Thatch to Redshirt in 2019 - 2020 Season

crymdg2

17 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

This seems like a good place to point out that the fear of medical terminology is called logophobia. The fear of reading medical terminology is called bibliophobia.  Those of you suffering from these fears may also experience the fear of medical procedures called tomophobia.

My suggestion is to take a deep breath, confront your fears, seek therapy if needed, and enjoy the posts which discuss medical issues. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

BP, That's bait^ 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

This seems like a good place to point out that the fear of medical terminology is called logophobia. The fear of reading medical terminology is called bibliophobia.  Those of you suffering from these fears may also experience the fear of medical procedures called tomophobia.

My suggestion is to take a deep breath, confront your fears, seek therapy if needed, and enjoy the posts which discuss medical issues. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

I used to know an Irishman named Tom. He was huge and a bad ass. A lot of people had Tom O'Phobia with him. 

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I used to know an Irishman named Tom. He was huge and a bad ass. A lot of people had Tom O'Phobia with him. 

Wonder if he’s related to the Irishman I see out my back window every morning. After a few days of wondering what was going on, I ventured outside to ask him his name. I shouldn’t have been surprised when he said,  Paddy O’Furniture.

Days off leave me with too much time on my hands.

slufanskip likes this

7 hours ago, slu72 said:

+1. This board is starting to read like the Harvard Medical Review. 

There is a Harvard Business Review, and a Harvard Law Review but no Harvard Medical Review. Instead of a medical review they control the New England Journal of Medicine, which, of course, is open to  other schools as well.

52 minutes ago, Old guy said:

There is a Harvard Business Review, and a Harvard Law Review but no Harvard Medical Review. Instead of a medical review they control the New England Journal of Medicine, which, of course, is open to  other schools as well.

You omitted the Harvard Medicine magazine.

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Whatever. 

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

You omitted the Harvard Medicine magazine.

That is for the alumni of the med school (every grad school has its own magazine and the main alumni Magazine is Harvard which is sent to all alumni) and is a combo of faculty and student stories together with some more serious stuff.  The Business Review and the Law Review are serious technical/trade magazines.