GDT: Beat VCU

wgstl

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'll add to this a very efficient night for French from the field (obviously not from the line), going 9-13 for 18 points. We need more of that out of him.

Yuri's 12 assists mark a career high and one of the top performances in SLU history (18 is the record, and there have only been about a dozen times with over 10 in a game).

Perkins was perfect through his first 8 FGs and stayed perfect from the line - 6-6.

By this time next year he'll knock his and a few other's 11 for a game out of the top 10 for that :) There were at least 2 great chances in second have when the shots rolled out or he could of had 14. Unbelievable. He sees the court like that NFL cam that floats above the field.

Pistol likes this

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Yuri gets 12th assist on the reverse dunk by French at the buzzer.

Not sure I like that shot; VCU will remember that if the teams meet in the A-10 Tournament.  (Not sure it matters, VCU will be pumped anyway.)

Feels good to finally get a win over VCU.  Next year let the Bills get their first win in VCU's place.

Against any other team I say dribble the ball and let clock expire. Against VCU I say slam it down!

rgbilliken likes this

33 minutes ago, mdscott24 said:

Didn't get to watch until the 2nd half. Did I miss something on Weaver?

This wasn’t a great matchup for Weaver.  Beating VCU is all about being strong w the ball and then finishing at the rim.  Weaver is too small & not a good enough ball handler for the press and his game is mostly shooting 3s, not scoring at the rim.  There are definitely games we need him.  This was not one of them.

willie likes this

I blame this win on coach Ford and French.

A great moment at the game tonight was when the large crowd stood up for the defense at the end of the first half and the defense stopped VCU and it was loud.

Dr. Holly Hills likes this

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Why sit Perkins for almost the first 5 minutes of 2nd half?  That just makes no sense whatsoever.

I really don't understand this at all.  Perkins needs to play 35 minutes and take 15-20 shots every game.  He made his first 8 shots and had 23 points.  He's just an insane scorer.  I almost guarantee NBA for him at this point.