The Bills over LaS by 5

The Wiz

We had this all the way....LOL

Let's look at WWN2D2W....

they are vulnerable to the TO...create more TOs....We had an amazing 8 TOs (remember the game was 5 min longer too) to LaS  14 TOs...TO diff of 6 worth about 12 pts....a game changer

since we have been trending down in 3P% and they have an excellent 3P D....limit 3P Att to 12...another game changer...47% from 3 range...so it was good that we continued to shoot from 3 because we were hot.  What really stands out here is that we beat them at their own perimeter game...ie they are usually hot from the arc and defend the 3 well..but tonight that was the Bills game  as the Bills out shot them 47 to 29....excellent...They have a few 3P shooters...Deas, Spencer and Phiri...hold them to a combined 35%...actual 27%...another good job

So why did we almost lose? ...how did we get forced into OT?  Well in another unusual reverse...they became us in 2 areas we usually excel  ...Reb & FTA

rebounds by 5....This was a fail...we not only didn't win by 5  but lost by 5...costly in an area where we are dominant....our strongest area  Off Reb,  we only managed to tie them.

FTA...One of the reasons FTs haven't hurt us this season is because we take more of them than the opponents.  We are 22nd ITN in FTA....but not tonight...we had 17 att...LaS had 20...very costly ...our 53% then becomes huge vs their 70%...difference equals 5 pts ...the spread.

Hold Croswell to less than 50% from inside the arc....Fail ...actual 63%

Finally a tip o' the cap to JGood...reaching 1000 pts... JGood and Has ...another double , double...Yuri ...all time freshman assts leader...and last but not least... to Hightower...star of the game...comes in for OT,  scores key points , gets key steals and grabs the winning rebound in the final second to preserve the win...nice job.

Bottom line...We play to the competition...again

I did not watch the game, as I still do not yet have ESPN +.  I monitored periodically and listened to Bob Ramsey and Earl Austin, Jr. for the last 1:01 of regulation and the overtime.  From reading the GDT, and listening to Bob Ramsey's play by play that it seemed Yuri Collins was fouled like 4 times on the same possession, no calls, that resulted in a key crunch time "turnover," then Ramsey saying Jordan Goodwin was pushed out of bounds, no call, it appears the A10 zebras played a key role too, as usual.  Such is life in the A10 de facto East Coast Bus League.  

A Win is a Win is a Win.  Conference road Wins are huge.  Post-game I was moved to play TSOP, The Sound of Philadelphia, the Soul Train theme.  

Billikens Win, and the bottom line is that is what ultimately matters!

SLU is 16-5, 5-3 and again trending upward.

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I did not watch the game, as I still do not yet have ESPN +.  I monitored periodically and listened to Bob Ramsey and Earl Austin, Jr. for the last 1:01 of regulation and the overtime.  From reading the GDT, and listening to Bob Ramsey's play by play that it seemed Yuri Collins was fouled like 4 times on the same possession, no calls, that resulted in a key crunch time "turnover," then Ramsey saying Jordan Goodwin was pushed out of bounds, no call, it appears the A10 zebras played a key role too, as usual.  Such is life in the A10 de facto East Coast Bus League.  

A Win is a Win is a Win.  Conference road Wins are huge.  Post-game I was moved to play TSOP, The Sound of Philadelphia, the Soul Train theme.  

The A10 is the ABA of major college basketball.  Unorthodox stars, wild finishes and bad officiating.  

4 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

If Ramsey was reffing there would be 100 fouls called in favor of the Billikens. 

Rammer is over the top with his alleged travel and foul calls, which are not usually travels or fouls. He’ll say a player was “hammered no call,” but seeing the replay says it’s almost always an exaggeration. However, he was right in that Yuri did get hit at least three times while making his way upcourt. OTOH, JGood wasn’t pushed out of bounds, he just dove for a hotly contested loose ball that carried him across the endline.

As has been mentioned before, the call against Jacobs which allowed LaSalle to send it to OT was egregiously bad. Surprised Rammer didn’t go ballistic on that one. Maybe he didn’t see it but wow was that a bad call.

18 hours ago, Matty Light said:

Pavilion in the park?  That's fascinating.  You'd think with Bill Russell they could have got the Cow Palace.

I don't think it is all Christian Brothers.  The Manhattan Jaspers have high school bleachers at each end.

DraddyGym6_1980x1020.jpg

So that’s where the Bay Area Bombers played? I remember those late Friday and Saturday night matches televised. It was awesome when the jammer tried to flip the one trying to pass through over the rail. She often managed to do it too. It was like watching a human car crash.

Jim Croce did a great song about falling in love with a roller derby skater while watching those same matches. Find it on youtube, it’s pretty funny.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:31 AM, Matty Light said:

Pavilion in the park?  That's fascinating.  You'd think with Bill Russell they could have got the Cow Palace.

I don't think it is all Christian Brothers.  The Manhattan Jaspers have high school bleachers at each end.

DraddyGym6_1980x1020.jpg

Think if they ever hosted an NIT game against a big school. I'm sure that place would be fun.