GDT: Saint Joseph’s

5 minutes ago, disgruntledbilliken said:

The lack of scoring from Bell and Hargrove is driving me nuts!

Bell played 10 minutes and was  0-2. Hard to blame a guy for lack of scoring when he only plays 10. He had 3 boards and an assist. Hargrove played 5. 

We're 17-5 just curious wtf are you disgruntled about?

CBFan likes this

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, almaman said:

On that point where were we with him coming out of HS?

No.  He had a good summer of AAU ball heading into his Senior year.  He played alongside Levi Stockard.  Couple D1s were interested but his grades prevented anything from going further.  He wanted to stay close to home anyway.  So it all worked out perfectly.

I think tonight was a good opportunity to speed up the game.  Playing slow played to daly  imo.  It also gave st Joe's time and opportunity to guard the lane.  

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

No.  He had a good summer of AAU ball heading into his Senior year.  He played alongside Levi Stockard.  Couple D1s were interested but his grades prevented anything from going further.  He wanted to stay close to home anyway.  So it all worked out perfectly.

Working out perfectly might have meant having Perkins in Billiken blue for another year or two. 

2 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

People who took potshots in the past on this board at Coach314 need to go to confession, he broke the news that Perkins was coming way before anyone else...knows his stuff.

CBFan likes this

13 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I'll say. Thanks

Watching Perkins tonight was special.  I’m not sure we’ve had a Billiken in the last 10 years that can score at all three levels like he can.  Knocks down threes, reliable at midrange, and can attack the hoop/rebound.  Tommy Liddell comes to mind in terms of skill set. Credit to Ford and his staff for scouting locally and finding this kid. 

DOC likes this

Our best free-throw shooting since Maryville (76.7%). Best of the season against DI.

Also, La Salle (47.1%) and Saint Joe's (45.5%) have been our best 3 point shooting of the season other than the clinic Jacobs and Jimerson co-hosted against Tulane. 

So, while understandable why coach said we didn't play our best in Philly, at least some parts of our game came together there. 

1350081755_ScreenShot2020-02-01at9_40_18PM.png.2b9c19ff7f06bb3a23d4f83ee3abc92d.png

36 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

I love Javonte Perkins. This is all. 

Becoming a fan too.  That's after being a bit upset with his early season shot selection which was bad.  But man, he's pretty much corrected that, passing the ball when there isn't a good shot.  Playing team ball ..... I like it.

slufanskip likes this

3 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Becoming a fan too.  That's after being a bit upset with his early season shot selection which was bad.  But man, he's pretty much corrected that, passing the ball when there isn't a good shot.  Playing team ball ..... I like it.

Same.  Make no mistake, we won tonight because of him.  Quickly becoming my favorite player right up there with JGood

15 minutes ago, Fraz42 said:

Watching Perkins tonight was special.  I’m not sure we’ve had a Billiken in the last 10 years that can score at all three levels like he can.  Knocks down threes, reliable at midrange, and can attack the hoop/rebound.  Tommy Liddell comes to mind in terms of skill set. Credit to Ford and his staff for scouting locally and finding this kid. 

4. Free throws

VeniceMenace likes this

8 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Going to be difficult for him since he does not have the size and strength to go along with the speed that Jett had.

I could see Yuri developing into more of Kwamain with his shooting/playmaking than Jett with his physicality/athleticism 

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The Bills appear to be only six deep, based on who Coach Ford is giving any significant playing time today:  Goodwin, French, Collins, Jacobs, Perkins, and Weaver.

And today Goodwin is shooting so poorly.

Today?  Wasn't he something like 4 of 19 in the Lasalle game?  He is not a good shooter, but he is a good scorer.  Probably 30-40 % of his points from the floor have to come on rebound putbacks, but I do want them.  Keep hitting the boards JG.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Just another wild night in the ABA.

Speaking of the ABA, some of you older guys might remember Wendell Ladner. Daly is the second coming of Ladner. One look and you’d think neither could play but both flat-out ballers.