Bubble Watch 2020

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

It was on YouTube but I posted the link here and it got taken down almost immediately for copyright. It was a CBS broadcast so no ESPN+. I know there’s at least one person on this board that has it but getting it to a digital file is the complication. I have it but my copy has no sound 

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't want anyone to put in too much work of converting it to digital file if it's a hassle. I'll keep searching. But thanks again for the help.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

17spots left

ALMOST IN: USC
TIER ONE:  Wisconsin, Texas Tech

TIER TWO: Michigan, St Mary’s, Indiana

TIER THREE: Arkansas, BYU, Memphis, NC State, Florida, Virginia, Rhody, VCU , Minnesota, Stanford

TIER FOUR: N. Iowa, Oklahoma, Alabama,  VTech, Purdue, Yale, and St Louis

TIER FIVE: Tulsa, Miss St, Cincy, Xavier, Texas, DePaul, ETSU, and Richmond

ALMOST OUT: Arizona State and Washington (play each other Saturday, loser has no chance)

Tiers one to three (17 teams) are in the tournament, Tiers four and five are trying to get in with those in four slightly closer.

Bills are back end Tier four, low end tier five

As much as I don't like it, I wonder if North Carolina needs to be on this list.  You know the NCAA wants them in the tournament and will use the excuse that the lost a bunch of games because Cole Anthony was hurt.  He's close to returning now.  If they play better down the stretch and maybe win one of their 2 remaining games vs Duke, the selection committee will give them a bid even with like a 18-15 record and a low NET going into the tournament.

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

As much as I don't like it, I wonder if North Carolina needs to be on this list.  You know the NCAA wants them in the tournament and will use the excuse that the lost a bunch of games because Cole Anthony was hurt.  He's close to returning now.  If they play better down the stretch and maybe win one of their 2 remaining games vs Duke, the selection committee will give them a bid even with like a 18-15 record and a low NET going into the tournament.

they would catch a lot of heat if they let them in based on current play. 

10 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

17spots left

ALMOST IN: USC
TIER ONE:  Wisconsin, Texas Tech

TIER TWO: Michigan, St Mary’s, Indiana

TIER THREE: Arkansas, BYU, Memphis, NC State, Florida, Virginia, Rhody, VCU , Minnesota, Stanford

TIER FOUR: N. Iowa, Oklahoma, Alabama,  VTech, Purdue, Yale, and St Louis

TIER FIVE: Tulsa, Miss St, Cincy, Xavier, Texas, DePaul, ETSU, and Richmond

ALMOST OUT: Arizona State and Washington (play each other Saturday, loser has no chance)

Tiers one to three (17 teams) are in the tournament, Tiers four and five are trying to get in with those in four slightly closer.

Bills are back end Tier four, low end tier five

Xavier getting a double digit win on the road at SH moves them up to Tier 1 I would imagine. 

7 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Xavier getting a double digit win on the road at SH moves them up to Tier 1 I would imagine. 

Nah. Probably upper tier four, Putting them as the first team out. Although as more games are played today they will probably move up further as teams ahead lose. That was a huge win for their resume. 

RiseAndGrind likes this

12 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Nah. Probably upper tier four, Putting them as the first team out. Although as more games are played today they will probably move up further as teams ahead lose. That was a huge win for their resume. 

Do I want a Wisconsin win or loss? 

14 hours ago, wgstl said:

they would catch a lot of heat if they let them in based on current play. 

I'm not talking about current play.  I'm talking about if they play well down the stretch with Cole Anthony healthy.  They were 6-3 with him to start the year with neutral site wins over Alabama and Oregon and losses to Michigan, Ohio St, and Virginia.  With him out, they went 4 -7 including losses at home to Wofford, Georgia Tech, Pitt, and Clemson.  He's supposed to be possibly come back today.  They have 11 games left in the regular season.  I'm fairly certain the selection committee will be forgiving of those games without him.  The good news is that they have a lot of tough games to finish out the year (H & H vs Duke, @ FSU, @ Louisville, @ Syracuse, @ Notre Dame) so unless they're able to steal some of those games they could play a lot better and still not have a great record down the stretch.

Edit: UNC dropped a home game to BC in Anthony’s 1st game back.  They’re still trash and I’m not sure even a totally biased selection committee can get them in.  Carry on.

Edited by RUBillsFan

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Doubly bad game for SLU in that it was our prior opponent SH being beaten by a bubble team X.  Yikes.  Looks like Myles Powell had a rare off night shooting the ball (1-9 from 3).  

26 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Honestly just get to 24 wins and we have a chance given how much  all the other teams keep losing

Ehhhh, they'll just put all the Big 10 teams in and give some of them two entries in the tournament.

3 hours ago, jimbofive said:

Ehhhh, they'll just put all the Big 10 teams in and give some of them two entries in the tournament.

