OT RIP Kobe Bryant

dlarry

I'm the same age as Kobe.  It makes it even stranger.  None of the Big NBA stars of the 70s, 80s, 90s really have died.  Never should have been Kobe first.

I feel like Kobe is the Dimaggio of basketball.  Everyone knows he's not the best player but damn he carried himself like he was and we just accepted it.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

I'm the same age as Kobe.  It makes it even stranger.  None of the Big NBA stars of the 70s, 80s, 90s really have died.  Never should have been Kobe first.

I feel like Kobe is the Dimaggio of basketball.  Everyone knows he's not the best player but damn he carried himself like he was and we just let accepted it.

I’m a year older with a 12 year old daughter.  Really hit me hard.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

I feel like Kobe is the Dimaggio of basketball.  Everyone knows he's not the best player but damn he carried himself like he was and we just let accepted it.

I'm a year younger. This is our John Lennon moment.

Man.  This was a tough one for me.  My favorite player.  Retired.  Won an Oscar.  Coached his daughter while exploring creative ventures (books, investments).  I myself have a 13 yr old who's starting to love the sport I use to coach.  We won't get to see Kobe age gracefully....see his daughter continue to grow and develop.  Won't get to see Kobe give his Hall of Fame speech...smh.

Props to Coach Ford for his words on Kobe 🙏

moytoy12 likes this

• 2 weeks later...