Bubble Watch 2020

11 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28878321/jay-bilas-college-basketball-rankings-2019-20-version-40

So, Jay Bilas has us in at #65 in the Bilas Index pre-tournament edition.  However, he says in his description that we will need to win the A-10 tournament to "make the cut."  I assume that this takes into account getting bumped by auto-qualifiers.

Below Yale, Belmont, and Liberty.... right....

Edit: and UNC-Greensboro. and BRADLEY!!!

NC Greensboro lost almost as many games in the SoCon as we did in our league. Lost to 229 NET Montana St AT HOME and lost on Saturday of the conference tournament (that's the quarterfinals). Lost TWICE to 151 NET Chattanooga. They're an 81 NET. Their best win: @Georgetown, who is 15-16. Literally by any metric, they have a worse resume than us.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clemson keeps their very slim NCAA hopes alive with a W over Miami despite their best efforts to blow it down the stretch.  They were up 10 with 50 seconds left and allowed Miami get to within 4 and be on the line shooting 2 FTs with 12 second left because of some Clemson turnovers, Miami 3s and offensive rebounds.  Miami missed both FTs which would have allowed them to cut it to 2 with 12 seconds left.  Clemson needs to beat ACC #1 FL State in their to have any NCAA hopes and likely win the game after that to get to the ACC finals to actually make it.

Keeping tabs on this game reminded me that Keith Stone, a stretch big grad transfer who it seemed like SLU had a shot at, plays for Miami.  His stat line at Miami is pretty meh, so not a big loss there.  I was really hoping we'd get him though because I though a stretch big would fill a need and because of the Keystone Light jokes that could have been made.

19 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

NC State up 14 with 6 min left. Looks like they're probably in the tourney. 

I don't think they're in based on a W over Pitt.  They were likely on the bubble / OUT going into the game.  A loss would have killed their chances and a win keeps them alive.  IMO if they lose in the next round to Duke, they're at the mercy of how other teams finish.

17 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I don't think they're in based on a W over Pitt.  They were likely on the bubble / OUT going into the game.  A loss would have killed their chances and a win keeps them alive.  IMO if they lose in the next round to Duke, they're at the mercy of how other teams finish.

You're probably right, I was meaning they are probably in because they avoided a bad loss that would knock them off. A loss tomorrow and they are squarely on the bubble.

22 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

they're in

2 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

they're in

As of this morning http://www.bracketmatrix.com/ had them IN on only 48/150 bracket projections which puts them as the 3rd team OUT.  They were also 54 in NET rankings this morning.  I don't think a win over Pitt moves the needle that much for them.  A neutral court win and the big margin helps, but I would guess they're still in the very low 40s or 50s in NET.  Beating Duke tomorrow puts them IN for sure.  Without a win tomorrow, they need some combo of bad results for other bubble teams and being looked upon favorably by the selection committee.  

38 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Please clarify your question about last-place SEC Vanderbilt.

Sorry I thought they sucked but must of misread record they showed I thought under team name it said 21-9. my bad so it does suck for us that Vandy took that spot knocking one more @ large bid off the table.

18 minutes ago, almaman said:

Sorry I thought they sucked but must of misread record they showed I thought under team name it said 21-9. my bad so it does suck for us that Vandy took that spot knocking one more @ large bid off the table.

What are you talking about? Vandy hasn’t won the SEC tournament, and I highly doubt they will.

There is not going to be an NCAA tournament guys. I will be surprised if SLU plays another game this season. On the bright side, at least we aren't Dayton. Could you imagine have your best team every by a massive margin and having the postseason cancelled?!?!?!?

13 minutes ago, davidnark said:

There is not going to be an NCAA tournament guys. I will be surprised if SLU plays another game this season. On the bright side, at least we aren't Dayton. Could you imagine have your best team every by a massive margin and having the postseason cancelled?!?!?!?

like I said... the NCAA Tournament is currently on bubble watch

21 minutes ago, davidnark said:

Too much tv money. They will have it unless mass numbers of players are sick.