Had not noticed anyone comments on Matter's...

Schasz

Reply to a question on why Missouri does not play SLU in basketball. Perhaps it was because it was the typical SLU is not worthy to play them crapola that we have seen so many times before. I don't think Missouri has been very good since Martin took over there. Thoughts...

11 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

missouri has been mediocre to poor for years, did make the tourney appearance a couple of years age, but overall the last 6 have been dismal

MIZZOU hasn't won an NCAA tournament game since 2010.  This season will make 10 years in a row with no NCAA wins.  Dave Matter is a Mizzou fanboy.

Billiken Rich likes this

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

Reply to a question on why Missouri does not play SLU in basketball. Perhaps it was because it was the typical SLU is not worthy to play them crapola that we have seen so many times before. I don't think Missouri has been very good since Martin took over there. Thoughts...

Links are helpful.

This topic is like beating a dead horse.  He manages to point out the two close states who do not play instate rivals.  He neglects to mention the schools in other states who do play each other - cherry picking.  I have no interest in playing Missouri and honestly am just tired of this old nonsense.  I was out town for the Davidson loss but I doubt seriously that everybody was so understanding - his whining is unbecoming.

Quality Is Job 1 and Schasz like this

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Links are helpful.

Sorry, I guess  figured by now most everyone knew Dave Matter was a Post-Dispatch honk for Missouri and had access to the daily P-D. Thanks for HenryB for providing the link. I agree that Missouri has become very irrelevant in college hoops. 

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

Sorry, I guess  figured by now most everyone knew Dave Matter was a Post-Dispatch honk for Missouri and had access to the daily P-D. Thanks for HenryB for providing the link. I agree that Missouri has become very irrelevant in college hoops. 

I think Pistol was wanting to read what Matter wrote so without the link he would have no idea what Matter had said,  

Matters should look in the PD archives for all the articles in 2001 clamoring for this to become an annual game. At this point it's pretty much a dead issue; we'd like it to happen, and Mizzery hates the idea. Mizzery should make Maryville an annual game. 

It wasnt long ago that the tigerboard folks were saying cuonzo is the greatest and ford is a slimy coach they would want no part of. interesting what a few months can do. I think coach ford has the billikens on an upward trajectory that will be the envy of that school to the west

11 hours ago, Slowry said:

I’m shocked Mizzou doesn’t push for this game. It would be a great payday for both schools.  Their athletic department is loosing money.  You’d think they would want to make some.

This is a pretty good argument for playing the game.  I watch most Mizzou games, and their arena is consistently empty, especially for nonconference games.  I imagine a lot of us would buy tickets for a game in CoMo.

27 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

This is a pretty good argument for playing the game.  I watch most Mizzou games, and their arena is consistently empty, especially for nonconference games.  I imagine a lot of us would buy tickets for a game in CoMo.

there would be a wave of blue, no doubt. 

Matter's comparables are messed up.  Arkansas not playing Arkansas State in football has no relevance to two basketball programs playing each other.  As far as I can see, the State of Arkansas doesn't have another college basketball program similar to SLU (or Missouri State for that matter).

Then he uses Kansas?  Kansas?  His logic makes sense for a program like Kansas to use when not playing a program like Wichita State.  However, Mizzou is nowhere near KU.  KU has no incentive to play Wichita State.  If Mizzou played us and won, it would be considered one of the more quality wins on their resume.

1 hour ago, TJHawk said:

What does Mizzou have that SLU doesn't?  

That underground armory from Terminator 2 full of shotguns and stolen test answers and female punching dummies and driving simulators that punish you for obeying traffic laws and a realtime smart map that shows all potential transfers up to 2 weeks before they actually declare.

Billiken Rich likes this

4 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Bingo!

And I'd argue this isn't just a Mizzou problem.  While I love the game, college hoops has a regular season problem, particularly with its non-conference schedules.  There are just too many crappy games or games in half-empty stadiums.  The more schools can schedule teams that generate increased local interest, the better.  And while Mizzou fans can say they don't care, a game against SLU would be a sell-out in either gym.