

I'd like a good board crasher also assuming AL doesn't have that as one of his strong points.  We are going to need someone to fill that role after next year when HF, JG and JP all depart.  I guess JB Jr, MD and FT Jr (if he is healthly) can all be possibles in that role but none of the three are certain.

With regard to your parenthetical question, I thought you were enough of a Billiken fan to know who the players are.  After all you have over 5000 posts.  But to help you and BR out, here is a little primer on our roster:

AL is the subject of this thread so you shouldn't be confused about who AL is, but just in case, it's Andre Lorentsson;  GJ is Gibson Jimerson (one "m" please) who is our top 3 pt shooter and will be applying for a medical redshirt due to his broken foot; JP is our current leading A 10 scorer, Javonte Perkins;  DJ is Demarius Jacobs;  HF is the all time SLU blocks leader whose name is Hasahn French.  If you have watched any games you might have noticed that he struggles with free throws;  JG is the double-double machine from Centreville, Ill, Jordan Goodwin; JB Jr. is Jimmy Bell, a 6'10" Freshman;  MD is Madani Diarra, another 6'10" Freshman and FT Jr. is Fred Thatch, who will be applying for a redshirt for an unknown (by the public) medical condition.

If I have missed someone please PM me and I will be glad to try to help you.  The same goes for BR, but he will not know that since he claims to not read any post which contains initials, and this also apparently includes any posts which spell Gibson Jimerson's name correctly.

See, it wasn't that hard to type the player's names.

31 minutes ago, bauman said:

jimmy bell jr. has shown quite a knack on the offensive glass. he may never be french on the boards, but i believe he will prove to be a good rebounder

3star_recruit likes this

Just now, HoosierPal said:

See, it wasn't that hard to type the player's names.

It just takes a long time for a board that is supposed to be frequented by Billiken FANS!  I seriously doubt that you or any other Board regulars don't know who the players are when referred to by their initials.  At least I know how to spell Jimerson.

2 hours ago, bauman said:

It just takes a long time for a board that is supposed to be frequented by Billiken FANS!  I seriously doubt that you or any other Board regulars don't know who the players are when referred to by their initials.  At least I know how to spell Jimerson.

Yes, you can spell Jimmerson, er Jimerrson, or whatever.

For me, and I underline me, it is a matter of respect to use a player's name.  Nicknames are fine with me, if the player is okay with it.