GDT: vs LaSalle

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

One observation: Jimmy has to get a lot more aggressive on putbacks and layups. Like, JAM TIME, Jimmy! No reason a 6'10" guy should be missing bunnies. At least he made the FT's. Also, I think he may have a mid range game lurking in that locomotive somewhere. His form on FTs is pure. 

All the fans around me in section 101 were all talking about the first foul that should have been a and 1.  That was the foot away miss, they were encouraging Jimmy to jam it next time.

It is hard to understand why Jimmy misses so many close shots however it is encouraging when he goes 6 of 6 from the line.  I agree based on his free throw shooting he should have a mid range game and I would like Jimmy to test that this season.

Jimmy looked up at my wife and I and acknowledged us when we were cheering the team off the court going threw the tunnel.  The whole team was in a great mood coming off the court.

A shout out to the fan that found my wife’s wallet and turned it in, thank you so much we are grateful to you.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we sure Jimmy is ever going to be the just dunk it guy? Idk if his body is made that way. To me, I see it more likely that he continues to improve his touch inside the paint and starts making a lot of those bunnies. He already has the touch from 15 feet. That seems like a more natural development for him and more likely where we will see him in a couple years...which is a good thing. Haven’t had a big around here that could hit a jumper since Loe.

One other thing that I liked yesterday was Tay Weaver attacking some hard close outs and getting into the lane and making a few mid range jumpers. Nice to see him keeping the defense honest. Stuff like that is huge for a shorter guy like that. Gives him an extra couple split seconds to get his shots off.

I don't know if Jimmy can ever be the shooter Loe was, but his form on FTs looks smooth. Can he turn that into a mid range jumper? Obviously, he's not got a great vertical, or at least he's not shown it. Get him some weighted sneaks to practice in. 

Again, I'll raise the issue that Has should work on a short jumper. So obvious when he gets the ball 10-15' from the hoop the defender(s) know he's gonna try to get it to 2-3' for a little flip shot or a slam and they back up. They leave him virtually wide open for a jumper. 

CBFan and glazedandconfused like this

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

This is by far the best highlight package I’ve seen this year, or even the last three or four years. Most have too much non-game stuff and not enough Rammer and Earl commentary. This one was like the ones from 5-10 years ago which were very good.

Zink, dennis_w and Bizziken like this

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

I don't know if Jimmy can ever be the shooter Loe was, but his form on FTs looks smooth. Can he turn that into a mid range jumper? Obviously, he's not got a great vertical, or at least he's not shown it. Get him some weighted sneaks to practice in. 

Again, I'll raise the issue that Has should work on a short jumper. So obvious when he gets the ball 10-15' from the hoop the defender(s) know he's gonna try to get it to 2-3' for a little flip shot or a slam and they back up. They leave him virtually wide open for a jumper. 

It is odd why this hasn’t happened, but with Has’s free throw form so stiff and robotic, he may just not be able to pull a jump shooting form together. He’s an amazing athlete so it makes no sense that that would be the case, but I can’t figure any other explanation for it.

38 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

This is by far the best highlight package I’ve seen this year, or even the last three or four years. Most have too much non-game stuff and not enough Rammer and Earl commentary. This one was like the ones from 5-10 years ago which were very good.

Still can’t get over how good Jacobs dunk was.  Dude has crazy athleticism.

Zink and Crewsorlose like this

8 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

He does. Once he learns that he's got to play with JGood's motor, he could be special. 

Surprised Rammer didn't get more excited about Yurimania's assist on Perkins dunk. The NBC team ooohed and aaaahed over it, as Yurimania was not looking at Perkins. 

billiken_roy likes this

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Surprised Rammer didn't get more excited about Yurimania's assist on Perkins dunk. The NBC team ooohed and aaaahed over it, as Yurimania was not looking at Perkins. 

I was listening on the radio when the dunk happened in the game. Rammer and Earl were extremely impressed. They kept going back to it over the next few minutes to talk about how impressive Yuri’s pass was. 

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

I really think Jacobs has the potential to he the star of this team once Goodwin and French graduate. He can shoot it from deep, he has a good mid-range game, and he can take it to the hoop.

His wingspan is absolutely absurd too. I know you can't teach a killer instinct, but he could still be a force on this squad. His passivity reminds me of Frank Williams from Illinois...there is a very fine line between being laid-back and being smoooooov.

26 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

I really think Jacobs has the potential to he the star of this team once Goodwin and French graduate. He can shoot it from deep, he has a good mid-range game, and he can take it to the hoop.

His wingspan is absolutely absurd too. I know you can't teach a killer instinct, but he could still be a force on this squad. His passivity reminds me of Frank Williams from Illinois...there is a very fine line between being laid-back and being smoooooov.

He reminds me a lot of Aaron Henry (MSU).  He’s got all the tools, but just seems to be lacking that consistent competitive fire.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

He does. Once he learns that he's got to play with JGood's motor, he could be special. 

The pass was reminiscent of H Waldman.

1 hour ago, Bizziken said:

Jacobs is the ideal complimentary player for this team.  Yuri's the orchestrator, Jimerson can light it up and Jacobs takes with the defense gives him.  The identity of this team will be very different once Goodwin and French graduate.  We will be more skill and finesse than bully ball.