Welcome Andre Lorentsson!

moytoy12

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone needed a reminder about Pistol’s description of Lorentsson:

André Lorentsson - PF, 6-8, 205 - Gothenburg, Sweden (Marks Gymnasiekola, Skene) - Basketettan (Swedish Third Tier) Team: RIG Mark
Offers: None

Interest: Saint Louis.

Latest News: Lorentsson visited SLU and attended the Duquesne game. He was in the US to play in a prep school invitational event in Providence with his team RIG Mark and averaged 19.3 PPG in three games. (2/6/20)

Scouting Report: Lorentsson is a stretch four with high-level shooting ability. He has a smooth, compact, consistent stroke and deep range and he's lethal coming off screens. He runs the floor extremely well and is active in transition. He has good speed and quickness for his size. He's developing as a ball handler. He's a surprisingly good passer who reads the floor well and finds his teammates in space. He has limited athleticism but he's fluid and plays with a ton of smarts and energy. He's lean but has decent length and should be able to build upon his frame. His RIG Mark team is currently first in the South division of the Basketettan and Lorentsson is the second-leading scorer, with a slash line of .547/.452/.880.

-Still building out the profile but that's what I've got to start with. He played very well at the National Prep School Invitational this weekend in Providence, averaging 19.3 PPG over three games. He was mentioned in a scout's tweet as a standout, and the guy added that Georgetown, Brown, Mount St. Mary's, Holy Cross, and some NBA scouts were in attendance that day. I'm sure there were others, too. He also played well in a December tournament in the Canary Islands.

RIG Mark appears to be associated with his high school, Marks, which means they're also amateur - the closest analogy here is probably a prep team like the one Strickland plays for. The school and club are in Skene, a town a little outside of Gothenburg, the second-largest city in Sweden. Looks like he was born in Lundby, right across the river from Gothenburg.

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

From a shooting perspective, a 6’8” kid who has Majerus’ magic 180 shooting metric (45% from the international/new college 3 point line). I’m excited. 

I know, I am a bum. It’s just hard for me to get excited about someone so unknown. Don’t worry, by the time he gets on campus I will have anointed him the next Keith Van Horn. 

moytoy12 and Reinert310 like this

Well I have identified a stretch big as our biggest need, so I'm happy with this. He looked like he had a nice shot and a pretty quick release on video. Just a mbm guess, but I think the writing is on the wall for Hankton's future.

The more 3-point shooting options the better for Yuri... next year we'll have one at the 2 (GJ), 3 (JP) and now one at the 4 (AL). I love the potential lineup versatility.

Will be interesting to see what position (broadly defined) he plays at SLU. Is he more of an undersized 4 in the mold of Hankton or even Perkins, or is he a true stretch 4 like a Cody Ellis.

Either way, you can never have enough shooters. 

12 minutes ago, NH said:

Will be interesting to see what position (broadly defined) he plays at SLU. Is he more of an undersized 4 in the mold of Hankton or even Perkins, or is he a true stretch 4 like a Cody Ellis.

Either way, you can never have enough shooters. 

I have no idea about the rest of his game, but I was just gonna post that on his video, the way he gets his feet set and ready to shoot reminds me a lot of Cody. His final two seasons, Cody was an outstanding free throw shooter and really worked to become a decent defender. Cody was pretty heralded when he came in, so not sure if this kid can equal his career, but anything close to it would make this an excellent addition.

52 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Pitbull?

:PitBull:

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-welcome to The Billikens!!

-good work by the staff

-i think Jorgen Petterson is from the same town so I hope Andre he really gets here and doesn't make a fuss that TJ is already wearing #22 

need one with bud seltzer keep current with the kids.

We need more shooters, as this season has shown. We lose Weaver and this guy is a good 9 inches taller than him. He clearly needs to add to his frame and there's probably a bigger learning curve coming from Europe. He doesn't show as super athletic on film but if his shot is as good as advertised and if he can guard a 3-4, that's all right. He moves well and he plays hard; seems like he can compensate for any shortcomings.

The idea of running him and Jimerson together on the break is enticing. Collins, French, Goodwin and those two - cut them loose and look out. Then again, I don't know how much we'll see him in year one. But you get the idea.

Let's hope there are no issues transferring credits from a non-US high school (which I'm guessing is like 2x better than an average school here) like we saw with Ellis. Gudmundsson didn't have any, so we should be good.

For the record, his last name (which will be misspelled here 400x a month) is pronounced LORE-ent-sone. Emphasis on the first syllable and a long O in the last one.

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-welcome to The Billikens!!

-good work by the staff

-i think Jorgen Petterson is from the same town so I hope Andre he really gets here and doesn't make a fuss that TJ is already wearing #22 

Oh wow.  GloryDays, I guess this means TJ will transfer, just like Zeke did when Goodwin wanted his #23.  We should retire #23 after Goodwin is done with it.

Slash line for his third division Swedish team (which is affiliated with his HS team) is 547/.452/.880. They haven't played since he initially visited but they start up again tonight.

Slash line in the U18 Euros this past year was .406/.380/.789.

He just turned 19 on Monday.

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

I have no idea about the rest of his game, but I was just gonna post that on his video, the way he gets his feet set and ready to shoot reminds me a lot of Cody. His final two seasons, Cody was an outstanding free throw shooter and really worked to become a decent defender. Cody was pretty heralded when he came in, so not sure if this kid can equal his career, but anything close to it would make this an excellent addition.

hope he avoids drop-off CE experienced with % at the end.