- Cincy won v. SMU

- Miss St won @ Florida

- Rhody won @ G Mason

- Michigan won @ Nebraska

- VCU won v. Richmond 

- Virginia won v. Florida St

- VTech lost @ Miami

- Purdue lost @ Rutgers

It probably won't take much more to bump Stanford, USC, Arkansas, St. Mary's, and VCU up to the "in" list. They're close to being locks and I think they'll do it.

I'd add Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Richmond, TCU, Texas, Georgetown, Michigan, Utah State, Northern Iowa, Utah, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Yale, Liberty, and ETSU to the bubble since we're including SLU. There are a lot of teams in that 50-70 neighborhood currently out that have the potential to go on a run, or for which the numbers could break just right.

They're going to try to get 12 Big Ten teams in, which is insane. They've broken the NET rankings already.

Old guy and Bizziken like this

14 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It probably won't take much more to bump Stanford, USC, Arkansas, St. Mary's, and VCU up to the "in" list. They're close to being locks and I think they'll do it.

I'd add Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Richmond, TCU, Texas, Georgetown, Michigan, Utah State, Northern Iowa, Utah, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Yale, Liberty, and ETSU to the bubble since we're including SLU. There are a lot of teams in that 50-70 neighborhood currently out that have the potential to go on a run, or for which the numbers could break just right.

They're going to try to get 12 Big Ten teams in, which is insane. They've broken the NET rankings already.

Yeah they are probably a win or two away from being in. 
already have Miss St, Michigan and VTech

Liberty just lost back to back Q3 games bumping them from 24 to 70 NET and with no good wins it’s kind of hard to see them having a chance. 
If some of those other teams make runs ill make sure to add them

9 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

By this point we probably all know that our Billikens are in the middle or back on the bubble. Since January and the first half of conference play is nearing its end I thought I’d make a post showing who we want to lose so we can jump them as we hopefully win.

First, these are the teams that unless they lose almost all remaining games will be in the tournament in March:

AMER: Houston, Wichita St

A10: Dayton

ACC: Duke, Louisville, Florida St

Big 12: Baylor, Kansas, WVU

Big East: S Hall, Villanova, Butler, Creighton, Marquette

Big Ten: Mich St, Maryland, Iowa, Illinois, Rutgers, Ohio State, Penn St

PAC 12: Arizona, Oregon, Colorado

SEC: Kentucky, LSU, Auburn

Other: Gonzaga, San Diego State

-This adds up to 29 teams that will certainly make the tournament. 
-22 leagues will likely have only one bid and no teams on the bubble

-This leaves a total of 17 spots left for the bubble teams

-Obviously this can change but here are the 28 teams that are competing for the last 17 spots, or in other words, who to root against in the next 7 weeks, sorted by NET ranking

—————

Stanford , Arkansas , BYU , Wisconsin , St Mary’s, Michigan , Purdue , Florida , Texas Tech , VCU , USC , Alabama , Minnesota , Indiana , Washington , Oklahoma , Rhode Island , Miss St, V-Tech , Memphis , Arizona St , Cincy , Virginia , NC State , Xavier , DePaul , St Louis, and Tulsa

—————

This is Great. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

-I think I would be sick if I hear that on SS

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Purdue with a NET in the 30s and a record of 11-10 is embarrassing.  

overall strength of the big ten?

At this point it's too far out to worry about bubble teams losing. This won't come into focus in a meaningful way until the last week of the season, and the main concern will be bid thieves. We want to keep rooting for past opponents, and for the A-10 teams we play twice. Kansas St. and Tulane have really bit the shed. I'll continue to insist that 13-5 will put SLU in very solid position come Championship Week.

6 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

At this point it's too far out to worry about bubble teams losing. This won't come into focus in a meaningful way until the last week of the season, and the main concern will be bid thieves. We want to keep rooting for past opponents, and for the A-10 teams we play twice. Kansas St. and Tulane have really bit the shed. I'll continue to insist that 13-5 will put SLU in very solid position come Championship Week.

Agreed, but what else am I supposed to do? Work? 

23 hours ago, MichaelC said:

Come conference tournament time we'll also have to root for no upsets in what would be 1 bid conferences (SOCON, MVC, etc.) because the top teams in those leagues are going to get in anyway, the fewer "stolen" bids, the better. 

The SoCon is now officially a one-bid conference.  East Tennessee State, the only potential at-large, had a brutal 16 point loss at home to #244 Mercer.

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The SoCon is now officially a one-bid conference.  East Tennessee State, the only potential at-large, had a brutal 16 point loss at home to #244 Mercer.

The NET rankings haven't updated yet but I imagine they'll see a nosedive from their current 42 ranking.

ETSU is down to 66. SLU is at 69. The problem for ETSU is that they're going to have a really hard time climbing from there. They pretty much have to win the conference tournament now. UNC-Greensboro and Furman are in their NET neighborhood and any of those three could win the conference.

Bubble teams that got help last night: Memphis hung on for a road win at UCF, Texas Tech upset WVU at home, Texas won at TCU, Northern Iowa crushed Missouri State.

Bubble teams that lost last night: TCU (to Texas), Oklahoma (K-State), Xavier (Marquette), DePaul (Seton Hall), Indiana (Penn State), Arizona State (Washington State), Alabama (LSU), Arkansas (South Carolina).

So SLU's NET rating did drop two spots but last night's results were mostly helpful.

@BillsBeliever!!! - any changes to your groupings?

Here’s how it looks right now to me (teams in tiers aren’t in order):

TIER ONE: USC, Wisconsin, Texas Tech

TIER TWO: Michigan, Minnesota, St Mary’s, Indiana

TIER THREE: Arkansas, BYU, VCU, Memphis, NC State, Florida, Stanford, Virginia, and Rhode Island

TIER FOUR: N. Iowa, Oklahoma, Alabama,  VTech, Purdue, and St Louis

TIER FIVE: Yale, Tulsa, Washington, Miss St, Cincy, Xavier, Texas, DePaul, ETSU, and Richmond

NOW OUT: Arizona State 

Tiers one to three (17 teams) are in the tournament, Tiers four and five are trying to get in with those in four slightly closer.

Bills are back end Tier four, low end tier five

Pistol likes this