Welcome Andre Lorentsson!

moytoy12

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

SLU has had a couple very good international players, and several busts.  Here's hoping Ford and staff has done a thorough evaluation.  Seems their last Euro, Thor, was taken based on bloodlines. But love Andre's  shooting and overall moxie.  

he didnt miss a single shot!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

he didnt miss a single shot!

It is funny that you say that--of course the videos are edited!--but when I talked to the staff after his visit the word was that it seemed like he never missed a shot the entire time he was here.

His free throw shooting is great and as many on this board have said, the best way to significantly increase our percentages is to recruit and sign great free throw shooters. Although he is not a 5 it seems like a combination of he and Gibson will give us a tandem like Loe and Ellis!

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

We need more shooters, as this season has shown. We lose Weaver and this guy is a good 9 inches taller than him. He clearly needs to add to his frame and there's probably a bigger learning curve coming from Europe. He doesn't show as super athletic on film but if his shot is as good as advertised and if he can guard a 3-4, that's all right. He moves well and he plays hard; seems like he can compensate for any shortcomings.

The idea of running him and Jimerson together on the break is enticing. Collins, French, Goodwin and those two - cut them loose and look out. Then again, I don't know how much we'll see him in year one. But you get the idea.

Let's hope there are no issues transferring credits from a non-US high school (which I'm guessing is like 2x better than an average school here) like we saw with Ellis. Gudmundsson didn't have any, so we should be good.

For the record, his last name (which will be misspelled here 400x a month) is pronounced LORE-ent-sone. Emphasis on the first syllable and a long O in the last one.

The problem with the NCAA transcript screening process is that it looks for key words.  If the key words do not appear in the class title or class description then they kick it out.  Then you have to go through the appeals process which takes forever.  The NCAA takes your emergency is not their need to hurry to an extreme.  I assume that they are just are not set up for doing things in a personal manner - having a person screen the non US transcripts.

24 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

The problem with the NCAA transcript screening process is that it looks for key words.  If the key words do not appear in the class title or class description then they kick it out.  Then you have to go through the appeals process which takes forever.  The NCAA takes your emergency is not their need to hurry to an extreme.  I assume that they are just are not set up for doing things in a personal manner - having a person screen the non US transcripts.

I'm sure they have an express lane for the likes of Kansas, Duke and the other Bluebloods.

cheeseman likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting.  Stuen is our recruiting star.

Now we need our main STL recruiting  man -CT- to add a local talent to next years' class.  I'm assuming another slot opens.  I like adding a superior shooter, like Andre, to next years' team to go along with Jimerson.  Having three point abilities like AL, GJ, JP and DJ should open up the inside for HF, JB and JG.

Word on the street is that Ford and Stuen are excited about having a gym rat, coach on the floor, and a heady fundamentally sound player. Can never have enough of them!!

36 minutes ago, bauman said:

Now we need our main STL recruiting  man -CT- to add a local talent to next years' class.  I'm assuming another slot opens.  I like adding a superior shooter, like Andre, to next years' team to go along with Jimerson.  Having three point abilities like AL, GJ, JP and DJ should open up the inside for HF, JB and JG.

I like scorers, but I want a board crasher.  (I have no idea if any of those initials you posted are actual players, random letters, or if they are board crashers.).

billiken_roy likes this

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I like scorers, but I want a board crasher.  (I have no idea if any of those initials you posted are actual players, random letters, or if they are board crashers.).

you should see some of those initials 2 of them are top 25 rebounders :) 

10 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

So is Strickland and him going to be at the same position. We have 4 returning A10 players of the week plus two new 4’s next year if I’m correct. This is going to be a top 10 team hands down. All the gaps will be filled

Strickland is a 3, possibly a 2 .... certainly not a 4.

Welcome Andre to team blue.

It is nice to have 3 point sniper depth, so go ahead and clog the post area and double or triple team French the snipers will shoot over it.

bauman likes this

Strickland is an explosive athlete who gets his points at the rim. Follow him on Instagram and keep up with his stories; if they were permanent, I'd share them here (see below for a taste). As pointed out above, he considers himself a versatile guard with size and length. My hunch is that his shooting is improving; he recently put up a 40-point game and had 32 in a game last week but I can't find more substantial stats or box scores or anything like that for his team.

As Lorentsson says, he considers himself a forward with an inside-out game. I see him as more of an outside player at this point although it'll be interesting to see if he keeps growing, but nonetheless, he brings a totally different looking game and skill set than Strickland.

These guys can not only exist together but have complementary styles. This team could be lethal in transition next season.

Spoon-Balls likes this