GDT: vs LaSalle

7 hours ago, slu72 said:

One observation: Jimmy has to get a lot more aggressive on putbacks and layups. Like, JAM TIME, Jimmy! No reason a 6'10" guy should be missing bunnies. At least he made the FT's. Also, I think he may have a mid range game lurking in that locomotive somewhere. His form on FTs is pure. 

Careful there SLU72, your comments may be deemed negative by some of the more sensitive members.  You’re actually spot-on, but there may be some people get butt-hurt over saying something “critical”.   Bell does have a smooth shot that hopefully he can develop a mid-range game from, along with being more aggressive around the rim and using that big body to throw down with authority.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Spoonball18 said:

Careful there SLU72, your comments may be deemed negative by some of the more sensitive members.  You’re actually spot-on, but there may be some people get butt-hurt over saying something “critical”.   Bell does have a smooth shot that hopefully he can develop a mid-range game from, along with being more aggressive around the rim and using that big body to throw down with authority.

And hopefully you can learn to stop being an 

A-Hole. I hope that didn’t offend you.

CBFan likes this

6 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

And hopefully you can learn to stop being an 

A-Hole. I hope that didn’t offend you.

Just ignore him. Don't give him the time of day. He'll eventually go away. He's attention starved and has nothing better to do with his time besides come here and talk $h!t. Just pretend he doesn't exist. He will leave quicker.

2 hours ago, Spoonball18 said:

This post makes you sound like a dick and like you’re  “butt-hurt.”

2 hours ago, Spoonball18 said:

Bell does have a smooth shot that hopefully he can develop a mid-range game from, along with being more aggressive around the rim and using that big body to throw down with authority.

This post makes you sound like a knowledgeable Bills fan who can share stuff I’d enjoy reading.

CBFan and almaman like this

I re-ran Jacobs dunk about 10 times. That was an amazing NBA style in your face JAM! Someone earlier pointed out it was a great move. It was an Air Jordan move! Travis should highlight this with him and  say, do you realize how good you are? He brought the ball down like he was going to do the layup, D went for it, and then he JAMS it home in the blink of an eye. I'm listing that as one of the great Billiken JAMS of all time. He was a killer with that move. Please, wake up, Darius, and bring that shite every game! 

Zink likes this

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I re-ran Jacobs dunk about 10 times. That was an amazing NBA style in your face JAM! Someone earlier pointed out it was a great move. It was an Air Jordan move! Travis should highlight this with him and  say, do you realize how good you are? He brought the ball down like he was going to do the layup, D went for it, and then he JAMS it home in the blink of an eye. I'm listing that as one of the great Billiken JAMS of all time. He was a killer with that move. Please, wake up, Darius, and bring that shite every game! 

By my count, Jacobs has done the double clutch dunk on the baseline three times this year.  That's his signature move.

17 minutes ago, slu72 said:

yes, bring it jacobs all the way to the a10championship, if all the parts can come together bills can win it again

11 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

Are we sure Jimmy is ever going to be the just dunk it guy? Idk if his body is made that way. To me, I see it more likely that he continues to improve his touch inside the paint and starts making a lot of those bunnies. He already has the touch from 15 feet. That seems like a more natural development for him and more likely where we will see him in a couple years...which is a good thing. Haven’t had a big around here that could hit a jumper since Loe.

One other thing that I liked yesterday was Tay Weaver attacking some hard close outs and getting into the lane and making a few mid range jumpers. Nice to see him keeping the defense honest. Stuff like that is huge for a shorter guy like that. Gives him an extra couple split seconds to get his shots off.

Seriously? What about Bell makes you draw a comparison to Loe?  Did you even see Loe play?  Will Bell be considered a lesser player in your mind if he does not become a Euro big type player?

slufanskip likes this

2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Just ignore him. Don't give him the time of day. He'll eventually go away. He's attention starved and has nothing better to do with his time besides come here and talk $h!t. Just pretend he doesn't exist. He will leave quicker.

Just made a comment about a post.  It's up to you to respond or not, I don't mind either way.  Have a good evening.

31 minutes ago, Spoonball18 said:

Just made a comment about a post.  It's up to you to respond or not, I don't mind either way.  Have a good evening.

That's why you went on your cute little meme rant the other day? Because you don't care? If you're going to act like a normal person, I'm more than happy to have you posting on this board...even if I don't agree with you. If you're gonna behave like an ignorant 6th grader, I'll just put you on ignore and be done with it.

Clock_Tower likes this

8 hours ago, Bizziken said:

I really think Jacobs has the potential to he the star of this team once Goodwin and French graduate. He can shoot it from deep, he has a good mid-range game, and he can take it to the hoop.

His wingspan is absolutely absurd too. I know you can't teach a killer instinct, but he could still be a force on this squad. His passivity reminds me of Frank Williams from Illinois...there is a very fine line between being laid-back and being smoooooov.

He has all the talent in the world.  I just hope he can find the fire to use it.  He’ll have moments that make you think he’s going to be great.  Then will be a no show for a few games. To me he doesn’t show he has the desire to be special. I don’t expect much more than what he is giving right now.  Nothing personal I think it’s just his make up.  I hope he proves me wrong.  He could definitely take over a game at any time if he had the desire to.

