GDT @ UMass

21 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Next year the Dukies will be back, as will Richmond and probably VCU. St Joes will be stronger with the kids growing up and Daly back plus funk back. Umass will be a problem.  Davidson and Rhody and Dayton will all take steps back but obviously people can fill their shoes.  Who knows about the bonnies

VCU will be decent still with Santos- Silva and the freshman Hyland. But they lose 2 or their top 3 scorers, and 3 of 5 starters and 6th man.  They'll take a step back. Duquense and Richmond will be very good, and Umass should also be very good. TBH, next year should be a 4+ bid league as long as some of those teams puts together a decent OOC. 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Next year the Dukies will be back, as will Richmond and probably VCU. St Joes will be stronger with the kids growing up and Daly back plus funk back. Umass will be a problem.  Davidson and Rhody and Dayton will all take steps back but obviously people can fill their shoes.  Who knows about the bonnies

St. Bonnie only loses one player, Ikpeze, who is essentially Osunniyi's backup.  Assuming everyone comes back, they will be tough.  Most of their core is Soph and Freshmen this season.

I would not be surprised to see Dayton's Crutcher at a minimum explore the NBA.   A point guard with a 2.5:1 ATO ratio who hits 42% from the arc has a future.

Just now, HoosierPal said:

St. Bonnie only loses one player, Ikpeze, who is essentially Osunniyi's backup.  Assuming everyone comes back, they will be tough.  Most of their core is Soph and Freshmen this season.

I still dont see them in the same category as SLU, duqesne and Richmond. I think them, Umass, and VCU are all fighting for the 4th best team spot. 

Littlebill likes this

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I still dont see them in the same category as SLU, duqesne and Richmond. I think them, Umass, and VCU are all fighting for the 4th best team spot. 

That's cool.  Too soon to tell in my book.  Winston has come alive the past ten or so games.  SLU target Carpenter has been a disappointment.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That's cool.  Too soon to tell in my book.  Winston has come alive the past ten or so games.  SLU target Carpenter has been a disappointment.

Which has been surprising. I though we could have came here and did wonders off the bat.  

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I had the game on TV synced up with Rammer and Earl. Twice, in the background, after a bad pass/error you could hear Coach Ford loudly state "Get him out of there".  First time Jacobs immediately left.  Second time Collins left.

Like most coaches I think Ford is guilty of yanking players after they make a mistake. Guys like TJ have to play scared. Rich Grawer might have been the worst. 

27 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Yes. Did we execute? No

Anyone know why we switched from playing more of a packed in defense most of the 1st half to a more aggressive man in the 2nd half? Packing it in seemed like the game plan against UMass as they have struggled to shoot the 3 in conference play and it seemed to really bog down their offense as they struggled to find open looks and room for Mitchell. When we started playing more aggressively and extending our defense they were seemingly able to break us down off of the dribble with ease. I thought we learned from the 1st game when I saw us come out in a more packed in defense, but then we abandoned it. Oh well, these games don't overly matter at this point.