Littlebill

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

What did French do?! That was absolute trash 

He fought for position. It's certainly something that can be called. However, he did nothing that isn't done on 75% of the trips down the floor. To make that call right when we're coming back and French is starting to assert himself is a joke. 

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Wha?!

I'm just saying that because people always call it an over the back foul as if that's the foul. The act that caused the foul was for coming over the players back but the actual foul is just a pushing foul. There is no over the back foul

The danger of the refs protecting Dayton with phantom fouls is it they go into the Dance with a false sense of security.  When they're in a dogfight with a lower seed in the 2nd round, they're not going to have the referees to use as a crutch.  Our conference's best team has to be able to win tough games without help.  

Just now, slufanskip said:

I'm just saying that because people always call it an over the back foul as if that's the foul. The act that caused the foul was for coming over the players back but the actual foul is just a pushing foul. There is no over the back foul

I understood; I'm just saying that's news to me.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

The danger of the refs protecting Dayton with phantom fouls is it they go into the Dance with a false sense of security.  When they're in a dogfight with a lower seed in the 2nd round, they're not going to have the referees to use as a crutch.  Our conference's best team has to be able to win tough games without help.  

Yup!