GDT @ UMass

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

They're fouling him off the ball!

It doesn't matter that he hit 1. He shouldn't be in a situation where he's even shooting it.

French, even with 4 fouls, had to be on floor to try to guard Mitchell.  Bell could not guard Mitchell.  I would have played Hargrove ahead of Bell with French on bench with 4 fouls, assuming Hargrove was able to play.

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

It's always good to have a 35% 3 Free Shooter in the game

Also a good idea to double so that Mitchell is literally wide open under the basket to seal the game. 

Ford is infallible I forgot. 

When we doubled they hit open threes. Don't need to double with Has in there. 

Has is our first or second best player. You aren't gonna take him out. Hate to break it to ya. Plus bell couldn't hang with mitchell

Just now, moytoy12 said:

I guess the good news is that the rest of the regular season doesn’t matter. Sigh....

Was really hoping we'd get to 11 conference wins. Guess there's still a chance.

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Has is our first or second best player. You aren't gonna take him out. Hate to break it to ya

That was my point. They doubled and Mitchell rolled to the basket to put Umass up 4. 

Your second best player had 5 points and 2 rebounds. 

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Has is our first or second best player. You aren't gonna take him out. Hate to break it to ya. Plus bell couldn't hang with mitchell

No, you absolutely take him. w/l are more important than making him feel special 

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

French, even with 4 fouls, had to be on floor to try to guard Mitchell.  Bell could not guard Mitchell.  I would have played Hargrove ahead of Bell with French on bench with 4 fouls, assuming Hargrove was able to play.

Inbounding the ball on the offensive end with under 2 minutes to play, he shouldn't be in. If you wind up with a defensive mismatch next time, so be it. All Mitchell did was score in his face the whole half, anyway.

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

That was my point. They doubled and Mitchell rolled to the basket to put Umass up 4. 

Your second best player had 5 points and 2 rebounds. 

I highly doubt Ford told Has to leave Mitchell open through the lane and for neither guard on the baseline to step in a help out lol. But maybe I'm wrong.

Correct. And thats not Ford's fault. Refs took Has out of the game.

2 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

I never criticize ford after a game never, but this one is on him.

Remember we cant say hes a bad coach or we are "trolls"  This loss and both DUKIE losses are on him.  Getting schooled on Xs and Os.  And why can't we ever have an impact freshman like a mitchell...how does he end up at Umass?   Ford is supposed to be a recruiter since his Xs and Os are weak.. But our freshman always gotta "develop" Goodwin was the closest to something like a mitchell... Maybe Jimmer would have been

3 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I highly doubt Ford told Has to leave Mitchell open through the lane and for neither guard on the baseline to step in a help out lol. But maybe I'm wrong.

Correct. And thats not Ford's fault. Refs took Has out of the game.

lol it's always the refs. French plays like a bull in a china shop. He has no touch. He has no range. He can't hit free throws. If he can't play overly psychical he's not effective. The entire A10 conference has shown that French is not allowed to play the way he likes to play. He needs to adjust. He hasn't.