GDT: Fordham

SLU_Nick

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just to see us go out and cover the spread. Our guys, especially JGood and Has, have to be pissed after the Davidson game. Big question, does Perkins get the starting nod. I'd do it for two reasons; we need early points in case Fordham is using McKillop's playbook, and two, to light a fire under Jacob's arse. 

Need a 20 point fuoking banger.  Show this league that you still have it.

I want to see what Perkins can do with 20 shots today.

20.  Anything less than the best is a felony.  It's not worth winning if you can't win big.  Floaters are for pu$$ies.  Pressing is for men.  Run it up.  Make 'em cry.

20 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Need a 20 point fuoking banger.  Show this league that you still have it.

I want to see what Perkins can do with 20 shots today.

20.  Anything less than the best is a felony.  It's not worth winning if you can't win big.  Floaters are for pu$$ies.  Pressing is for men.  Run it up.  Make 'em cry.

close this thread. nothing more to even say. 7 dunks or we forfeit 

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I would just to see us go out and cover the spread. Our guys, especially JGood and Has, have to be pissed after the Davidson game. Big question, does Perkins get the starting nod. I'd do it for two reasons; we need early points in case Fordham is using McKillop's playbook, and two, to light a fire under Jacob's arse. 

Ford was quoted about making lineup changes a few days ago if I'm not mistaken. Think we see a different starting 5.

29 minutes ago, slu72 said:

They were pissed after the Dayton game and that didn't work out too well.

Let's just hope they remember they are awesome and stomp these dudes. It's when those two get totally absent minded that SLU really struggles. 

17 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ford was quoted about making lineup changes a few days ago if I'm not mistaken. Think we see a different starting 5.

We will know in an hour or so.  This morning there was an interesting comment in the PD

Ford said it probably doesn’t matter if Perkins is starting or not, although he didn’t rule out the possibility. Perkins doesn’t particularly care.

“It doesn’t matter as long as we’re winning,” he said. “You adjust to it. I’m not really searching for it or anything.”

37 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Hightower named a starter today. We need his game management skills.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I really hope Perkins gets the start.  We need to come out the gates with as much offensive power as possible.  Sets the tone.  Let’s go Bills.

3 minutes ago, EssEllYou said:

I really hope Perkins gets the start.  We need to come out the gates with as much offensive power as possible.  Sets the tone.  Let’s go Bills.

I agree.  I like Jacobs and man he shows flashes of ability.  It just seems like he doesn’t have that killer instinct.  Maybe not starting would light a fire.  He certainly has the ability to be a star.  

I think this stretch of 3 games is the critical stretch for us. We simply cannot afford to lose to any of these 3 teams. Plus, after losing 2 in a row they need a big shot of confidence. These are games we should win, but the A10 is suddenly appearing stronger and deeper than originally predicted. For example, I would never have guessed Fordham was ranked 21 in defense. We all know how we can struggle to score, and it makes this game a little scarier than the walk in the park I figured it would be. Again, we can't afford a loss to any of these 3 teams. I'm figuring the most losses we can stand until Brooklyn is 2 more and that should get us in the top 4. Since we have SVU, VCU, and URI on the horizon we don't have the luxury of being upset. 

18 minutes ago, Slowry said:

I agree.  I like Jacobs and man he shows flashes of ability.  It just seems like he doesn’t have that killer instinct.  Maybe not starting would light a fire.  He certainly has the ability to be a star.  

It's what makes him so frustrating to watch. Here one game MIA the next two.