GDT: Beat VCU

wgstl

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, we went to the 70th birthday party of a very good friend of ours, did not attend the game and missed probably the best game of the season. My bad. My wife found the final score via her iPhone sometime before we left and I was dumbfounded. I believe in the Bills but this was rubbing VCU's noses on the asphalt. Great win! No onto the next one. Go Bills!

1 hour ago, mrjoelabs said:

Green Arrow :)

I guess I was trying to stick with the Batman hero "tree."  But that's a very apt avatar for Jimerson.

But before we think so much about the DC Universe heroes the Bills have for the next three seasons (in Collins, Hargrove, and Jimerson [Batman and Robin (not sure which is which, by your way of thinking) and Green Arrow]), we've still got another year of Marvel Universe heroes.  That's French has the Incredible Hulk, J-Good as Captain America, and Perkins as Spider-Man (or perhaps the Black Panther).

Edited by Quality Is Job 1

12 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Sorry guys, we went to the 70th birthday party of a very good friend of ours, did not attend the game and missed probably the best game of the season. My bad. My wife found the final score via her iPhone sometime before we left and I was dumbfounded. I believe in the Bills but this was rubbing VCU's noses on the asphalt. Great win! No onto the next one. Go Bills!

You don't get to attend anymore games (until they lose without you there), Old Guy! 🙂

This game made me even more optimistic for next season... Yuri with 12 assists, Perkins making it look easy with 25 points, Bell and Hargrove looking good. Then of course Goodwin and French had strong performances as well. These guys plus a healthy Jimerson and Thatch? The A-10 better be ready next year because we're coming in hot. 

I  sold Perkins short a few hours ago.  He should be 2nd team all-conference, not 3rd team this year.  He's already scored 25 points three times and dropped 33 on the road at St. Joe's.  Best scorer since Justin Love.

VCU picked the wrong year to run with us.  Their point guard was hobbled and Yuri loves to run.  Game, set, match.

SLU_Nick likes this

5 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I  sold Perkins short a few hours ago.  He should be 2nd team all-conference, not 3rd team this year.  He's already scored 25 points three times and dropped 33 on the road at St. Joe's.  Best scorer since Justin Love.

VCU picked the wrong year to run with us.  Their point guard was hobbled and Yuri loves to run.  Game, set, match.

Their defensive strategy wasn’t very smart it was like they didn’t even scout us. First team in a while that didn’t just pack it in against us and you saw the results. 

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I’m still fired up on the morning after, woke up jamming!

I feel the same way and what a pick up from the Tuesday loss.

I wish you could of seen this one live with the full student section and close to a full house the atmosphere was electric in the arena.

When I got home I noticed ESPNU was replaying the game so I watched and I did not realize how much I missed being at the game because of how fast the game was played last night.  I got a better look at the French assist to Hargrove and how great some of those assists by Collins were executed.

This has been a good season in spite of the injuries and if Hargrove could just finish out the season like he did last night then our team has a chance of winning the A10 tournament.  Perkins has arrived in a big way but I have felt the team is just one player short of being able to get the job done by winning the A10 tournament.  I think Hargrove is a good player that has the ability to get hot and be a major factor heading down the stretch.

51 minutes ago, slu72 said:

For you young'uns that never saw Harry Rogers play, it's like Perkulator has channeled his game. Harry was smooth as silk. A lot of points w/o breaking a sweat. Perkins gives us the same. Love the Perkulator. 

A long time friend and Billiken supporter said to me last night doesn’t Perkins remind you of Harry Rogers. Harry was there last night and looked like he could still play. 

10 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Hoos, just curious, who did they have? Thanks..

The list is pretty long....started with relatively current alums like Crawford and Welmer, continued through Eckerle, Highmark, Liddell, Q Dillard, Pedersen, Jeff and Stan Luechtefeld, then on through Lenard, Gray, Douglass, Wiley, Rogers and more from the 1970's an 1960's.  They ended with a player, which I am embarrassed to say I missed his name, who is 97 years old and fought in WWII.  Joanne, long time assistant to the Staff was there too.  I didn't count, but there were maybe 50 former Billikens honored.

Please, others who were there, add to the list.

Interesting no one has mentioned the refs in last night’s game. Twice my son and I said ‘Good no foul call’ , one of those the flop by SS. We were waiting for the typical A10 second half foul circus, but it never materialized.

I thought a couple of times Yuri driving to the basket was like a FB crashing through the line in a football game, but otherwise seemed to be called fairly. 
Stu said the T was on the coach, box score said Evans. Is a flagrant foul automatically classified as a T?

mhg

GoBills73 likes this

2 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Interesting no one has mentioned the refs in last night’s game. Twice my son and I said ‘Good no foul call’ , one of those the flop by SS. We were waiting for the typical A10 second half foul circus, but it never materialized.

I thought a couple of times Yuri driving to the basket was like a FB crashing through the line in a football game, but otherwise seemed to be called fairly. 
Stu said the T was on the coach, box score said Evans. Is a flagrant foul automatically classified as a T?

mhg

When you win, no one blames the refs nor our coaches.  Yeah, they let them play.

I believe that the FF is not a T, but that Rhodes was perhaps upset at the call and got the T.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

When you win, no one blames the refs nor our coaches.  Yeah, they let them play.

I'm pretty sure everyone was pissed at the refs after that 2nd half foul festival against LaSalle even though we won the game.  

On the flip side, it has been a little while, but I don't think anyone was particularly upset about the refs in the Seton Hall game.  We just got beat plain and simple.

I do agree that there is more complaining about refs after losses than wins.  However, if the refs suck, they suck plain and simple.

Refs were pretty good overall last night.  I felt like they could / should have swallowed their whistles on some of those late desperation out of control drives to the hoop by VCU.  This is especially true given other stuff they allowed during the game and the fact that the game was already out of hand.  No one really wants to watch a FT shooting contest occur during the last 2 mins of blowout.  That's my only complaint.