Day over The Bills by 15

The Wiz

Dayton, from Section 112, Row E ....

I'm only going to make one comment ..... at the 9:43 mark,  one of the three blind mice, make a call and attributes a second foul to Jalen Crutcher.  Bell goes to the line.  Crutcher was in the scrum as I recall.  Bell makes the first free throw.  Crutcher is standing at halfcourt, discussing things with a ref, right in front of me right in front of the CBSSN announcers.  Ref blows whistle, stops game, delays Bell,and goes to review the tape.  He then chnages the foul to Tshimanaga.  Bell makes second throw.

Someone smarter than me needs to explain this.  I know certain parts of the game, at certain times, allow for video review.  But at the essential start of the second quarter?  Initiated by a player on the opposing team?  Grant didn't ask for it.  There was no excessive violent play involved.  How can that be?  I'm not saying the game is forever changed but Tshimanga is a slug, a non-player.  Crutcher likely has to sit with two fouls for the rest of the half.  I'd rather face Dayton without Crutcher and will take Tshimanga any time.  Plus, did the ref that chnaged the call make the foul call to begin with?  He was the only guy to go over and 'review' it.  To my recollection, no other review was done.  Refs make 'wrong' calls all the time.  Look at the foul they gave French when Perkins really hit the guys arm.  

The fact French fouled out and both Perkins and Collins had four while Toppin, he of the constant illegal screen and pushing off, had no fouls all game ---- that changed call initiated by an opposing player at a time when video review was not needed, was the harbinger of the crap we were going to endure.

54 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Dayton, from Section 112, Row E ....

I'm only going to make one comment ..... at the 9:43 mark,  one of the three blind mice, make a call and attributes a second foul to Jalen Crutcher.  Bell goes to the line.  Crutcher was in the scrum as I recall.  Bell makes the first free throw.  Crutcher is standing at halfcourt, discussing things with a ref, right in front of me right in front of the CBSSN announcers.  Ref blows whistle, stops game, delays Bell,and goes to review the tape.  He then chnages the foul to Tshimanaga.  Bell makes second throw.

Someone smarter than me needs to explain this.  I know certain parts of the game, at certain times, allow for video review.  But at the essential start of the second quarter?  Initiated by a player on the opposing team?  Grant didn't ask for it.  There was no excessive violent play involved.  How can that be?  I'm not saying the game is forever changed but Tshimanga is a slug, a non-player.  Crutcher likely has to sit with two fouls for the rest of the half.  I'd rather face Dayton without Crutcher and will take Tshimanga any time.  Plus, did the ref that chnaged the call make the foul call to begin with?  He was the only guy to go over and 'review' it.  To my recollection, no other review was done.  Refs make 'wrong' calls all the time.  Look at the foul they gave French when Perkins really hit the guys arm.  

The fact French fouled out and both Perkins and Collins had four while Toppin, he of the constant illegal screen and pushing off, had no fouls all game ---- that changed call initiated by an opposing player at a time when video review was not needed, was the harbinger of the crap we were going to endure.

Your recall is correct except Crutcher was not involved in the play. 

I rewatched the tape.  I got the time wrong but the sequence was correct.  Tshimanga was on the baseline side of Bell; Cructchef the side.  Crutcher’s hand was slapping down in the mix.  The point is not who fouled Bell.  Rather the point is how can a player tell a ref to go review a call?  Why couldn’t every player do that on every foul?  Only in Dayton.  Why is the ref taking orders from Crutcher.  That’s my point.