Billiken Basketball on Arch City Media

Bills By 40

Hey guys, some of you may remember years ago when I covered Billiken basketball for "Arch City Sports," and after a 4 or so year hiatus I am happy to announce that I am back writing for them once again, under the new brand name "Arch City Media."

Most of the content I produce will not be groundbreaking news for any of us avid fans, but the brand has a social media following of over 170k (greater than the Post Dispatch) and gets tons of website traffic so this is a great opportunity to draw some attention to the program from the STL market that may not show Team Blue the love they deserve.

The point I'm getting at is that I would love y'all's help promoting my content, providing me with suggestions as to what should/needs to be covered, and giving constructive criticism whenever possible. I plan to use this as a thread to link my articles as they are posted and the more publicity the get the better so any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: I am not the greatest of writers, but this is a great opportunity and something I thoroughly enjoy doing, so I will be producing as much content as my schedule allows. I have loved the emergence of Carter Chapley and the effort he puts in as it forces Stu to compete at that level, so hopefully I can contribute to some capacity in the same way. 

My second article, as promised, a recap from VCU. 

http://archcity.media/2020/02/22/billikens-rout-vcu-in-80-62-friday-night-win/

In this article you'll notice I've grown more familiar with the inner-workings of the website and enhanced the content with more pictures, embedded tweets.

• 8 months later...
42 minutes ago, abas115 said:

Back in action, appreciate any traffic and support. 

http://archcity.media/2020/11/26/billikens-punish-siue-look-forward-to-lsu/

Very well done, Austin. Great job. Thanks for posting it.

On 11/27/2020 at 12:38 AM, Reinert310 said:

Very well done, Austin. Great job. Thanks for posting it.

Much appreciated - I'm no journalist but I love doing this. I'm told by conference play I will probably have media access to Chaifetz again which means press conferences and an in for the MBMs to get some questions answered by Ford and the team. 

almaman likes this

• 11 months later...

Took a hiatus but back with my coverage this year. Should be attending press conferences again soon so MBM submitted questions will always be considered. 

http://archcity.media/2021/11/09/billikens-open-their-season-with-three-game-single-week-homestand/

wgstl and billikenbill like this