GDT Obi Floppin and the Boyz

Littlebill

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The Bills actually grabbed a 1-point lead once or twice.

Twice however they climb back on being down 4 or 5 you are up more than just 1

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Twice however they climb back on being down 4 or 5 you are up more than just 1

No argument here.  However, between Dayton and the officials, there would always be just enough to keep the Bills at bay.  Didn't the Bills have a double-digit lead against the Flyers at Chaifetz?

We shot the same percentage at these guys, hit as many 3s as these guys and outrebounded them by 6.  But of course the refs sent them to the line 27 times to our 16.  And like was pointed out earlier, Obi "Hip Check" Toppin ended the game with zero fouls.  Our point guard was manhandled.  In a fairly officiated game, we win by 4-5 points.

jimbofive likes this

15 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I agree. I'm just saying just cause Perkins has some good games closing doesn't mean Goodwin can't do the same. They both have to be a threat if we are going to reach out potential. Sorry Just sour after that game. Wanted that

Yeah this was another tough one to take.  The biggest reason we lost is the turnover margin.  Even though I think I’m used to the Ft% and the amount of shots we miss within 2-3 feet of the basket, on games like this it drives me crazy. 

Speaking of Dayton and illegal screens...

Watching Memphis v. USF and they're calling much less egregious moving screens against ol' waste of space former sweater vest Brian Gregory's USF.

If they call those the way they should have, Toppin has 3 fouls, Dayton has 9 total turnovers, and Bills win.

Just now, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

I really hope we get these guys In the A-10 tourney, but we could get screwed by the refs again.

Oh, we're definitely going to get screwed again but if Bell can develop offensively between now and then, that may be enough to turn the tide.  He's done an excellent job of defending Toppin inside.  The next step is to make Toppin pay on the other end.

15 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

No argument here.  However, between Dayton and the officials, there would always be just enough to keep the Bills at bay.  Didn't the Bills have a double-digit lead against the Flyers at Chaifetz?

Yes they did and the bills then were down 5 and Goodwin tied it at the end of regulation.  I was also yelling at the refs from where I sit to stop protecting Dayton.

I guess the refs could have been completely obvious by calling the fouls only on the Billikens.  I yelled at the refs constantly about the Toppin moving screens.

I believe in fair play and I do not want the Billikens opponents to get hosed by officials.  I have seen it before when opponents get hosed the win means nothing to me.

We have argued enough about the officiating motives I prefer the posts when you bust me on grammar and spelling and correct me it is good humor I enjoy that.

Have a great Saturday and I look forward to reading your GDT posts during the LaSalle game.

7 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Yes they did and the bills then were down 5 and Goodwin tied it at the end of regulation.  I was also yelling at the refs from where I sit to stop protecting Dayton.

I guess the refs could have been completely obvious by calling the fouls only on the Billikens.  I yelled at the refs constantly about the Toppin moving screens.

I believe in fair play and I do not want the Billikens opponents to get hosed by officials.  I have seen it before when opponents get hosed the win means nothing to me.

We have argued enough about the officiating motives I prefer the posts when you bust me on grammar and spelling and correct me it is good humor I enjoy that.

Have a great Saturday and I look forward to reading your GDT posts during the LaSalle game.

Please don't read my posts to mean I want the officials to "protect" the Billikens.  Because they never seem to favor SLU, I don't think they should exhibit any bias against the Billikens, either.

The fact that Dayton is ranked 6th in the country is more of an indicator of the lower quality teams in college basketball this year than the quality of them. They’re a good team, but they’re not some transcendent team. 
My other Dayton take is that Toppin isn’t their best player. That’s Crutcher. If they run into a game in the NCAA tournament where Toppin starts getting called for the moving screens and they play a team with guards to match up well with their guards, they’re in trouble.