O.T. Aquarium and no fudge?

BLIKNS

Had to work last Saturday,  listened to the game on 101 app. Had commercial  for the St. Louis Aquarium at Union Station?  Needless to say, out of towner, so looked at the website, didn't see anything about the Fudgery,  so they no longer make fudge there????   How is the Aquarium???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with all: Aquarium, Ferris Wheel, Ropes, and Maze are all great.   The mini golf course is fun also.  It is a quick play, but well laid out.  We saw it from the Ferris Wheel and went straight to it. 

And don't forget to visit the Whispering Arch at the Market Street entrance to the hotel.  My Father showed it to me.  He first experienced it when he shipped out from Union Station to the West Coast in WWII.

Reinert310 likes this

28 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Agree with all: Aquarium, Ferris Wheel, Ropes, and Maze are all great.   The mini golf course is fun also.  It is a quick play, but well laid out.  We saw it from the Ferris Wheel and went straight to it. 

And don't forget to visit the Whispering Arch at the Market Street entrance to the hotel.  My Father showed it to me.  He first experienced it when he shipped out from Union Station to the West Coast in WWII.

Is the mini golf course covered?

Can you play if it’s freezing cold out?

I can’t wait to go to the aquarium.

I need to get tickets in advance. The last few Saturday’s and Sunday’s I’ve checked but they’ve been sold out.

When I look early in the week for the weekend they are still available.

34 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Is the mini golf course covered?

Can you play if it’s freezing cold out?

I can’t wait to go to the aquarium.

I need to get tickets in advance. The last few Saturday’s and Sunday’s I’ve checked but they’ve been sold out.

When I look early in the week for the weekend they are still available.

No it is not covered but a little protected from the wind with fences.  It was cold when we played, probably just above freezing.  I played with gloves on.  But it is a fast play.  Every hole was occupied, but they do a good job staggering your start so there is no long wait at each hole.

dlarry likes this

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Oh Get it you want to get same pick with the wheel in it! dang been awhile since I've been up there but it seems lower view than 630'.

Yep.  I've photographed the Downtown St. Louis skyline from the eastern bank of the Mississippi and from the Eads Bridge over the East Riverfront MetroLink Station many times, but I've shot from the top of the Arch only that one time.  I'm guessing the Wheel isn't visible from those spots.

8 hours ago, Neighbor Dave said:

I had high hopes, but found the Aquarium to be hugely underwhelming.  It pales in comparison to others I've been to over the years. Still a good idea in terms of attempting to revitalize Union Station, but it was just very "meh".

thought the rocky mountains would be a little rockier 

8 hours ago, Neighbor Dave said:

I had high hopes, but found the Aquarium to be hugely underwhelming.  It pales in comparison to others I've been to over the years. Still a good idea in terms of attempting to revitalize Union Station, but it was just very "meh".

I have little anticipation regarding the Aquarium.  I have never been to one that I wanted to go back to see again.  I understand that this may just be me but honestly, it just fish swimming around.  Aquariums are always so expensive.  To be fair zoos don't have much appeal to me either.

10 hours ago, Neighbor Dave said:

I seen the aquariums in Chattanooga, Atlanta and New Orleans. All them I thought were pretty good, especially Chattanooga. Are those the ones you comparing them with? 

52 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I seen the aquariums in Chattanooga, Atlanta and New Orleans. All them I thought were pretty good, especially Chattanooga. Are those the ones you comparing them with? 

It's my understanding that our aquarium was never intended to compete with those (or Shedd in Chicago). 

I believe they also left room to expand down the road if the interest is there.  So the best thing we can do is support what we have.  

The Wheel is way more impressive than I expected. I found the Aquarium to be massively underwhelming, particularly for the cost. I have been to several of the major aquariums in other cities, and the one at Union Station is like Single A minor league ball compared to the Majors. It would literally need to increase its exhibits by at least 5 fold to compete with other urban aquariums. The good news is that there is plenty of space to expand it if they have the capital and desire to do so.