GDT @ UMass

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Inbounding the ball on the offensive end with under 2 minutes to play, he shouldn't be in. If you wind up with a defensive mismatch next time, so be it. All Mitchell did was score in his face the whole half, anyway.

I wouldn't have Bell in there ahead of French in that situation, even with the Hack-a-French that UMass used twice at crunch time.  I would play Hargrove, if he was available to play.  Hargrove came in briefly for Perkins at end of first half.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the Hargrove on Mitchell thing. Would of rather seen that. Bell couldn't hang with Mitchell. Tbh nobody could. He beat us tonight. 

We missed some open shots at the end of the game. You win if you make shots. You lose if you miss shots. 

Now y'all can commence storm about the season being over. See you guys Friday. 

Our guards threw the game away with turnovers when we were up double digits and that was opening that Tre Mitchell needed.  Great performance and showed tonight why he should be the preseason POY going into next season.  Jacobs, who was having a nice game, got shook up on a 2nd half collision and didn't return.

Perkins and Goodwin were scoring easily tonight.  If we hadn't spent so much of the 2nd half throwing the ball away, they would have scored 25 apiece.

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

Our guards threw the game away with turnovers when we were up double digits and that was opening that Tre Mitchell needed.  Great performance and showed tonight why he should be the preseason POY going into next season.  Jacobs, who was having a nice game, got shook up on a 2nd half collision and didn't return.

Perkins and Goodwin were scoring easily tonight.  If we hadn't spent so much of the 2nd half throwing the ball away, they would have scored 25 apiece.

Yep lot of bone headed plays by our pgs that's gonna get lost in the fray cause of the end of the game. 

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

I agree re the 2nd Half turnovers. They were killers. SLU finished with 14 turnovers to UMass' 11.

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I wouldn't have Bell in there ahead of French in that situation, even with the Hack-a-French that UMass used twice at crunch time.  I would play Hargrove, if he was available to play.  Hargrove came in briefly for Perkins at end of first half.

Hargrove would've been my play. He's one of our best FT shooters and would've had fresh legs and fouls to give at the other end. French was giving us nothing at that point and they fouled him off the ball to put him on the line. It just can't happen.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Hargrove would've been my play. He's one of our best FT shooters and would've had fresh legs and fouls to give at the other end. French was giving us nothing at that point and they fouled him off the ball to put him on the line. It just can't happen.

I agree with this.

UGHHHHHHHH I wanted that win so badly.  

Man I love Ford but I want to shake him right now. 

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

I actually can't believe the TO tally was 14 to 11. It felt like 20 or close to it. Maybe because so many of them were really soft or even unforced turnovers.

The turnovers were Charmin soft and UMass scored on at least half of them.  Gift wrapping a team 12-14 points on the road is a disaster waiting to happen.

Pistol likes this