GDT: Explorin the bubble

Littlebill

42 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Please stop. 

Don't agree with this. Old guy hit the nail on the head with a perfect description of the problem. I was in the midst of posting something similar, although Old guy's is better than what I had in mind, when my son called me last night to discuss the game and I forgot about it.

SLU_Nick likes this

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Don't agree with this. Old guy hit the nail on the head with a perfect description of the problem. I was in the midst of posting something similar, although Old guy's is better than what I had in mind, when my son called me last night to discuss the game and I forgot about it.

Personally I find it gross to speculate about injuries and other people’s health. 

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

A partial dislocation is basically a subluxation, the joint if not totally out (with joint surfaces not in contact), but only partially out (and sometimes very slightly out of place although painful). Usually these come back into place by themselves, BUT (if this is what he has) the ligaments can become stretched and that can cause repeated episodes with play. We will see.

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If you don't like what he posts, put him on ignore.  The majority of the board appreciates his insight.

Or I can express my opinion on the matter and plead with him to stop recklessly speculating on a human beings health because it’s a message board and that’s what it’s built for. 

slufan13 and RUBillsFan like this

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Or I can express my opinion on the matter and plead with him to stop recklessly speculating on a human beings health because it’s a message board and that’s what it’s built for. 

Just Stop Please!

Old Guy, please continue. Simply ignore these frat boys.

As much as I would like to complain about how ugly the game was and how we should won in regulation, etc. etc. etc. I just can't do it. 

Bottom line: We won a conference game on the road with 2 Freshman and a Walk On playing the entire overtime period and accounting for 7 of the 10 points scored in the OT period. Usually when a team has control of a game in regulation and it ends of going to OT that team is stunned and doesn't recover mentally, this team did that and then some playing with great confidence and poise in OT. Did they make some mistakes? Sure, but they came together as a TEAM and found a way to win under trying circumstances. Hats off to the veteran leaders on this team and the coaching staff, you can't win a game like that unless without calm, cool leadership. 

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

Hankton does not have a firm diagnosis of an uncommon disorder as Thatch has. Whatever is wrong with him has resulted in very little play over the 2 years he has been with the team.

I mean that we have no idea when we’ll see him

1 minute ago, MichaelC said:

As much as I would like to complain about how ugly the game was and how we should won in regulation, etc. etc. etc. I just can't do it. 

Bottom line: We won a conference game on the road with 2 Freshman and a Walk On playing the entire overtime period and accounting for 7 of the 10 points scored in the OT period. Usually when a team has control of a game in regulation and it ends of going to OT that team is stunned and doesn't recover mentally, this team did that and then some playing with great confidence and poise in OT. Did they make some mistakes? Sure, but they came together as a TEAM and found a way to win under trying circumstances. Hats off to the veteran leaders on this team and the coaching staff, you can't win a game like that unless without calm, cool leadership. 

I give Goodwin quite a bit of grief for his poor decision making(a part of leadership) as it pertains to fouling, he was very good in OT. God bless Has for somehow staying in the game. 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

I give Goodwin quite a bit of grief for his poor decision making(a part of leadership) as it pertains to fouling, he was very good in OT. God bless Has for somehow staying in the game. 

Mentioned it a couple of times in the GDT, but Has looked sluggish.  Not necessarily hurt, but like he was sick.  Just didn't appear to have the same energy he usually has.  

4 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Croswell throws the forearm right into the back of Jacobs and just pushes his down the lane. That’s such an easy call can’t believe they missed it. 

And the ref that calls the foul seems to indicate it occurred around the A10 logo.  Unbelievably bad.  

55 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Mentioned it a couple of times in the GDT, but Has looked sluggish.  Not necessarily hurt, but like he was sick.  Just didn't appear to have the same energy he usually has.  

I only noticed this comment after he had four fouls - he was clearly tentative after the fourth foul, so that could've been it.

10 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Croswell throws the forearm right into the back of Jacobs and just pushes his down the lane. That’s such an easy call can’t believe they missed it. 

5 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

And the ref that calls the foul seems to indicate it occurred around the A10 logo.  Unbelievably bad.  

The ref thought DJ undercut Croswell. That's the only explanation. There's no way to watch that video today and think otherwise, though. And the most confusing part is that the call doesn't come from the ref under the basket - who did not look like he was going to blow the whistle at all on that play - but from the sideline ref on the camera side. So he saw what we saw, and he saw Croswell initiate contact, lean way in, and throw his forearm into DJ's back. And he called it like he was saving the day. It's insane.

The overall foul disparity was puzzling, too. It was a physical game and they let a lot go - but especially when we were on offense. When we were on defense, some of the stuff being let go at the other end was called. Going into OT, fouls were 21-13 and there's no way the game was that physically imbalanced (there were two fouls in OT, both on La Salle).

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

I woke up this morning and still can’t figure out what they were looking at. 

I didn't have audio when watching, but when the play stopped on a foul call, my reaction was - great, foul on them, our ball. I couldn't believe the foul was called on Jacobs. I was watching on a tiny phone screen and even I could clearly see that Croswell absolutely steamrolled Jacobs. And the non-foul on Yuri's drive was equally bad. I tend not to get too worked up about the officials and think fans can overestimate the negative impact on their team, but last night the officiating was truly brutal. The foul disparity kept LaSalle in the game. In the final minute of overtime, when Goodwin is shooting free throws, we were still not in the double bonus. Good to escape with a W.

When UConn moves back to the big east if the AAC expands I hope SLU bids to get in the AAC leave the A10.

Thinking about last nights game in a better frame of mind with 4 injured players and being in foul trouble our team gutted it out and won.  With a few exceptions I did not think the officiating was that bad I thought our players committed too many bad fouls that put them at risk with the A10 officiating calling bad fouls that would affect the outcome of the game.

Our team won with only 4 scholarship players on the floor and a walk on that made a game changing steal that resulted in a layup and one, amazing.

Some say it was a bad win which makes no sense to me with a road conference game, this was not a directional school 300 rated non conference win.

Get well soon Mr. Weaver our team needs you as soon as possible.

10 minutes ago, CBFan said:

When UConn moves back to the big east if the AAC expands I hope SLU bids to get in the AAC leave the A10.

I think the AAC has a decent chance to crumble. 

My reason is because the B12 has to make a move in the next few years, and its best options are some of the main teams out of that conference.  Its going to go after Tulane, Cincinnati, Memphis and Houston.  Those three have a stronghold financially on the conference. I wouldn't be shocked to see some sort of A10/AAC merger for at least a few teams. 

Give me:

SLU

Dayton

VCU

Wichita state

Bonnies

Rhode Island

Richmond

davidson

umass

ECU

and a few others

CBFan likes this

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I think the AAC has a decent chance to crumble. 

My reason is because the B12 has to make a move in the next few years, and its best options are some of the main teams out of that conference.  Its going to go after Tulane, Cincinnati, and Houston.  Those three have a stronghold financially on the conference. I wouldn't be shocked to see some sort of A10/AAC merger for at least a few teams. 

SMU?

1 minute ago, GBL_Bills said:

SMU?

SMU could be a possibility .  But they already have one Dallas metro team, and SMU lacks a basketball program. B12 needs Houston market, and Houston has been great in basketball lately.