Goodwin: One of the top underrated CBB players

moytoy12

6 minutes ago, Spoonball18 said:

As far as French and my reason for advocating for a bank shot....I don’t care if they blindfold him on his attempts!  I just want to see something, anything other than a stiff armed push of the 🏀 that falls a foot short and a foot to the side.

He's still going to fall a foot short and a foot to the side just as often on bank shots. It's not like all of the sudden he will develop good form because he's aiming for a square instead of a circle.

almaman likes this

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

He's still going to fall a foot short and a foot to the side just as often on bank shots. It's not like all of the sudden he will develop good form because he's aiming for a square instead of a circle.

But if he aims to bank it, those short free throws that end up airballs now might end up as swishes. #ThinkAboutIt. Lol. But in all seriousness, I don't think any technique is going to matter until he gets out of his own head. We've heard so many people report how he knocks them down in practice. It's just a mental block. I feel for him. 

3 minutes ago, slusam said:

How did this thread turn into talking about freethrows again. There. is a thread just for that topic

Sorry. I only have enough attention span to look at the most recent replies. 

16 minutes ago, slusam said:

How did this thread turn into talking about freethrows again. There. is a thread just for that topic

I won’t take all the credit (or blame).  There were a few people who believe he has some faults, but my comment about wild shots and Perkins being the new sheriff in town rattled some nerves.  My comments about free throw shooting got a few reactions.  When a super sleuth figured out I had comments in 2 threads, I made a comment that just made the whole world turn on its axis.  It’s my fault.

1 hour ago, Spoonball18 said:

I’m honestly not trying to be mean lol...I just don’t understand why people think that saying something critical is weighted so much!  This car gets a 4.5 star rating with a little room for improvement being lack of leg room on the back seat.  The house is gorgeous but lacks a level of curb appeal compared to the rest of the neighborhood.  The meal is one of the best you will ever have but the bread and butter was nothing special.  Being critical of Goodwin’s game doesn’t mean we wouldn’t take 4 more like him, it just means he has room to improve.

It's not the fact that you were critical.  I've been critical of JGood a lot. You're moving the target. The entire point which has been stated was my disagreement with your suggestion that JGood should give way to Perkins. 

Either way. I've seen enough of your posts to be done. 

20 minutes ago, Spoonball18 said:

I won’t take all the credit (or blame).  There were a few people who believe he has some faults, but my comment about wild shots and Perkins being the new sheriff in town rattled some nerves.  My comments about free throw shooting got a few reactions.  When a super sleuth figured out I had comments in 2 threads, I made a comment that just made the whole world turn on its axis.  It’s my fault.

just linking the stupidity

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

It's not the fact that you were critical.  I've been critical of JGood a lot. You're moving the target. The entire point which has been stated was my disagreement with your suggestion that JGood should give way to Perkins. 

Either way. I've seen enough of your posts to be done. 

I’m offended and hurt.  You speak mean words.  

7 minutes ago, Spoonball18 said:

If you mean my intent to show you how soft, shallow, and easily offended some people are today by using a meme then...

Here's the thing. I'd have thought we could disagree and go back and forth without needing to turn it into this. Seriously though if it's all you got. I get it. 

11 minutes ago, Spoonball18 said:

If you mean my intent to show you how soft, shallow, and easily offended some people are today by using a meme then...

Your meme wasn't directed at some people. So wasn't it you that got easily offended because I disagreed with you. 

It was a meme.  Seriously I’m still shocked after 10 years of seeing crap like this that people get so offended and feel “attacked”over such stupid things.  This is life in the days of participation trophies.  Unreal.  I can’t help but laugh.  No I don’t get offended over petty things lol.  Jesus help us!!

crymdg2 likes this

12 minutes ago, Spoonball18 said:

It was a meme.  Seriously I’m still shocked after 10 years of seeing crap like this that people get so offended and feel “attacked”over such stupid things.  This is life in the days of participation trophies.  Unreal.  I can’t help but laugh.  No I don’t get offended over petty things lol.  Jesus help us!!

So what was the point of the meme? Come on, at least own it. You got offended because I disagreed with you. Honestly if we were arguing and I put up a pic of a dick head you wouldn't realize I was referring to you? In case you wouldn't,  let me make it clear. If that happened I would be calling you a dick head even if after the fact I decided to be a ***** and state I just thought there were other dick heads in the world. Not you, just people in  general. 

13 minutes ago, Spoonball18 said:

Everyone who complains about participation trophies being handed out was one of the adults buying participation trophies for kids. No 6 year old is going to the store to buy them. This comment is an indictment of the older generation (the parents) raising kids by giving them participation trophies. 

slufanskip likes this

9 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Everyone who complains about participation trophies being handed out was one of the adults buying participation trophies for kids. No 6 year old is going to the store to buy them. This comment is an indictment of the older generation (the parents) raising kids by giving them participation trophies. 

Lol, I haven’t thought about it like that in a long while but that is very much the case.  

29 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

So what was the point of the meme? Come on, at least own it. You got offended because I disagreed with you. Honestly if we were arguing and I put up a pic of a dick head you wouldn't realize I was referring to you? In case you wouldn't,  let me make it clear. If that happened I would be calling you a dick head even if after the fact I decided to be a ***** and state I just thought there were other dick heads in the world. Not you, just people in  general. 

This is my last comment on this stupid subject. You disagreed with me.  I didn’t get upset and hurt, but being someone who finds the frailty of society in 2020, I quickly located a meme that I felt you would identify with and BAM!  I hit it right in the nose!  It was a humorous meme, not malicious.  Laugh.  Don’t be so weak that you let words (or in this case a pic) bother you.  Christ!  No, I am not offended or hurt that you disagree with me.  I am sickened beyond belief that your hyper-sensitive feelings are hurt by a meme!!!  I don’t care what you call me, say about me, or think about me.  Don’t care.  Not losing a second of sleep over it.  I apologize to the rest of the posters that wasted a single second reading any of this back and forth bs.  I hope you find your safe place soon because the game starts soon.  Go Bills!

18 minutes ago, Spoonball18 said:

This is my last comment on this stupid subject. You disagreed with me.  I didn’t get upset and hurt, but being someone who finds the frailty of society in 2020, I quickly located a meme that I felt you would identify with and BAM!  I hit it right in the nose!  It was a humorous meme, not malicious.  Laugh.  Don’t be so weak that you let words (or in this case a pic) bother you.  Christ!  No, I am not offended or hurt that you disagree with me.  I am sickened beyond belief that your hyper-sensitive feelings are hurt by a meme!!!  I don’t care what you call me, say about me, or think about me.  Don’t care.  Not losing a second of sleep over it.  I apologize to the rest of the posters that wasted a single second reading any of this back and forth bs.  I hope you find your safe place soon because the game starts soon.  Go Bills!

The play by play of you finding a meme is the only humorous thing you’ve posted so far (albeit unintentionally).