GDT: vs LaSalle

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

A whopping 52 fouls were called in this game, 30 on LaSalle, 22 on SLU. 

About 26 of them were bad calls, 26 weren't fouls at all, and 26 more that should have been called but weren't. They were 0-78 on foul calls today.

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Offense has been stagnant and he doesn't bring anything in the halfcourt except the occasional stickback. So far, he looks like a terrific straight line athlete but the combination of below average ball handling, shooting, and inability to create his own shot is limiting his minutes.

Plus, he has a sprained ankle.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Zebras needed to get that last foul call in SLU up 17 with 3 seconds left.  Need to call that.

This is when I got up and left. Those fuokers must have been paid by the tweet. I was sorely tempted to leave mucho times during the second half, something I never do even if we're losing bigly. That may have been the longest non-OT game I've ever attended. The first half, lotsa fun. The second half, lotsa free throws.

I don't blame or chastise ANYONE for leaving early today.

I was at the game with my wife, her daughter and grandson. He is 7, he is convinced he has to come to as many Bills games as he can because every time he comes to the game the Bills win. And win they did today. I know the refs tried hard to  give the game to LaSalle, at least in the second half, but did not succeed. We outplayed them, no OT this time. It was a nice game and however boring all the fouls called (whether deserved or not) did not derail the Bills. A win like this is a good thing to have, and I am glad we got it.

The game was pretty full with lots of children in the audience. Lots of enthusiasm all around, very loud. Good game, now to the next one.

By the way, the reason I am writing this so late is that my wife had a lot of her friends from the old SLU Chorale at the game and they all decided to get together after the game to have dinner and drink some wine. Both food and wine were had abundantly. We kind of just made it back from this celebration. And why not, it was a most worthy victory that needed it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/highlights-saint-louis-84-la-salle-69

Here's nbcsports' highlight package from the game. Mostly worthless but all I can find. I guess the video editor is a La Salle grad as it shows 11 made baskets, 6 by La Salle and 5 by us. The crazy Weaver hook shot and 4 dunks make up the SLU highlights.

Raises the question, why does nbcsports treat college hoops like a red-headed stepchild? I mean, I understand that curling and skateboarding replays are more popular but maybe they could at least have decent highlight packages.

One observation: Jimmy has to get a lot more aggressive on putbacks and layups. Like, JAM TIME, Jimmy! No reason a 6'10" guy should be missing bunnies. At least he made the FT's. Also, I think he may have a mid range game lurking in that locomotive somewhere. His form on FTs is pure.