Bubble Watch 2020

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I really don’t understand why the bracketogists seem to ignore the NET. UCLA is 75, Texas 68, Indiana 60.... yet all considered ahead of us

The Internet business is about eyeballs.  Those three schools have a huge amount of fans.  You'll notice in the last 48 hours before Selection Sunday, the final at-large selections by bracketologists will begin to reflect reality.  Until then, they will hunt for clicks by deluded fanbases.  It happens every year.

30 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

To me, I think it’s a collective opinion that the NET isn’t highly valued by the committee. 

It used to be BCS, now it’s Power 5.

The NET can be used to help the Power 5, the NET can be ignored to help the Power 5, or both, whichever helps transfer more at large bids to the Power 5. 

15 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The Internet business is about eyeballs.  Those three schools have a huge amount of fans.  You'll notice in the last 48 hours before Selection Sunday, the final at-large selections by bracketologists will begin to reflect reality.  Until then, they will hunt for clicks by deluded fanbases.  It happens every year.

Archie Miller went from trying to avoid Fordham to becoming Fordham. 

/hottake

Have we touched on UNI yet? They have some decent wins (@ Colorado, South Carolina) but got ran by Drake in the tournament.  If the Mo Valley gets 2 and we get 1 I’ll puke.

18 minutes ago, Brighton said:

That was a different Dayton team.

How, exactly, was that Dayton team different than the current Dayton team? I’d love to hear your explanation. Whereas there are obvious differences between the SLU team that lost twice to Dayton and the current SLU team. Like Hargrove becoming a key contributor on offense and defense. The emergence of Perkins. Significantly better shooting from the perimeter to give Has and J-Good more space. The better understanding and execution of defensive schemes. 

3 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I really don’t understand why the bracketogists seem to ignore the NET. UCLA is 75, Texas 68, Indiana 60.... yet all considered ahead of us

They don't ignore NET. They put it context of other things. Clearly Minnesota can't be a tourney team despite a NET of 47.

35 minutes ago, dlarry said:

And this is a much better Bills team than It was a few weeks ago.

Something clicked together within TeamBlue over the last few games. I do not know that whatever it is can be defined. It could be an enlarged level of confidence or determination. Whatever it is, it is good for us.

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

Beating Dayton is the only ticket to the NCAAs and I don't see it happening.

A better name for you would be Darkton.

You refused to get on the GDT while the game was underway and be excited for the team your supposed to be a fan of.

You only want to post negativity then fans bad or troll post you.

I thought you were tired about fans thinking SLU is the little engine that could?

Both games were close and SLU only got beat by a buzzer beater.  SLU is on a roll so most fans that really know this team see it happening.

29 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Something clicked together within TeamBlue over the last few games. I do not know that whatever it is can be defined. It could be an enlarged level of confidence or determination. Whatever it is, it is good for us.

I see Collins fighting through screens for one thing. Not getting picked off.

Billiken Rich likes this