Women's Basketball to host kids day

TJHawk

This note came home from my son's elementary school. I will be a volunteer chaperon for a group of 4th graders rocking my Billiken gear. It includes multiple school districts. I heard they are expecting 9,000 kids.

February 19-Billiken Books and Basketball Day at Chaifetz Arena 

Note from Mr. Velten (PE teacher) about this experience:

Recently I came across a unique field trip learning experience that I thought would be great for our 4th grade students at Avery.  PTO has graciously agreed to pay for busing, and the rest of the field trip is completely FREE.  What is this awesome field trip? It is called Billiken Books and Basketball Day at Chaifetz Arena, on the campus of Saint Louis University.  This event provides students with the opportunity to learn about living a healthy lifestyle at a hands on Health Fair. The Health Fair will be followed by watching a women’s collegiate basketball game between the SLU Billikens and Fordham University.  Tickets and lunch are both free and provided by Saint Louis University.

https://slubillikens.com/news/2016/1/27/210667688.aspx