GDT @ UMass

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, NH said:

With the opponent shooting 1-and-1, down 2 with 40 seconds left and not fouling...I’m just floored at how bad a decision that is. Did Travis think we were only down one?!? Serious question. I’m at a loss for words.

I agree. Was screaming at tv. Best case is you get the ball back down 2 with 10 seconds left. Just not a good strategy.

10 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Just gotta know when to and when not to read it.

Always good to have some peeps looking down on people who are disappointed after a loss and just venting. 

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is the fourth game this season where I've just felt disgusted afterwards. Davidson and the Duquesne games (especially the second one) were the others.

Probably not a healthy response, just saying.

I think it is the manner of the losses:

Davdison- Just worked from start to finish

Dukes 1 - up double digits and then turns into total beat down

Dukes 2 - Got beat down at home when we thought SLU could make an in season run. 

Umass - Well no explanation needed. 

SLU_Nick and Pistol like this

UMass announcers said the UMass Coach was critical of his own team not fouling French at the end of the first meeting.  Hack-a-French was clearly UMass' strategy at crunch time tonight.  Coach Ford must counter that, and the only player capable of replacing French in that situation is T.J. Hargrove, assuming he was physically able to play, not Jimmy Bell, who is limited on Offense, also had 4 fouls and clearly could not guard Mitchell.

The in game loss of Demarius Jacobs also hurt tonight. That must be why Weaver, who was dead cold shooting, was in the game down the stretch.

SLU_Nick likes this

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I don't think I've ever been this PO'd after a loss. I don't have anyone to blame. But, c'mon, let this one just slip away when it was needed so much. I'm beyond ticked right now. ............. insert swear words. 

You'll never feel worse than the players.  The guards know they pissed the game away.

6 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

We were 5-7 from 3 in the first half kicking the ball out to wide open 3’s every time, and than we just abandon the 3 point game in the second half.

Just like the LaSalle game.  Good outside shooting in the first half and doing nothing but trying to go inside to HF against LaSalle.

15 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Our O was taking them to school in the first half and then..., poof... I vanished in the second half. Tho was...  I still don't know what it was. 

I think it was French on bench a long time in the 2nd Half with 3 fouls and then 4 fouls, and Jacobs out of the game.

Too many turnovers, too many fouls whistled on French and Bell, 0 for 4 on 3's in 2nd Half, and no one could stop Mitchell, who had 22 points in 2nd Half to finish with 24.

SLU struggled against the UMass press, often failed to punish the press, did a few times, but not enough, seemed to be rattled in the open court too much.

Billboy1 likes this

28 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

I disagree, we went to the tournament just last year and headed into this season picked to finish 7th. Next year is the year Fords seat could begin to slowly heat up if he under performs.

Isabell and Bess were the reasons why we went to the tournament.

And in 3....2....1.....go for Chris May talking about gpa, community service, great students, program better positioned more than ever, great energy around program, everything is great, Gino loves what Lisa Stone is building here, volleyball will be really good next year, women’s soccer is incredible, men’s soccer is on right path, Chaifetz that’s a decade old is best home court advantage in sports, best fans in college athletics....blah, blah, blah....reality....coach with 1 NCAA win, Crews has 2....no quad 1 wins....last in FT % in THE COUNTRY...millions of dollars spent on this current dumpster fire...hope it can be turned around but it’s seeming more like Groundhogs Day...

15 minutes ago, Old guy said:

. I thought the refs were better in their calls than what they have been lately.

Really? I’m like the least ref critic but I thought this was one of if not the worst. And not even fouls, at least 3 of the 70 called travels were  not Travels

44 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Heyyy welcome back. Couldn't of called that lol troll

Really? Are we watching the same program over the years? Hey at least I’ve been consistent and living in reality. What in TF’s coaching history makes you think he is going to be any different???? Seriously? That’s not called trolling if it’s true. Answer this one...IF a Creighton, a Xavier, a Villanova, a St. Mary’s head coaching job opened up today, would TF be on that top 5 list? Hell no! But good enough for SLU and he’s expected to be our savior??? Go ahead and call me a troll. I’ll take it as a compliment, keep drinking your free Billiken Club kool aid pregame with stale pretzels and cold ravs. Lol 

4 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Really? Are we watching the same program over the years? Hey at least I’ve been consistent and living in reality. What in TF’s coaching history makes you think he is going to be any different???? Seriously? That’s not called trolling if it’s true. Answer this one...IF a Creighton, a Xavier, a Villanova, a St. Mary’s head coaching job opened up today, would TF be on that top 5 list? Hell no! But good enough for SLU and he’s expected to be our savior??? Go ahead and call me a troll. I’ll take it as a compliment, keep drinking your free Billiken Club kool aid pregame with stale pretzels and cold ravs. Lol 

I know people are heated but we've made the tournament 4 times in 7 years. 

The program was D_E_A_D under Crews. There was zero pulse. Ford has given us a pulse and much more. We made the frickin tourney last year! We had 7 new players this year. This was never expected to be "the year." 

We can all be really really pissed about how that game went and this Ford really sucked but it is not an indictment on the program as a whole. 

billiken_roy likes this