GDT: Beat the ... Well it's just really Daly

cgeldmacher

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching the replay.  Fuoking great game.  7 assists for Collins.  Goodwin, French, Perkins and Hargrove all shared it and played fantastic.

Especially thought Hargrove was good on defense. Great game for him, plenty of minutes, Ford gave him leash and seemed really happy with him.

Goodwin and French even looked better than usual from the line.

Billllllies.

32 minutes ago, Fraz42 said:

What hurts is that we are probably a Crutcher buzzer beater short of an at-large right now 

I wanna feel that way, but I can't fully agree.  You have to subtract at least of the following...2 duqies losses, 1 umass loss.   Remove one of those, and the crutcher shot rims out, that puts in the drivers seat with whats left. 

55 minutes ago, dlarry said:

You know your team is in trouble when your best player looks like the dude from Pitch Perfect and those All State commercials.

Hey Ryan Daly is your team any good?

source.gif

My wife said, “that’s their best player??,, the stocky white kid with flabby arms??”

Just back from the game. Chaifetz was half full (or half empty depending on your point of view). There was some enthusiasm around, not many children were present. Lots of old folks like myself. I would not say we dominated the game, we barely made just about to the spread, and a lot of the players did bad things like bad passes, throwing the ball out, and having the ball taken away from them. The stats I have available are not complete. I am pretty sure that Hargrove was a major factor in this game, just as he was in the game against VCU. He had 13 pts, 4 rebounds and the radio said he had 4 blocks (2 of them against Daly). I thought Hargrove brought the spark back to the team and prevented a much closer win or even a loss. We were not headed in the right direction with Weaver playing. The stats tomorrow will clarify who did what and how much of it. I think Hargrove is much improved from the beginning of the season and deserves to play more minutes, and I would suggest taking these minutes away from Weaver.

In all we won by 13 pts, which  is a lot better than we did the first time we played against them this season. At that time we won by 3 pts. Believe me to have provided the only win St. J has had in conference play this year would have been a disaster for us. Anyway we are currently 20-8 overall (9-6 in conference). Not that bad. Next is Rhode Island which will probably be the toughest opponent left for the Bills this season. I think we can win it. Go Bills!

Finally to give an answer to you wife's question, Dr. Holly Hills, yes, the stocky white kid with the flabby arms is St. J's best player. They still have 0 wins in conference and we swept them.

We are doing fine people, and more to come I am pretty sure.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

ESPN app lists attendance at 5,096. I knew there weren’t many people there, but surely it wasn’t more than half empty right?

Is that our lowest attendance ever in Chaifetz?  If anything it reveals the season ticket base size some. 

7 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Beating a dead horse but French legitimately is not giving his all when it comes to solving free throw woes. Year 3.... no excuses to be 50%. Does he not know he would be a top billiken ppg leader if he made the league average? Nevermind how much less he would get fouled going for a basket 

He may not know. You know sometimes players think they are working hard but actually aren't. I suggest you attend the banquet after the seasons over and inform Has of his shortcomings. 

9 hours ago, Littlebill said:

ESPN app lists attendance at 5,096. I knew there weren’t many people there, but surely it wasn’t more than half empty right?

no way, crowd was actually better than I expected for late Wednesday game against a last place team. ESPN is now saying 8k which still doesnt seem right. 

2 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

Don’t look now but our net ranking has climbed to 69. If we won out and did decent in the A-10 tourney with maybe a win against Dayton, we could be in.

Thats practically the auto bid 

38 minutes ago, wgstl said:

no way, crowd was actually better than I expected for late Wednesday game against a last place team. ESPN is now saying 8k which still doesnt seem right. 

8pm mid-week start time is crazy.  That's okay for a Friday or Saturday game, but mid-week is going to result in lean crowds with no kids in the building because they may not get home until 11.

Do we have any control over that or is it dictated by the A10?

Just now, RUBillsFan said:

8pm mid-week start time is crazy.  That's okay for a Friday or Saturday game, but mid-week is going to result in lean crowds with no kids in the building because they may not get home until 11.

be happy, East coast teams do that most of the season. Some even 9. 

4 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It's all about TV. 

7 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

2 minutes ago, willie said:

It's all about TV. 

This. It was determined by CBS Sports.

I like the later games. With two young kids, later is better.

9 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Is that our lowest attendance ever in Chaifetz?  If anything it reveals the season ticket base size some. 

No, when we played High Point back in November we only had 4624. I am sure if I went back we could find lower ones.

Actually year to year average attendance is trending upwards. This season league play attendance has not been bad. Avg attendance has been 7384. I guess that comes close to 70%. Looks good on TV. With the OOC games its been 6739.