GDT: Fordham

SLU_Nick

2 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

In close games, I’d like to see Collins Weaver Perkins Goodwin and French as the crunch time 5. Love Weavers aggression lately and gives another good FT shooter to go along with Perkins. Get TH away from crunch time until he is a little more polished.

That was the second-half starting five (for the past two games).  But Coach Ford shouldn't wear them out too much in the second half.  The team isn't deep.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A meh 2nd half but this team won wire to wire. Not sure why Ford buried Jacobs. 

Road trip to Philly should focus the team. Glad they get to stay there and not hop back on a plane. Pick up two wins and the team is 6-3 at the turn in the ACC. If they can go 7-2 in the back half, they should creep back up on the bubble. @URI, @Dayton, and VCU will be really tough. At this point I'd say 11-7 in the A-10. Tough to swallow if that's the case, given the flashes this team has shown.

Just got back and have not read through this topic -- but any ideas/ indication why Jacobs never got minutes in the 2nd half?  Is he hurt, or being punished for something, or what ??

My friend sitting next to me told me at tip-off about Kobe's demise, with Gigi and all the others.  Serious gut punch for basketball fans but in LA, where I know many people, it's even worse, such an icon out there.....

7 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Just got back and have not read through this topic -- but any ideas/ indication why Jacobs never got minutes in the 2nd half?  Is he hurt, or being punished for something, or what ??

My friend sitting next to me told me at tip-off about Kobe's demise, with Gigi and all the others.  Serious gut punch for basketball fans but in LA, where I know many people, it's even worse, such an icon out there.....

He had a shoulder issue early. I imagine Ford didn’t want to risk it much against Fordham.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Well, it was Fordham.  Front row seats for the next two in Phiily.  Goingto need to do better.  La Salle plays pressing man-to-man.  St. Joes not so much.  Going to be interesting.  Need to win these next three.

‘Pressing man to man’.  Thank god. 

The packed 2-3 is our kryptonite 

27 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Road trip to Philly should focus the team. Glad they get to stay there and not hop back on a plane. Pick up two wins and the team is 6-3 at the turn in the ACC. If they can go 7-2 in the back half, they should creep back up on the bubble. @URI, @Dayton, and VCU will be really tough. At this point I'd say 11-7 in the A-10. Tough to swallow if that's the case, given the flashes this team has shown.

Jacobs hurt his shoulder in the first half.  He did play a little in the second half.

What conference do the Bills play in?

My turn, today we took our 7 year old grandchild to the game and after coming back had to feed him (he eats slowly and talks a lot), before coming up to the computer to  write this post. Sorry for the delay.

This was not a well attended game, 2 tubas present with the band, about 45% or so attendance, maybe 50%. However Andre managed to keep the enthusiasm up. Some observations: Jimerson was there with the team, wearing a boot but walking OK with  it and not suited (dressed in black). He sat in the row behind the team and has grown a small beard. He looked fine. Corey Tate is walking much better without the crutches now, still needs to lose some weight. Finally there was a very tall young guy with a tan coat sitting 2 rows behind the Bills (behind Corey Tate and Jimerson) who was talking with the AD at the half time, he was about a foot taller than the AD. I assume he is a player, possible recruit. Anyone has any ideas about who this kid may be?

The game was less than spectacular, but we won and that is what we had to do. We played better in the first half but still won by 16 pts, which is fine. My wife told me Jacobs had been taken back through the tunnel after a collision or something with the other guys about midway in the first half. I did not see this as I was out buying a soda for the child at the time. Anyway, he came back out later on but did not play much afterwards, so I think he may have been held from playing because of whatever had happened.

Anyway, very happy we won today. My grandson has a theory about this win. He says firmly that whenever he comes to a game with us we win the game. He wants to come to a lot more games to make sure the Bills win and, in order to facilitate the win, we will be happy to comply with his wish.

No on to the next game, Go Bills!

16 minutes ago, Old guy said:

My turn, today we took our 7 year old grandchild to the game and after coming back had to feed him (he eats slowly and talks a lot), before coming up to the computer to  write this post. Sorry for the delay.

This was not a well attended game, 2 tubas present with the band, about 45% or so attendance, maybe 50%. However Andre managed to keep the enthusiasm up. Some observations: Jimerson was there with the team, wearing a boot but walking OK with  it and not suited (dressed in black). He sat in the row behind the team and has grown a small beard. He looked fine. Corey Tate is walking much better without the crutches now, still needs to lose some weight. Finally there was a very tall young guy with a tan coat sitting 2 rows behind the Bills (behind Corey Tate and Jimerson) who was talking with the AD at the half time, he was about a foot taller than the AD. I assume he is a player, possible recruit. Anyone has any ideas about who this kid may be?

The game was less than spectacular, but we won and that is what we had to do. We played better in the first half but still won by 16 pts, which is fine. My wife told me Jacobs had been taken back through the tunnel after a collision or something with the other guys about midway in the first half. I did not see this as I was out buying a soda for the child at the time. Anyway, he came back out later on but did not play much afterwards, so I think he may have been held from playing because of whatever had happened.

Anyway, very happy we won today. My grandson has a theory about this win. He says firmly that whenever he comes to a game with us we win the game. He wants to come to a lot more games to make sure the Bills win and, in order to facilitate the win, we will be happy to comply with his wish.

No on to the next game, Go Bills!

Agree, we needed a win and we got one. all wins are good wins. lets keep it going in philly. i will make some cheesesteaks. hope that helps on wednesday

1 hour ago, Crewsorlose said:

At one point in the first half he went to the back holding his shoulder

It was an unusual game in that each team had only 57 possessions which is 10-15 less than normal. Figuring a decent pts./possession is 1.05 or so, we were only 5 points short of what we could reasonably expect. A couple of threes rattle in and we’re there.

11 turnovers resulted in a rate under 20% which is always good.

Defense and rebounding were excellent although forced turnover rate was low. The problem continues to be that we can’t get Has’ any shots and we’re relying on penetration against the zone and mid-range jumpers to score. 

I could only follow the play by play yesterday, and after the 13-0 start, it was a little frustrating with the scoring droughts. After watching the replay though, it wasn’t as bad as it seemed. Bottom line is we have to figure out ways to get Has’ some shots or flash someone in the paint when he is double and triple-teamed. Otherwise, I’m not optimistic about an above.500 conference mark.

NH likes this

20 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Jacobs made that great drive from outside left to the right of the lane - sweet bank off the glass.  Prior to that he was wide open beyond 3 & I was shouting to shoot it but he passed off.  He needs a little Perkins mind set.  Hope he blooms soon.

54 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

Jacobs made that great drive from outside left to the right of the lane - sweet bank off the glass.  Prior to that he was wide open beyond 3 & I was shouting to shoot it but he passed off.  He needs a little Perkins mind set.  Hope he blooms soon.

I find him very puzzling . He has made some of the most athletic aggressive plays of the year but then disappears for long periods. 

On 1/26/2020 at 5:25 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

@Bills71, did someone give you a wedgie or something?  What's with the bad post reactions for saying, "Trey Weaver!" when Tay Weaver hits a 3?!  It's what Rammer says!  It's not disrespectful!  Do you hate Rammer, too?

Yup.

We disagree.

You are not Rammer!