17 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

That's why you went on your cute little meme rant the other day? Because you don't care? If you're going to act like a normal person, I'm more than happy to have you posting on this board...even if I don't agree with you. If you're gonna behave like an ignorant 6th grader, I'll just put you on ignore and be done with it.

You probably should have followed your own advice. It has worked for years on this board.

Ironic.  Silence after a 15 point league win at home.  Where are the comments about our margin of victory?   Where are the comments about Coach Ford and his skills as as an “in game” coach?  Have we just settled, once and for all with the LaSalle win, both of these topics?

Just want to know the rules. If we lose a game, then we take shots at Ford and our season is over?  And if we try something which doesn't work, or if a player or 2 has an off game, or if our opponent has a career performance, then it is OK to rip the coach ?  
But if we have a convincing 15 point win - crickets?

11 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Ironic.  Silence after a 15 point league win at home.  Where are the comments about our margin of victory?   Where are the comments about Coach Ford and his skills as as an “in game” coach?  Have we just settled, once and for all with the LaSalle win, both of these topics?

Just want to know the rules. If we lose a game, then we take shots at Ford and our season is over?  And if we try something which doesn't work, or if a player or 2 has an off game, or if our opponent has a career performance, then it is OK to rip the coach ?  
But if we have a convincing 15 point win - crickets?

Still definitely NOT MAD

Littlebill likes this

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Still definitely NOT MAD

Not mad. Tired of fair weathered fans who only post negative after a loss?  Win 9 of 10 and criticize only the 1 loss with no praise fir the 9 wins. 
Dont have to agree to agree with me.  This Board would be boring if all agreed about everything. Just asking asking for substance - - not personal attacks. 
Again, hearing none. 

2 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Seriously? What about Bell makes you draw a comparison to Loe?  Did you even see Loe play?  Will Bell be considered a lesser player in your mind if he does not become a Euro big type player?

I only drew a comparison to Loe and Bell about both being able to shoot the ball.  I didn’t say anything about Bell becoming a Euro Big or anything of the sort. I really clearly stated it. You’re not reading posts before you respond. 

And @HoosierPal good call. Forgot about Welmer. Sort of erased that season from my memory but yes he also was a good shooter.

52 minutes ago, slusam said:

You probably should have followed your own advice. It has worked for years on this board.

You're probably right. But I'm willing to give the guy a chance if he's willing to chill out.

23 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

I only drew a comparison to Loe and Bell about both being able to shoot the ball.  I didn’t say anything about Bell becoming a Euro Big or anything of the sort. I really clearly stated it. You’re not reading posts before you respond. 

And @HoosierPal good call. Forgot about Welmer. Sort of erased that season from my memory but yes he also was a good shooter.

Loe shot 3 pointers from the start here at SLU.  Loe got pushed around like a rag doll his Frosh and Soph year.  Bell does not get pushed around and has yet to attempt a 3 pointer.  Bell will never be a 3 point shooter. Also, Bell will never be our PG.  

As far as Bell’s game is concerned, he has lost all that weight, he made huge strides since got here and he already is more than you give him credit for - and yes, he will only get better. 

10 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Loe shot 3 pointers from the start here at SLU.  Loe got pushed around like a rag doll his Frosh and Soph year.  Bell does not get pushed around and has yet to attempt a 3 pointer.  Bell will never be a 3 point shooter. Also, Bell will never be our PG.  

As far as Bell’s game is concerned, he has lost all that weight, he made huge strides since got here and he already is more than you give him credit for - and yes, he will only get better. 

Again, I never claimed they were the same player. And i never said Bell will be shooting 3s. I just said it’ll be nice to have a big who can shoot mid range and spread the D a little. you’re just looking to disagree i think. Look up what a straw-man argument is when you have a sec.

20 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Again, I never claimed they were the same player. And i never said Bell will be shooting 3s. I just said it’ll be nice to have a big who can shoot mid range and spread the D a little. you’re just looking to disagree i think. Look up what a straw-man argument is when you have a sec.

No. I know you never claimed they were the same player. Tired of the back handed compliments.  What do you mean as Bell only being a dunk guy?  He already is more than that in this his Freshman year. Get off his back. If you want a big to shoot a mid range, ***** about Hankton - not Bell.  It wont be Bell this year and I would not count on it next year. By his JR year? Maybe. 

12 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

No. I know you never claimed they were the same player. Tired of the back handed compliments.  What do you mean as Bell only being a dunk guy?  He already is more than that in this his Freshman year. Get off his back. If you want a big to shoot a mid range, ***** about Hankton - not Bell.  It wont be Bell this year and I would not count on it next year. By his JR year? Maybe. 

Ahh gotcha you misunderstood my post. Probably a little clumsily worded on my part. I was saying bell isn’t going to be the “just dunk it guy” that people were asking him to be. (people have been saying whenever he gets a rebound...he needs to just dunk it) he’s already shown a good amount of skill and I fully expect that to continue. I am in no way ripping on JBJ. I was just offering my own opinion that he does show promise outside of just his size. I could see him being a really technically strong player over his tenure here.