OT: Fordham

Deutschkind

https://www.blackburnreview.com/2020/02/04/thats-enough-fordham/

Somewhat interesting story about Fordham's futility. Of note, they've apparently won 99 conference games in 25 years, while VCU has already gotten to 95.

Favorite line, though, is actually more about VCU: "Fordham used to have a simplistic fan forum online as well, when you go there today, it’s shut down by the moderator, which I later found out was because he got truly tired of dealing with hateful nonsense from VCU fans. I know many of you will find this incredibly difficult to believe."

wgstl and Littlebill like this

1 hour ago, Deutschkind said:

Favorite line, though, is actually more about VCU: "Fordham used to have a simplistic fan forum online as well, when you go there today, it’s shut down by the moderator, which I later found out was because he got truly tired of dealing with hateful nonsense from VCU fans. I know many of you will find this incredibly difficult to believe."

haha.

Im in favor of dropping them and just keeping the league at 13 for a bit.  Losing them would still make our conference rating stronger. 

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

haha.

Im in favor of dropping them and just keeping the league at 13 for a bit.  Losing them would still make our conference rating stronger. 

Fordham needs to leave ASAP.  They suck. I don't feel bad for sh!tting on them. They do no good and only harm the conference. 

I am not here to defend Fordham's athletic program.  However, they have maybe the top woman's softball team in the A10, something like 7 or 8 champions last decade, and a decent men's soccer program.  They made the NCAA quarterfinals in 2017 and have three NCAA tourney appearances this past decade. There is more to this than men's hoops.

Don't really care if they go or stay. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I am not here to defend Fordham's athletic program.  However, they have maybe the top woman's softball team in the A10, something like 7 or 8 champions last decade, and a decent men's soccer program.  They made the NCAA quarterfinals in 2017 and have three NCAA tourney appearances this past decade. There is more to this than men's hoops.

All of those things are bonuses, no one is saying they have to win the A10, but they cant be a bottom feeder every single year. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The most visible sport is men's basketball. In the A-10, the buck stops on the basketball court (men and women).

2 winning A10 seasons in 24+ years. An unmitigated disaster. 

They’ve got a number of good options including MAAC and NEC. But Patriot might make the most sense, as some have mentioned, since they’re already a football member and have existing rivalries/history there. 

• 2 weeks later...