GDT: Duquesne, Act II

Taj79

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Out of curiosity, what A10 teams do our fans hate the most? For me, it's Davidson and St. B's. I feel we should wax them every game, but we don't. Losing to any opponent hurts, but for some reason losing to these two just ticks me off. 

For me it's Dayton and VCU, but that's more out of interaction with their fans, but both rivalries are still fun. But you're point is well taken. Never thought it that way til you mentioned it.

37 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

For me it's Dayton and VCU, but that's more out of interaction with their fans, but both rivalries are still fun. But you're point is well taken. Never thought it that way til you mentioned it.

I expect Dayton and VCU to be good every year and know they will be tough games. St. B's bothers me because I don't know how Schmidt gets any decent player to go there, yet he's had some good ones. The best I can figure his players must really love snowmobiling. Davidson's got an enrollment of 1800 kids, a campus that is a haven for the wealthy kids that didn't get into an Ivy, and set in a post card picture little town. It's not really the bright lights of big city schools.  McKillop goes to the ends of the earth to get good foreign players, then gets just enough good/great (S. Curry) American players to go along with them and wins in a very methodical fashion. Not much flash, not much dash, but they'll kill you from the outside and their spacing on O is about as perfect as it gets. Both these schools are irritating to play... and losing to them just bugs the hell out of me. 

Reinert310 likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Out of curiosity, what A10 teams do our fans hate the most? For me, it's Davidson and St. B's. I feel we should wax them every game, but we don't. Losing to any opponent hurts, but for some reason losing to these two just ticks me off. 

I hate the damned Bonnies worst of all.  Middle of nowhere, drunk bus drivers, brownindians, never great but always good enough to put a thumb in your eye or nail you with that shiv they always have stashed in their shirts.....

VCU, Dayton, and Rhode Island are usually good enough to hate them if you lose to them but I've yet to run into truly horrible fans from those schools.  Dayton fans like to treat Bills fans like Xavier fans treat them and there are some similarities there........    

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

VCU.

Dayton fans have been around for a long time, so they earned respect in some degree. VCU fans are a cult, a cult that is really annoying with their weirdly designed large high school gym. 

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

VCU.

Dayton fans have been around for a long time, so they earned respect in some degree. VCU fans are a cult, a cult that is really annoying with their weirdly designed large high school gym. 

They got that creepy dude who travels around the country in his sketchy van wearing Rams horns.  A bunch of weirdos.

wgstl and Littlebill like this

25 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Duquesne tonight at home at Chaifetz Arena is yet another absolutely must win for SLU.  

Really, aren't they all, or at least close to it?  Irrespective, this one really is a must win for SLU.

Let's Go Bills!

Some teams we're clustered with at 6-3 are winning against the lower tier teams with relative ease in most cases, while we're having to scrap for every W no matter who we play. This scares me a little about tonight's game. We've got to find that magic formula we used in the SVU game. Even though we lost, we played a great game. Bring it tonight, Bills! 

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Those 2 go without saying. But even more than them... Marquette. They deserve some serious bad Karma. They screwed us twice. 

The warriors and the tigers will always be my two least favorite, love to see them fail, hoping to see them wallowing in freakish misery, teams......  

Challenging weather night tonight I work around Olive and 170 so the trip to Chaifetz  in my 3/4 ton will be okay but the wife driving the Pathfinder from Perryville to make the game will have some issues, I hope she makes it she is a good partner in crime at the games.

Does anyone know if the visiting stretch 4 recruit is attending the game?

If the recruit is attending I will look up his name and yell we want him during the game.

I hope a lot of fans show up and does not let the weather keep them from attending this is a huge game plus there are only a few home games left.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

In other conferences my most hated rivals were Cincinnati & Xavier (suck it, Ohio) but since we joined the A-10 it has most definitely been Duquesne.  I hate playing Rhode Island and Richmond too, but we always seem to get the Dukes twice a year-and never sweep them.  Why not, Dayton?  It's the only rivalry that feels real and I like that.  We are so far away from everyone else.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Challenging weather night tonight I work around Olive and 170 so the trip to Chaifetz  in my 3/4 ton will be okay but the wife driving the Pathfinder from Perryville to make the game will have some issues, I hope she makes it she is a good partner in crime at the games.

Does anyone know if the visiting stretch 4 recruit is attending the game?

If the recruit is attending I will look up his name and yell we want him during the game.

I hope a lot of fans show up and does not let the weather keep them from attending this is a huge game plus there are only a few home games left.

Well, the snowy weather ought to make our Swedish/Viking recruit feel right at home. 

42 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Well, the snowy weather ought to make our Swedish/Viking recruit feel right at home. 

It appears to be a false alarm still no snow at my location so the Swedish recruit will not be impressed with the weather people or will be confused that we call rain in winter snow.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

It appears to be a false alarm still no snow at my location so the Swedish recruit will not be impressed with the weather people or will be confused that we call rain in winter snow.

Too bad they could have given him a pair of blue snowshoes to get to the Fetz. 

CBFan likes this