Does this surprise you Jimbo? Remember the NCAA is making corrections to make sure the "right" teams are in. No surprise here.

BYU beat St. Mary's last night at BYU.  Big win for Tulsa over Wichita State...How many teams will the American get in?

The way I am looking at the A10 today:  How likely is it that the league can get 4 teams in the NCAA?  Not very in my opinion.

Dayton is in unless they lose out.  Rhode Island has two games left with Dayton.  Win one and they are likely in.  Lose both, they still have a shot.  They have UMass twice, Fordham and GW. 

VCU is still in position for a bid. They have Davidson twice, Richmond away, Dayton at home, and the Bills.  Today they are at NET 36, in the tourney. 

It is too early to count Richmond out. Today they sit at NET 56.  When Francis comes back, depending on how quickly he can get back up to speed, they could be big a factor. They have an 'easy' schedule with the aforementioned VCU game, and trips to Olean and Pittsburgh.

So we need to defeat VCU here, and probably either Rhode Island or Dayton away, a difficult task.  That would put the A10 in a somewhat interesting conversation of a top team followed by three to four others all worthy. 

Today, there are five A10 teams still alive for probably three spots, with the obvious asterisk for an A10 Tourney winner outside this group.

30 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The way I am looking at the A10 today:  How likely is it that the league can get 4 teams in the NCAA?  Not very in my opinion.

Dayton is in unless they lose out.  Rhode Island has two games left with Dayton.  Win one and they are likely in.  Lose both, they still have a shot.  They have UMass twice, Fordham and GW. 

VCU is still in position for a bid. They have Davidson twice, Richmond away, Dayton at home, and the Bills.  Today they are at NET 36, in the tourney. 

It is too early to count Richmond out. Today they sit at NET 56.  When Francis comes back, depending on how quickly he can get back up to speed, they could be big a factor. They have an 'easy' schedule with the aforementioned VCU game, and trips to Olean and Pittsburgh.

So we need to defeat VCU here, and probably either Rhode Island or Dayton away, a difficult task.  That would put the A10 in a somewhat interesting conversation of a top team followed by three to four others all worthy. 

Today, there are five A10 teams still alive for probably three spots, with the obvious asterisk for an A10 Tourney winner outside this group.

I agree with this.  We need to beat VCU and either URI or Dayton on the road, and I'll add, to have the best shot, Beat Dayton.

20 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Honestly just get to 24 wins and we have a chance given how much  all the other teams keep losing

I hope you are right.  Here's my best guess at a path to 24 W's:  16 as of this morning (remember that Maryville doesn't count); 8 more as follows:DUQ, LAS, @UMASS, VCU, SJ, @ GM, STB and 1 A-10 tournament win.  That's not an easy task,  given the way we play on the road (UMASS and GM) and needing to beat VCU, but it is doable.  Obviously, an upset win @ UD or @RI would be very helpful to getting those needed 8 W's and would also add some sex appeal to our record.

What do we need to do this?;

JG to regain some of his at-least average shooting touch-he has to do better than on the Philly trip;  at least 10 pts/14 reb from HF; 20-25 PPG from JP; 10 + PPG from DJ; aggressive play continuing from Yuri as in the SJ game; a few good min. ea game from JBJ;  a couple 3s per game from TW;  and TH Jr realizing that probably 75% of his made FGs this year have come from dunks/lay ups so stop trying to be a threat from outside and use your leaping ability to rebound. 

28 minutes ago, bauman said:

I hope you are right.  Here's my best guess at a path to 24 W's:  16 as of this morning (remember that Maryville doesn't count); 8 more as follows:DUQ, LAS, @UMASS, VCU, SJ, @ GM, STB and 1 A-10 tournament win.  That's not an easy task,  given the way we play on the road (UMASS and GM) and needing to beat VCU, but it is doable.  Obviously, an upset win @ UD or @RI would be very helpful to getting those needed 8 W's and would also add some sex appeal to our record.

What do we need to do this?;

JG to regain some of his at-least average shooting touch-he has to do better than on the Philly trip;  at least 10 pts/14 reb from HF; 20-25 PPG from JP; 10 + PPG from DJ; aggressive play continuing from Yuri as in the SJ game; a few good min. ea game from JBJ;  a couple 3s per game from TW;  and TH Jr realizing that probably 75% of his made FGs this year have come from dunks/lay ups so stop trying to be a threat from outside and use your leaping ability to rebound. 

The Maryville game does count but the NCAA will not consider it when picking Tourney slots unless we had lost the game.  So when Bills Believer says 24 wins the question is did he mean that it included Maryville or not - he is mute on that.  

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

The NCAA Tournament Selection Committee doesn't "slot" conferences.  They don't say, "Such-and-such conference can have only X number of teams in the field."

If four A-10 teams are deserving of bids, with respect to all of the other teams, then that's how many will get in.

At least, that's what they always claim.