GDT: Saint Joseph’s

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost at SJU by 30 last season.

This was not a strong road trip but we came away with two wins.

My only complaints tonight are that we need to finish at the basket and we need to guard the perimeter. Both of those are oversimplifying a bit but they're the areas of improvement.

Ryan Daly is a great player and unfortunately he still has another year of eligibility.

Perkins was obviously the star of the game. Collins, Jacobs, and French were good too, aside from French being relatively inefficient finishing. Not a great night for Goodwin.

If my count is correct, that's the 75th time a SLU player has scored 30 or more in a game. Only 25 of those scored more than 33, so he's tied for the 26th-best scoring game in SLU history.

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Every conference road game is a battle.  Conventional wisdom may be sweeping LaSalle and St. Joe's is no big deal.  But the two road wins really are important.  Conference road wins are golden.

This. Roadies are tough games. Take it without any gripes or whining. 

8 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Shout out to @Coach314 who told us about Perkins coming to SLU and what kind of player he is.

I was down at Vashon watching them play but someone texted me about Javonte.  He's been a scorer since 4th grade lol.  He just needed to get comfortable with the squad.  Figure out his role.  Proud of him.

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We lost at SJU by 30 last season.

This was not a strong road trip but we came away with two wins.

My only complaints tonight are that we need to finish at the basket and we need to guard the perimeter. Both of those are oversimplifying a bit but they're the areas of improvement.

Ryan Daly is a great player and unfortunately he still has another year of eligibility.

Perkins was obviously the star of the game. Collins, Jacobs, and French were good too, aside from French being relatively inefficient finishing. Not a great night for Goodwin.

If my count is correct, that's the 75th time a SLU player has scored 30 or more in a game. Only 25 of those scored more than 33, so he's tied for the 26th-best scoring game in SLU history.

The 3 at 62 from Daly was 4-5 behind the line and the one at 65 was coming around a screen off balance with a hand in his face. I bet he had 3-4 3ptrs from at least 3 ft behind the line. 

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Well what can I say, Daly had the game of his life countered by Perkins. No one can fault Perkin's FT throwing in this game. Goodwin was largely neutered. Not a clean game, not a game we dominated. Still a win is a win and this one goes in to the W column. Well done Bills. Now onto the next one. Go Bills!

FIFY.  i say all this knowing goodwin can sack up and bring the ruckus next game, but he barely showed up to a game against a 4-17 team.

2 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I was down at Vashon watching them play but someone texted me about Javonte.  He's been a scorer since 4th grade lol.  He just needed to get comfortable with the squad.  Figure out his role.  Proud of him.

out of reactions, good post.

5 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

The regression of Goodwin-French is just as important than Perkins ascending 

Every team now focuses 1st on keeping goodwin and French from scoring in the lane.  Even tonite French got 8 of his points on putbacks of his own misses.  Need perkins and Jacob's to continue to pick up the slack.  They were our stars tonite and likely need to keep doing until teams start playing us straight up.

We won.  That's the main thing considering the game daly had

1 minute ago, disgruntledbilliken said:

The lack of scoring from Bell and Hargrove is driving me nuts!

Our 17-5 record makes me happy

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Every team now focuses 1st on keeping goodwin and French from scoring in the lane.  Even tonite French got 8 of his points on putbacks of his own misses.  Need perkins and Jacob's to continue to pick up the slack.  They were our stars tonite and likely need to keep doing until teams start playing us straight up.

Goodwin was awful. 

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Saw Daly having a career game from a mile away and we still won. I’ll take it 

Just now, jimbofive said:

gotta be impartial sometimes, roy.  1-7, several boneheaded plays, everybody has a bad game.  we'll be on our knees next dub-dub, dontchu worry.

Right

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Just another wild night in the ABA.

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Nailed it—Perkins and Jacobs ... Weaver will have to nail a 3 every now and then.

David King and billiken_roy like this